Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 10644 times)

• Liked: 7
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
No, the name on the online form MUST match the name on her passport EXACTLY... and her visa can ONLY be issued in the exact name on her passport.

If she thinks she will want to change the name in her passport in the next year or so, she should do it BEFORE she applies for this visa, because it’s a big hassle to change it after the FLR(M) has been granted.

This is because her passport name and the name on her visa must match at all times. If she changes her name on her passport she MUST also change it on her visa within 3 months, or she can be fined £1000 and potentially have her visa curtailed. However, to change her name on the visa, it costs £150-200 and can take up to 6 months to be processed, and she would be without her passport and visa for all of that time.

So, she should either change her name on her passport now, and apply for the visa in the new name, or wait until just before she applies for her next FLR(M) in 2.5 years or ILR in 5 years and change it then, so that then next visa will be issued in the new name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, this is really helpful! She isn't super fussed about a surname change so this can go on the back burner until the next FLR(M) or ILR. I am glad we checked this, again, appreciate the advice :) Surname aside, I take it using "Mrs" on the online form isn't an issue (it was "Miss" before when we did fiance visa), we are thinking using "Mrs" on the online form this time is OK because there isn't even a title like "Miss" etc on her passport?

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 08:38:48 PM »
Thanks so much, this is really helpful! She isn't super fussed about a surname change so this can go on the back burner until the next FLR(M) or ILR. I am glad we checked this, again, appreciate the advice :) Surname aside, I take it using "Mrs" on the online form isn't an issue (it was "Miss" before when we did fiance visa), we are thinking using "Mrs" on the online form this time is OK because there isn't even a title like "Miss" etc on her passport?

Remember, she doesn't ever have to change her name if she doesn't want to.  :)

Ms is probably better than Mrs.

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 08:43:18 PM »
Remember, she doesn't ever have to change her name if she doesn't want to.  :)

Ms is probably better than Mrs.

True, to be honest her surname is nicer than mine anyway, haha  :D

Ok, she did use "Mrs" when she registered with the NHS, so we were just thinking of keeping it consistent with that.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
Hi Lovely People,

Wondering if anyone knows if I've messed it all up.

Husband and I are just anxiously awaiting an email or letter about my FLR(M) application.

I went to the in-person appointment and submitted the application on 20th December 2018.

I received an email on the 28th December 2018 that I needed to submit the IHS surcharge. For some reason I missed the part where you had to pay again with renewal.

I paid on the same day as receiving the email and the email stated we didn't need to send them confirmation of payment. So my understanding is now they have everything they need and I just have to wait. It's been 8 weeks today since sending in the application and I haven't heard anything.

I'm trying to stay calm and hope for the best. Any thoughts?

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
Hi Lovely People,

Wondering if anyone knows if I've messed it all up.

Husband and I are just anxiously awaiting an email or letter about my FLR(M) application.

I went to the in-person appointment and submitted the application on 20th December 2018.

I received an email on the 28th December 2018 that I needed to submit the IHS surcharge. For some reason I missed the part where you had to pay again with renewal.

I paid on the same day as receiving the email and the email stated we didn't need to send them confirmation of payment. So my understanding is now they have everything they need and I just have to wait. It's been 8 weeks today since sending in the application and I haven't heard anything.

I'm trying to stay calm and hope for the best. Any thoughts?

You were supposed to get a decision within 24 hours and you've been waiting 8weeks?

Call them!

.UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/inside-the-uk/visas-work-study-and-extensions

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Can I just ask a question that has been on my mind and bugging me. It shouldn't be long at all before we submit the FLR(M) but say for example it takes 8 weeks for a visa decision and that takes us past the expiry date of the Fiance Visa, is this OK? I take it it wouldn't be classed as an overstay so long as the FLR(M) was applied and paid for before the expiry date of the Fiance Visa (even worst case scenario and everything takes longer than expected, we should still have over a month left on my wife's visa by the time we apply)?

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:58 PM »
Can I just ask a question that has been on my mind and bugging me. It shouldn't be long at all before we submit the FLR(M) but say for example it takes 8 weeks for a visa decision and that takes us past the expiry date of the Fiance Visa, is this OK? I take it it wouldn't be classed as an overstay so long as the FLR(M) was applied and paid for before the expiry date of the Fiance Visa (even worst case scenario and everything takes longer than expected, we should still have over a month left on my wife's visa by the time we apply)?

Nope. It’s fine :).

As long as the FLR(M) application has been submitted before her fiancé visa expires, her immigration status will simply be extended under Section 3C leave while it is processing.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/3c-and-3d-leave

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2019, 07:41:40 PM »
Nope. It’s fine :).

As long as the FLR(M) application has been submitted before her fiancé visa expires, her immigration status will simply be extended under Section 3C leave while it is processing.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/3c-and-3d-leave

Thank you so much, we had read up on this before but I was beginning to doubt and "what if" myself  :D The link seems really helpful, we're reading that now  :)

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 09:51:54 AM »
You were supposed to get a decision within 24 hours and you've been waiting 8weeks?

Call them!

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/inside-the-uk/visas-work-study-and-extensions

Just curious, what makes you think I would hear within 24 hours?

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:09 AM »

Back when you applied, if you attended for the equivalent of the old in-person appointment, they didn't give you a result on the day but they promised that you would hear within 24 hours. The 24 hour thing ended up not happening so people were waiting days for their results (and were being given refunds) but no-one had to wait 8 weeks.
8 weeks is pretty much the maximum time you would expect to wait if you had done a postal application.

• Liked: 3598
FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »

What exactly was the in-person appointment you attended?

Normally you either apply by post for a decision within 8 weeks (no in-person appointment, you just go to a Post Office to give biometrics), or you pay £610 extra for a Premium in-person appointment where you give biometrics and submit your documents at the appointment, and you are supposed to get a decision within 24 hours (though it has been taking 1-2 weeks lately)

I’m not sure if there are different types of in-person appointments offered with the new application though, where you don’t get a fast decision?

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 01:01:17 PM »
Thanks guys,

I attended a new style appointment for biometrics and we submitted my application at the appointment. Any parts of the application not uploaded by myself were uploaded at the appointment.

"This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment and the application has been submitted.
What you need to do next

If you have not already done so, you must return to your application to book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

If you want to, you can also download a copy of your application form and document checklist.

Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.
Change your application

Your application details cannot be changed. If you need to change any of your information, you must submit a new application.

UK Visas and Immigration"

"Confirmation Email

Thank you for booking your appointment. Below is a copy of your VAT registered invoice. Your appointment confirmation is attached. Please note you must bring to your appointment:

the attached confirmation notice, containing the QR barcode for each group member – without it you cannot attend the appointment
    all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online

If you have booked a group appointment then all members of your group must attend. Please also note you should retain all your original supporting documents as they may be required by UK Visas and Immigration at a later date. You should arrive at your appointment in good time and bear in mind that space is limited and only those required at the appointment should attend.

If you have any questions related to this confirmation you can contact us on 0330-123-1199 or send us a message at www.ukvcas.com"

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:52 PM »
Thanks JunoRaiden.  :) How much did you pay in total?

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 02:01:11 PM »
Thanks JunoRaiden.  :) How much did you pay in total?

I paid £1,052.20 for the Application, £500 for IHS and £100 for the appointment.

I spoke to the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre a moment ago and they are estimating 6-8 weeks to hear back. With the bank holidays, the man I spoke to said I am within the 8 week window and to ring back Tuesday if I don't hear before then.

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »
I paid £1,052.20 for the Application, £500 for IHS and £100 for the appointment.

OK, so not a super priority "in-person" appointment then. That explains the wait.  :)

Sponsored Links