Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The problem with going to sleep late is that  (Read 748 times)

• Liked: 674
The problem with going to sleep late is that
« on: January 25, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
every night bbc 4 plays "Sailing Away" and then does the extensive shipping marine weather forecast. Then they play the national anthem.

Now, coming from the States, at the opening notes I first think "My Country Tis of Thee" because I had to sing it after our own national anthem in the first grade. That's the only year, so why it pops up is beyond me, but it does.  And then there were all those years that the Daughter watched Nickelodeon tv. And Ren and Stimpy. Who sang a different version. Which pops into my mind immediately after I get "My Country Tis of Thee" out of it. And then stays with me for days. (sigh)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x79zxf

Yaks.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: The problem with going to sleep late is that
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 10:19:08 AM »
HAHAHAH, I totally forgot about that Ren and Stimpy version. That's made my morning!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
the extensive shipping marine weather forecast.

There is a guide somewhere. I finally got some maps out and enjoyed finding out where the "norther bite" is. It is almost as ASMR triggering as a Bob Ross show.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
HAHAHAH, I totally forgot about that Ren and Stimpy version. That's made my morning!

Canadian Kilted Yaksmen! hahahah

There is a guide somewhere. I finally got some maps out and enjoyed finding out where the "norther bite" is. It is almost as ASMR triggering as a Bob Ross show.

Bob Ross puts me too bed mooooost nights (it's between either Bob Ross on a weekend when I sleep with TV on or Sleep with me Podcast on a weekday). The problem with Bob Ross is that he makes me want to stay up to see final painting!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
Sleep with me Podcast

I have to look into this!!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 12:09:39 PM »
I have to look into this!!

VICE just did a documentary that featured the podcast's host (Andrew Ackerman - aka Dearest Scooter aka Scoots). Scoots is like the podcast's answer to Bob Ross when it comes to be soothing. He just talks soo much randomness and crap that mean nothing but in the most soothing way so you just go to sleep and you aren't worried about missing something if you fall asleep because there's nothing to miss! LOL  I very rarely make it through an episode the whole way but when if I wake up at random points, he can be so random that I just start laughing and thinking WTF?!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 674
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »
David Attenborough. So help me, I love the man and what he does for a living.
But he puts me to sleep in like ten minutes flat. It's his soothing voice.
So yes, I'm sleeping many nights with Sir David.  ;D

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 06:34:39 PM »

The shipping forecast is one of the best things about living here.  I've got a book where the author went to each section of the forecast and paints a picture of what he saw. Along with a detailed description of what is happening there. 

Sponsored Links