Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 13532 times)

• Liked: 6116
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I feel much better. Does anyone have any ideas in regard to this:
Your family or friends
What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
Please provide details of these family and friends, for example, their names, relationship to you and where they live.

I can't work out how much detail they want, do they want just the major family members and close friends? Not sure if they want addresses, or even just the State. There is a family member who my wife's family never speak to even though he is very closely related, however we're not even sure if he lives in the US any more, I suppose this can just be explained, we have 1000 characters to answer in.

I would just start with the close family and move out from there. I would include the one that you don't speak to as he is a close relation.
I'd probably just go as far as the City/State. I wouldn't list addresses.

It's really not relevant!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »
I would just start with the close family and move out from there. I would include the one that you don't speak to as he is a close relation.
I'd probably just go as far as the City/State. I wouldn't list addresses.

It's really not relevant!

Good idea, thanks  :)

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »
Can I just check something in relation to the 28 day rule- if my oldest piece of timed evidence is from 31 December 2018, then the application must be submitted and paid for by the 26th, or 27th of January 2019? I didn't mean to cut it so close but I didn't expect this online form to be so tricky  ::) :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:50:55 PM by Thomas1990 »

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 08:04:56 AM »
Can I just check something in relation to the 28 day rule- if my oldest piece of timed evidence is from 31 December 2018, then the application must be submitted and paid for by the 26th, or 27th of January 2019? I didn't mean to cut it so close but I didn't expect this online form to be so tricky  ::) :)

I count the 27th as being the 28th day. But honestly it's not a good idea to rush the application. Do you have enough time left to wait until January's  financials come in?

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
I count the 27th as being the 28th day. But honestly it's not a good idea to rush the application. Do you have enough time left to wait until January's  financials come in?
Thanks, and I think you are right. There's still over 2 months left before our fiance visa expires, so we can take our time, within reason :) I take it it does not matter if we began the online form on 23/01/2019, the latest piece of evidence is from say 05/02/2019 and then the form is completed and visa is paid for and submitted on 06/02/2019?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:49:06 AM by Thomas1990 »

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »
Thanks, and I think you are right. There's still over 2 months left before our fiance visa expires, so we can take our time, within reason :) I take it it does not matter if we began the online form on 23/01/2019, the latest piece of evidence is from say 05/02/2019 and then the form is completed and visa is paid for and submitted on 06/02/2019?

That's fine! And the sensible thing to do. Remember to get an updated employers letter also.

The date that matters is the date you submit and pay for the application online.

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 11:01:47 AM »
That's fine! And the sensible thing to do. Remember to get an updated employers letter also.

The date that matters is the date you submit and pay for the application online.
Ok thank you, it will be much nicer to take a bit more time and not have a mad rush this weekend. And it isn't worth rushing if a mistake is made.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 11:06:06 AM »
Ok thank you, it will be much nicer to take a bit more time and not have a mad rush this weekend. And it isn't worth rushing if a mistake is made.

Quite! There is far too much at stake!  :)

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
Hi all, I am pretty sure I am OK with these questions but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. 
When did you last travel to the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
We just mentioned the last time my wife traveled back to the USA from the most recent time she left the country for a holiday abroad before coming here.
What is your current National Insurance number?
My wife has never asked for one, I take it she does not have one, my understanding is that when we get FLR(M) (for the first time) she can get one at the local JobCentre?

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2019, 01:18:13 PM »
When did you last travel to the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
We just mentioned the last time my wife traveled back to the USA from the most recent time she left the country for a holiday abroad before coming here.

Yeah, just put the dates of her last visit to the US.

What is your current National Insurance number?
My wife has never asked for one, I take it she does not have one, my understanding is that when we get FLR(M) (for the first time) she can get one at the local JobCentre?

She won't have one, because she has not applied for one, and as she is currently on a fiance visa and is not allowed to work, she won't be able to apply for one until after she has her FLR(M) anyway.

So, depending on what the form allows you to put, you would either put N/A or 'Don't have one', or if it only allows you to enter the number, then just leave it blank if it will let you.

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »
Yeah, just put the dates of her last visit to the US.

She won't have one, because she has not applied for one, and as she is currently on a fiance visa and is not allowed to work, she won't be able to apply for one until after she has her FLR(M) anyway.

So, depending on what the form allows you to put, you would either put N/A or 'Don't have one', or if it only allows you to enter the number, then just leave it blank if it will let you.
Thank you for the help. You can select the option that she has no National Insurance Number so we will put that :)

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »
I have a follow up question regarding family in the US, sorry if this is similar to a previous question but I wanted to check in case we can avoid awkward questions with my in-laws. Unfortunately there was a falling out in my wife's family (she didn't have anything to do with it, this was many years ago), and she has had no contact with her Grandmother for many years, it is a very sad situation. Is it worth mentioning her grandmother on the question about friends and family in the US, or is she distant enough she could be left off? If it would be better to include her, we understand.

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2019, 04:37:45 PM »
I have a follow up question regarding family in the US, sorry if this is similar to a previous question but I wanted to check in case we can avoid awkward questions with my in-laws. Unfortunately there was a falling out in my wife's family (she didn't have anything to do with it, this was many years ago), and she has had no contact with her Grandmother for many years, it is a very sad situation. Is it worth mentioning her grandmother on the question about friends and family in the US, or is she distant enough she could be left off? If it would be better to include her, we understand.

Basically the reason they ask about family and friends in the US, is to see whether, if the visa was refused, she would have somewhere to go and/or something to go back to in the US.

If there is no contact with her grandmother, then I guess it's up to her whether or not she includes her in the application.

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »

I would probably mention grandmother just for completeness. I'd also be inclined to add that they are estranged.

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2019, 05:43:09 PM »
Thanks for the input guys :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab