Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 10628 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:33 AM »
I think I just confused you all. I don't have the best grasp on all of this. I had a dream last night my application was denied and I had to tell work I was being forced to leave!

I will update when I hear back.

Thank you all for helping me understand.

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
I think I just confused you all. I don't have the best grasp on all of this. I had a dream last night my application was denied and I had to tell work I was being forced to leave!

It's not you, it's them! This new system is as clear as mud!

Fingers crossed not long now until you hear the good news.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 10:42:06 AM »

Try to stay calm and not panic! Though it's a different visa, I applied super priority for mine (the 24 hour one) and am closing in on the end of the 3rd working week without a real response (just them telling me they've not been able to make a decision yet). It seems like they are just running unnaturally slow. If you're still within your window, I definitely wouldn't panic! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 7
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2019, 01:49:04 PM »
Regarding the finance section of the online form, there is a box to tick and I am not sure what the right one is for me. My base salary is always above £18,600 per annum, (every month), so I will be Category A. However some months I earn more because I cover for my boss when she is away. Therefore, I am not sure if I should tick that I earn:
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount (since my base salary is always above the financial requirement)
Or
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount (since I technically do earn more some months, although as said before, my base income remains the same).

Also,  it asks What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)? On all my wage slips, it actually says my full time annual salary on each slip, should I use this amount? (It does not include any overtime, or bonus, or extra pay for covering my boss that I may get, also if you take my monthly gross and x it by 12, it is a few pennies out from the full time annual salary on my wage slips because my full time annual salary does not divide perfectly into 12, but I do get that per year, just get a few pennies more on one month a year).

PS, good luck to both above with your applications!  :)

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
Regarding the finance section of the online form, there is a box to tick and I am not sure what the right one is for me. My base salary is always above £18,600 per annum, (every month), so I will be Category A. However some months I earn more because I cover for my boss when she is away. Therefore, I am not sure if I should tick that I earn:
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount (since my base salary is always above the financial requirement)
Or
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount (since I technically do earn more some months, although as said before, my base income remains the same).

I assume they are trying to determine if you are salaried (fixed annual salary) or non-salaried (paid by the hour).

If you are salaried, they will only consider your lowest payslip from the 6 months and multiply it by 12, which will presumably be your base salary... so I would go with the first one - same amount continuously.

If you were non-salaried, your income would be calculated differently (annual average of all your payslips).

Also,  it asks What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)? On all my wage slips, it actually says my full time annual salary on each slip, should I use this amount? (It does not include any overtime, or bonus, or extra pay for covering my boss that I may get, also if you take my monthly gross and x it by 12, it is a few pennies out from the full time annual salary on my wage slips because my full time annual salary does not divide perfectly into 12, but I do get that per year, just get a few pennies more on one month a year).

For this question you put your official annual base salary as listed on your payslip and in your employer letter, as it will be checked against the amount given in the letter and on your payslips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »
Thanks for the help, as always we very much appreciate it!  :)

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2019, 04:06:44 PM »
Hi all, we are rather confused. Sorry for all the questions but as mentioned before we believed FLR(M) would more or less be the same as our last visa on the paper form, but unfortunately everything is a lot more vague with the online form. We are on the Home details section and these tick boxes are below and it says:

You only need to provide this evidence if:
•   you are exempt from meeting the income threshold
•   you are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax
I will provide:
[] Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
[] Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
[] Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

Since I am not exempt for meeting the income threshold, nor responsible for any of the housing costs, do we not need to provide any of this proof? We live with my parents, so were planning on supplying a letter from them, as well as a proof of property ownership. We still plan on submitting this evidence, do we need to tick the boxes, in this case? We were not planning on supplying any ID document of the property owners, is this OK?

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
Hi all, we are rather confused. Sorry for all the questions but as mentioned before we believed FLR(M) would more or less be the same as our last visa on the paper form, but unfortunately everything is a lot more vague with the online form. We are on the Home details section and these tick boxes are below and it says:

You only need to provide this evidence if:
•   you are exempt from meeting the income threshold
•   you are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax
I will provide:
[] Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
[] Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
[] Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

Since I am not exempt for meeting the income threshold, nor responsible for any of the housing costs, do we not need to provide any of this proof? We live with my parents, so were planning on supplying a letter from them, as well as a proof of property ownership. We still plan on submitting this evidence, do we need to tick the boxes, in this case? We were not planning on supplying any ID document of the property owners, is this OK?

You MUST supply proof of your accommodation - it’s one of the 3 main requirements of the visa, and the visa can be refused without it.

It’s just an extremely badly-written and vague online form!

You provide the same documentation as for the fiancé visa:
- letter from your parents
- their Land Registry document
Optional:
- their latest mortgage statement

The ID thing is new and I’m not sure if you need it, but there’s no harm in including a copy of their passport if you want.

I assume you should tick all the boxes which apply to what you are sending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
Thanks so much, I don't know how we would be able to finish this online form without this forum :) My Dad travels the world with his work so has done plenty of visas in his time and this is unlike anything he has ever seen.

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »
You MUST supply proof of your accommodation - it’s one of the 3 main requirements of the visa, and the visa can be refused without it.

It’s just an extremely badly-written and vague online form!

I hope they get their acts together and update it soon, it's incredibly misleading!

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »
Hi all, we are very close to being finished now :) We have basically answered all the questions. However, before we submit, there was a couple of things we wanted to check. There is a section that says:

Providing your documents
You will be able to provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals. How you provide your documents will depend on whether you choose to use our new service or the existing one. You will be able to choose which service you want before submitting your application.

Off the back of this, I take it with the new rules saying we can provide ID for my parents who own the property we live at, despite what the above paragraph says, we can still provide copies of their passports, as providing the real thing would be impossible.

Finally, there is a question in Finance with tick boxes:

Optionally, I will also provide the following documents as additional evidence: (Required)

[] A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon

[] A signed contract of employment

I wondered if I should tick for a signed  contract of employment, because I have a signed (by me) "Acceptance if Permanent Position",  I am not sure if it is actually a contract as such, as it is only a few paragraphs. It does say "by accepting this contract..." in it, but it isn't your classic long contract, if it helps, I can retract the personal info like company name and such and post it here. I also have a "Statement of terms", which is more like a full contract, although this is unsigned. Also the latter mentioned document it is dated 17 July 2018 when I requested it last time, not sure if I should ask for a new copy but I don't believe this one is bound by the 28 day rule.

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
Hi all, we are very close to being finished now :) We have basically answered all the questions. However, before we submit, there was a couple of things we wanted to check. There is a section that says:

Providing your documents
You will be able to provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals. How you provide your documents will depend on whether you choose to use our new service or the existing one. You will be able to choose which service you want before submitting your application.

Off the back of this, I take it with the new rules saying we can provide ID for my parents who own the property we live at, despite what the above paragraph says, we can still provide copies of their passports, as providing the real thing would be impossible.

Finally, there is a question in Finance with tick boxes:

Optionally, I will also provide the following documents as additional evidence: (Required)

[] A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon

[] A signed contract of employment

I wondered if I should tick for a signed  contract of employment, because I have a signed (by me) "Acceptance if Permanent Position",  I am not sure if it is actually a contract as such, as it is only a few paragraphs. It does say "by accepting this contract..." in it, but it isn't your classic long contract, if it helps, I can retract the personal info like company name and such and post it here. I also have a "Statement of terms", which is more like a full contract, although this is unsigned. Also the latter mentioned document it is dated 17 July 2018 when I requested it last time, not sure if I should ask for a new copy but I don't believe this one is bound by the 28 day rule.

Copies will be fine of your parents passports.
Neither the P60 nor the employment contract are mandatory so it shouldn't matter too much either way but I would check yes and send both the signed short form and the unsigned statement of terms, as you have them.

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Thanks Larrabee :) One last thing I wanted to check is with the biometrics, since we will use the existing service and use the post office to have these done, I take it we don't have to book this in advance with the post office, as you cannot book and just have to show up at a post office that does biometrics? Sorry I just want to check we're not making any mistakes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:28:46 PM by Thomas1990 »

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »
Thanks Larrabee :) One last thing I wanted to check is with the biometrics, since we will use the existing service and use the post office to have these done, I take it we don't have to book this in advance with the post office, as this is done as part of the application? Sorry I just want to check we're not making any mistakes.

No problem! There is no need for an appointment if you are using the Post Office. Just make sure that the one you go to has the service, not all do.
You will print the biometric letter as part of the application.

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
Again, thanks very much! Fingers crossed all goes well  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab