Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Booze help  (Read 3088 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
Re: Booze help
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »
And people, Phatbeetle is our beer master(ess).  I am the gin girl.   ;D

I am going on a gin distilling course in March, so watch out.....  :D  ;)

Me! For gin, I like Shetland Reel, The Botanist, Caorunn, Isle of Harris Gin, El:Gin, Rock Rose, or Indian Summer Gin. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 770
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »

Me! For gin, I like Shetland Reel, The Botanist, Caorunn, Isle of Harris Gin, El:Gin, Rock Rose, or Indian Summer Gin.
I knew it!

Plus being well travelled in Scotland, I knew you would know. 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »

I AM NOT JEALOUS, I AM NOT JEALOUS, I AM NOT JEALOUS.

Okay, I'm jealous.  Sounds awesome!  Hopefully I can try some of your home crafts after your course.  ;D

• Liked: 680
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »
Thanks, all. A list has been compiled and passed along.  Yes, it was to be something they couldn't get in the States that was really good.

Off to shop, once it warms up a bit more.  ;D

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »

Off to shop, once it warms up a bit more.  ;D

Don't leave it too long, it's going to start getting colder again soon!  ;D

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 01:03:14 PM »
Yeah, I saw that. The Daughter is going to go do the errand later as she has to go out for a meeting anywy. I've got a pot of American coffee perking on the stove and am looking forward to a cup and staying inside for the rest of the day.

It's in the upper 60Fs, low 70Fs in SoCal this week, and probably will be for the next couple of weeks as well. It's going to be like getting off the plane into summertime when we get there! And then we'll come back and walk into the deep-freezer. (Thank goodness for Glasgow Taxis!)

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
El:Gin, .

Haha!   ;D Just noticed that!   I see what they did there!  ;D

• Liked: 424
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 06:51:05 PM »

You know that you live close to me......I could be your taste tester/quality control!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »
I AM NOT JEALOUS, I AM NOT JEALOUS, I AM NOT JEALOUS.

Okay, I'm jealous.  Sounds awesome!  Hopefully I can try some of your home crafts after your course.  ;D

You’ve summed up by feelings exactly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
She went with the Edinburgh Gin Vanilla & Plum. :)  Valhalla's Goat (the shop) wrapped it up all fancy for her, with pretty paper and a ribbon, since it is to be a gift. It is now wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap in a ziplock bag in a box in a suitcase. Short of the airplane literally running over the suitcase, it should make it ok.  8)

I went with her after all. Would have liked to have looked around in that shop more, as they had a lot of interesting-looking stuff, but they had two lovely little zebra finches in a cage in there. I love those little birds, and used to have several as pets. Unfortunately I am literally deathly allergic to finch dander now, so it was one of those "whoops, gotta step outside" moments while the Daughter shopped.

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
She went with the Edinburgh Gin Vanilla & Plum. :)  Valhalla's Goat (the shop) wrapped it up all fancy for her, with pretty paper and a ribbon, since it is to be a gift. It is now wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap in a ziplock bag in a box in a suitcase. Short of the airplane literally running over the suitcase, it should make it ok.  8)

I went with her after all. Would have liked to have looked around in that shop more, as they had a lot of interesting-looking stuff, but they had two lovely little zebra finches in a cage in there. I love those little birds, and used to have several as pets. Unfortunately I am literally deathly allergic to finch dander now, so it was one of those "whoops, gotta step outside" moments while the Daughter shopped.

KFDancer, you won!  ;D

Nan, fingers crossed they don't make you undo the pretty wrapping at customs!  :)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »
Ooh, I love Valhalla's Goat!

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
Ooh, I love Valhalla's Goat!

It's a fabulous name, anyway!  :)

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 07:43:06 PM »
KFDancer, you won!  ;D

Nan, fingers crossed they don't make you undo the pretty wrapping at customs!  :)

Yeah, it's wrapped such that the ribbon can be loosened and it slipped out of the wrapping, then back again and re-tied. They apparently pack a lot of them for air travel. ;D

US customs will be in Dublin airport. There are several boxes of cookies, packages of candy, the bottle of booze, and a change of clothing in her suitcase. My suitcase has much the same, minus the booze. I wonder what it'll look like on the scanner? We made it easy for them to open up the bag and see what's in there, but....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:45:56 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 07:46:34 PM »

The recipient will not be disappointed!  And I feel confident they wouldn’t be able to (easily) buy it in the US.

Sponsored Links