Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 10629 times)

• Liked: 6113
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2019, 07:31:48 PM »
Again, thanks very much! Fingers crossed all goes well  :)

Good luck! :)

• Liked: 9
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update you.

Applied for Further Leave to Remain on December 11th, biometrics were the 20th. I didn't fast track anything.

I called at exactly 8 weeks (working days only). The woman on the phone was really nice and took my details. Within two hours I had the following email.

"Dear JunoRaiden  ;) ,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

(I removed the link)

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

Please note, any emails received into this mailbox will be deleted and no action will be taken.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why they stated it "Our records show your application has not yet been completed." This just confuses if I didn't send it complete it or if they haven't finished reviewing it yet. I did get the confirmation when I submitted it but still confusing.  ???

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
I don't understand why they stated it "Our records show your application has not yet been completed." This just confuses if I didn't send it complete it or if they haven't finished reviewing it yet. I did get the confirmation when I submitted it but still confusing.  ???

It's just their usual use of ambiguous language. As long as you submitted the online application, paid for it and the IHS, provided your biometric information and uploaded (or mailed) your supporting documents, then you have done your part.

Hopefully this will nudge them along. And please try not to worry, our FLR took 15 weeks!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2019, 03:51:02 PM »
It's just their usual use of ambiguous language. As long as you submitted the online application, paid for it and the IHS, provided your biometric information and uploaded (or mailed) your supporting documents, then you have done your part.

Hopefully this will nudge them along. And please try not to worry, our FLR took 15 weeks!

I second all of this.

8 weeks is their processing standards time, but it’s not unusual for it to take a bit longer.

Over the years I’ve been on this forum, I’ve seen FLR(M) applications take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to 10-13 months (the latter was during a massive backlog in 2012).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 7
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »
Hi all, we are at the final stages but a little stuck with the declaration forms- if this delay means we have to submit and pay Friday night, does anyone know if biometrics can be done Saturday morning at the post office? We are kind of confused as to if they have to be done the next day, or if it can be a day or two later. I would prefer to ask some questions here about the declarations later tonight or tomorrow than just guess and hope. We have been double checking the visa all evening and to be honest if we are getting tired I kind of want to call it quits in case we make a mistake, so wondered if applying on Friday would work with biometrics?

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
We are kind of confused as to if they have to be done the next day, or if it can be a day or two later.

I believe you have 15 working days from online application submission in which to submit your biometrics... it should tell you how long you have on your biometrics letter.

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2019, 09:54:41 PM »
I believe you have 15 working days from online application submission in which to submit your biometrics... it should tell you how long you have on your biometrics letter.

We haven't got that far yet as the application hasn't been submitted, we are stuck on the consent form part, but will do some research and if needed ask the questions here. It is very unclear what needs to be signed and by who. Thanks for your answer though! :)

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »
We haven't got that far yet as the application hasn't been submitted, we are stuck on the consent form part, but will do some research and if needed ask the questions here. It is very unclear what needs to be signed and by who. Thanks for your answer though! :)

If I remember correctly, the declarations you sign should be as follows:

- applicant signs one confirming the application/document/passport details

- sponsor signs one confirming the application/document/passport details

- if you are both named on any of the utility/bank accounts you are using (I.e. they are joint accounts), you sign the one about consent for them to access your information.

I think that’s it.

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2019, 10:17:26 PM »
If I remember correctly, the declarations you sign should be as follows:

- applicant signs one confirming the application/document/passport details

- sponsor signs one confirming the application/document/passport details

- if you are both named on any of the utility/bank accounts you are using (I.e. they are joint accounts), you sign the one about consent for them to access your information.

I think that’s it.

Thank you, I was thinking that may be the case. We are looking at it fresh now and it seems to make more sense.

Part 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
I assume this has to be signed by my wife, the applicant (it even says so), which she has done .
Part 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration

We have no joint accounts, it is my bank account (not joint) and no other joint accounts so I don't think I sign this
Part 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or person should sign the following declaration

We assume this would not be for me to sign and is if someone else (not me) was supporting the application?

Then there is a declaration for spouses, etc, and I will sign this.

Maybe a silly question, but should we include the unsigned forms with our other papers, or leave them out?

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2019, 12:49:14 AM »
Thank you, I was thinking that may be the case. We are looking at it fresh now and it seems to make more sense.

Part 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
I assume this has to be signed by my wife, the applicant (it even says so), which she has done .
Part 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration

We have no joint accounts, it is my bank account (not joint) and no other joint accounts so I don't think I sign this
Part 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or person should sign the following declaration

We assume this would not be for me to sign and is if someone else (not me) was supporting the application?

Correct - your wife signs the first one, and you do not sign the other two, but you do sign the sponsor declaration.

Maybe a silly question, but should we include the unsigned forms with our other papers, or leave them out?

With the old paper form I think you left them in, as they were part of the whole form, but I’m not sure about the online form.

Maybe just keep them in to be safe?

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2019, 09:28:46 AM »
Thank you Ksand24 :) We'll include the unsigned forms just to be safe

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »
Hi all, we're going to try to submit and pay today after some drama with our printer.

For this question, we have said no, we believe it relates to a third party (not me, the sponsor and UK husband)?
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Also sorry but we just wanted to check, and sorry if it is an obvious question but when they talk about supporting the application, it is in relation to financial support? For example, we live with my parents who provide us with a home, but assume this question doesn't relate to that, and they don't sign the third party form?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:21:11 PM by Thomas1990 »

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2019, 01:44:53 PM »
For this question, we have said no, we believe it relates to a third party (not me, the sponsor and UK husband)?
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

That’s correct.

Because:
a) you aren’t allowed to use third party financial support anyway, so it will always be a no for this one.
And also,
b) you cannot have anyone else named on your bank statements except you and your partner (a third person on utility bills would be okay, but as you can’t use third party support, this isn’t relevant)

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2019, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks Ksand24 :) We have submitted and paid, but looking at the online form we have noticed a problem. Under "Immigration details", there is a question "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?" and I see we have checked "no". We are quite worried because I am sure we checked "Yes" because of course my wife has lived in the USA. Would it be OK if we put a cover note on the printed application form and address this in my wife's covering letter? I don't know how this happened, we checked and double checked everything  :(

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »
It’s not a big deal. Just correct it in pen on the printed form.

Though, I’ve actually never heard of that question being asked on the online form before and it’s not on the paper form (for North Korea) either, so I’m not even sure of the context. It also doesn’t make sense as a question, because in order to apply for the visa in the first place you must be living in a country outside the U.K... therefore the answer will always have to be Yes for every applicant.

Sponsored Links