Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mortgage eligibility  (Read 2763 times)

• Liked: 18
Re: Mortgage eligibility
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 01:15:19 PM »
Hi there! Thanks for all the advice and input.

I moved here in July of 2018. My husband and I are both on good salaries, we have excellent credit, and etc to help us qualify. But as you mentioned, my visa would definitely be the cause of concern for mortgage lenders in my opinion. We have our first appointment with an advisor booked for this weekend, so it’ll be interesting to see how that goes. We’re prepared for a higher interest rate than the average home buyer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »
Good luck!  :)

• Liked: 18
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 01:41:34 PM »
Hi! Just had a chat with a bank advisor... one of the questions on the application we filled out (about the amount we’d be eligible to borrow from our bank) and one of the questions was “Do you have the Right of Abode?” I know this may be a stupid question, but do I (on a spouse visa) have the Right of Abode??? Stress!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 01:53:27 PM »
Hi! Just had a chat with a bank advisor... one of the questions on the application we filled out (about the amount we’d be eligible to borrow from our bank) and one of the questions was “Do you have the Right of Abode?” I know this may be a stupid question, but do I (on a spouse visa) have the Right of Abode??? Stress!

No, you do not.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 11:53:25 PM »
Question -

Right of Abode. Irish citizens have de facto Right of Abode, although one would have to have reclaimed Brit citizenship before 1949 (I believe) to have the actual, formal Right of Abode. Do the mortgage people look at that status differently for Irish persons?

Sponsored Links