Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 10627 times)

• Liked: 7
FLR(M) First FLR questions
« on: January 18, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
I am delighted to say that my wife got her fiancé visa, and she is loving it here in the UK  :) Now we are married, we are looking at further leave to remain (FLR(M)).

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I wanted to double-check. I have earned over the £18,600 threshold in basic pay for the last six months, however prior to this I was earning just below £18,600 (we met the financial threshold for the fiancé visa with overtime, and submitted 12 month’s wage slips and bank statements, as well as an explanation from my employer that going forwards I would be earning above £18,600 in basic pay). Am I right in saying that this time, now my basic pay is above £18,600 per year and has been for the last six months, submitting six month’s wage slips and bank statements will be enough, even though I didn’t earn above the threshold before this six months? I don’t need 12 months like I did in the last visa, where I hadn’t earned above £18,600 for six months?

Also, in regard to the 28 day rule for evidence like wage slips, this is from the date of hitting submit on the online form, I take it? Not from the date of biometrics that is done at the post office? Again, I just want to be sure, probably worrying too much!

Finally, I wondered, when you apply with the online form, do you book biometrics on the online form, or do you get a letter with an invite? Many thanks  :)

• Liked: 6113
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
I am delighted to say that my wife got her fiancé visa, and she is loving it here in the UK  :) Now we are married, we are looking at further leave to remain (FLR(M)).

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I wanted to double-check. I have earned over the £18,600 threshold in basic pay for the last six months, however prior to this I was earning just below £18,600 (we met the financial threshold for the fiancé visa with overtime, and submitted 12 month’s wage slips and bank statements, as well as an explanation from my employer that going forwards I would be earning above £18,600 in basic pay). Am I right in saying that this time, now my basic pay is above £18,600 per year and has been for the last six months, submitting six month’s wage slips and bank statements will be enough, even though I didn’t earn above the threshold before this six months? I don’t need 12 months like I did in the last visa, where I hadn’t earned above £18,600 for six months?

Also, in regard to the 28 day rule for evidence like wage slips, this is from the date of hitting submit on the online form, I take it? Not from the date of biometrics that is done at the post office? Again, I just want to be sure, probably worrying too much!

Finally, I wondered, when you apply with the online form, do you book biometrics on the online form, or do you get a letter with an invite? Many thanks  :)

You are correct on the first two points. You only need 6 months worth of statements, make sure they are a full 6 months though. And yes within 28 days of the online application.
As part of the application, you will generate a biometrics letter. Just take that to a participating Post Office (check first, they don't all do it) with your passport, no appointment needed.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »
You are correct on the first two points. You only need 6 months worth of statements, make sure they are a full 6 months though. And yes within 28 days of the online application.
As part of the application, you will generate a biometrics letter. Just take that to a participating Post Office (check first, they don't all do it) with your passport, no appointment needed.

Thank you so much for the help! :)

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 11:09:12 AM »
Hi all, we are hoping to complete the online form today. I have heard rumors that the supporting documents have to be scanned now at a Sopra Steria Centre after completing the online form, is this true or can they be posted to UKVI? I am just a little confused  ???

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »
Hi there,
I also wondered if anyone could help with this question:
Do you have a valid national identity card? (Required)
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.

I am sure we have never come across this question in the past. My wife has a California Identification Card, is this what she should use? She moved to Washington state before moving over here but she doesn't have another card and this one is still valid.
It says:
Issuing authority
On your identity card, this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'.

We can't find an Issuing authority on the card- do we put "California USA"? Is the Issue date the "ISS" date? Many thanks guys, this is a curveball we were not expecting.  Does this card need to be submitted with the visa?

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
Hi there,
I also wondered if anyone could help with this question:
Do you have a valid national identity card? (Required)
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.

I am sure we have never come across this question in the past. My wife has a California Identification Card, is this what she should use? She moved to Washington state before moving over here but she doesn't have another card and this one is still valid.
It says:
Issuing authority
On your identity card, this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'.

We can't find an Issuing authority on the card- do we put "California USA"? Is the Issue date the "ISS" date? Many thanks guys, this is a curveball we were not expecting.  Does this card need to be submitted with the visa?

That sounds like they are asking for passport details in that section.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »
That sounds like they are asking for passport details in that section.
Hi there, we are pretty confused because this comes after the question regarding passports. I am not sure if this is a new question because we have never come across this before.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 01:41:32 PM »
Hi there, we are pretty confused because this comes after the question regarding passports. I am not sure if this is a new question because we have never come across this before.

I'd say no then. A state ID is not a national identity card and they've already said they don't want drivers licenses.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »
I'd say no then. A state ID is not a national identity card and they've already said they don't want drivers licenses.
Thank you so much  :) Can't wait till this is all done  ;D

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »
Hi all, just FYI, according to Wikipedia there is no such thing as a US National Identity Card. So I can't see how any US citizen could answer "yes" to the question regarding these cards.

One other thing we wanted to check in regard to photos as evidence of relationship- do these need a description on the back? They never returned the photos from our Fiance Visa and we can't remember if we noted anything on the back or not.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »
Hi all, just FYI, according to Wikipedia there is no such thing as a US National Identity Card. So I can't see how any US citizen could answer "yes" to the question regarding these cards.

One other thing we wanted to check in regard to photos as evidence of relationship- do these need a description on the back? They never returned the photos from our Fiance Visa and we can't remember if we noted anything on the back or not.

You don't need relationship photos for FLR. Just your items of mail.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
Ok, thanks for the answer. Sorry for yet another question  :-X and sorry if this is obvious but I wanted to be sure. For "Time lived in UK", is this the total time my wife has lived in UK, including all her trips, or is this since she traveled over after getting a Fiance Visa?  :)

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
Ok, thanks for the answer. Sorry for yet another question  :-X and sorry if this is obvious but I wanted to be sure. For "Time lived in UK", is this the total time my wife has lived in UK, including all her trips, or is this since she traveled over after getting a Fiance Visa?  :)

Since she arrived on her fiance visa... because that is the amount of time she has legally lived in the UK for.

When she was here on her trips, she was not 'living' in the UK, because that would have been illegal... she was just visiting the UK.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »
Since she arrived on her fiance visa... because that is the amount of time she has legally lived in the UK for.

When she was here on her trips, she was not 'living' in the UK, because that would have been illegal... she was just visiting the UK.

Understood- thank you so much! :)

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »
Hi guys, we started the form today but need to get some info for some of the questions like about family and friends in the USA. Not sure of my wife's uncle's middle name, etc. I take it, so long as we don't breach the 28 day rule with our supporting paperwork, we can come back to this tomorrow or the day after without issue?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab