Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Alabamian moving to Cambridge  (Read 2346 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Alabamian moving to Cambridge
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
I really do appreciate all of the advice here, and if circumstances were different, we might indeed get married here and skip this additional step.  But the way things are right now, I still think the fiancĂ©e visa route will be the right choice for us.  Hopefully this decision won't come back to haunt us, but we shall see!

Well, you can't say we didn't try!  ;)

But obviously you must do what's best for the two of you!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
Definitely do what's best for you - but do remember that with the fiance visa, the marriage must take place in the UK!  So don't be enticed by packages in Italy or Greece.   ;D

And please book NOTHING until your visa is in hand!   :)  Sounds like you already know that, but it is so important.  We average 3/4 members every year who miss their weddings!   :-\\\\

• Liked: 24
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »
Definitely do what's best for you - but do remember that with the fiance visa, the marriage must take place in the UK!  So don't be enticed by packages in Italy or Greece.   ;D

And please book NOTHING until your visa is in hand!   :)  Sounds like you already know that, but it is so important.  We average 3/4 members every year who miss their weddings!   :-\\\\

Yeah I was a little bit disappointed that a beachy southern European wedding would be off the table, but I am definitely coming around to all of the different options available in the UK.  At the moment we're leaning toward having a Scottish wedding, possibly at a castle!  But yes, we will most definitely not be booking anything until I am over there and we are sure that we won't be at risk of losing any money.  So it works out well that we're quite flexible with wedding options since beggars can't be choosers!  :)
Fiancee application approved: 10 Jun 2019
Arrived in UK:  2 Jul 2019
FLR#1 application submitted:  11 Sep 2019
Biometrics:  17 Sep 2019

• Liked: 957
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
Yeah I was a little bit disappointed that a beachy southern European wedding would be off the table, but I am definitely coming around to all of the different options available in the UK.  At the moment we're leaning toward having a Scottish wedding, possibly at a castle!  But yes, we will most definitely not be booking anything until I am over there and we are sure that we won't be at risk of losing any money.  So it works out well that we're quite flexible with wedding options since beggars can't be choosers!  :)
If you don't get married at the castle, I can truly recommend The Prestonfield House for hotel rooms and everything else in Edinburgh. They made our little wedding so special! (15 people total)

If you can afford the visas and not working while on the first visa then it definitely makes sense to move sooner than later :) good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 24
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »
Thank you, that place looks beautiful!  Will add it to the list of possible options  ;)
Fiancee application approved: 10 Jun 2019
Arrived in UK:  2 Jul 2019
FLR#1 application submitted:  11 Sep 2019
Biometrics:  17 Sep 2019

• Liked: 533
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Yeah I was a little bit disappointed that a beachy southern European wedding would be off the table

Good lord I watched Mamma Mia three times over Christmas. It does look nice!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab