Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometric Card  (Read 845 times)

• Liked: 8
Biometric Card
« on: February 03, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »
Hi All

Thinking we may fly to Tenerife in Feb for a quick break,  my wifes Biometric Card expires in March, do you know if there are restrictions on using it like there are passports.  ie some places you have to have 6 months left on your passport to be able to go to some countries etc....

• Liked: 4985
Re: Biometric Card
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
It just needs to be valid upon return. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »
Just as KF says, just needs to be valid when you return to the UK (as that's the only place you'll need to show it).

They might remind you it expires soon when you return but just let them know you're just about to send out the new application :)

For example, I went to Japan in october then the US in December until beginning of Jan with the plan to renew my visa upon return. My BRP expired first of Feb and when I went through immigration they just reminded me it was due to expire soon and I let them know that my application was ready to go out that week and everything was totally fine. Wouldn't worry about it (just make sure you give yourself enough time after your trip to apply for the next visa)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
Thanks all. Yes it expires March but hopefully later today wife gets news her application for new one has been approved as we did the biometric appointment last week under fast path.   They didn’t take her passport or exsusting card off her so I am presuming she can still travel with that whilst waiting delivery of new cars ( if application is successfully!!)

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
Thanks all. Yes it expires March but hopefully later today wife gets news her application for new one has been approved as we did the biometric appointment last week under fast path.   They didn’t take her passport or exsusting card off her so I am presuming she can still travel with that whilst waiting delivery of new cars ( if application is successfully!!)

That's actually a good question... I imagine if she has the new one approved and is just waiting delivery, it's fine..but I am curious whether you can travel if the decision hasn't been made yet. Only wondering because I know that they used to say that travelling back into the country while you have an application processing COULD potentially cancel the application, but that was when they'd actually physically take your documents. Wondering if it would be a problem now that they just have photocopies of your docs...hmm..
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 12:29:25 PM »
Yes that was my thought as one of the docs did say don’t travel whilst in application but it was based all around them having the originals.  So we have originals so you would hope it may be ok.  If you have not used the new system yet it’s very poorly put together and certainly doesn’t look like any one has done proper QA on how it hangs together and how it asks questions. Repeatedly the same ones! 

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »
Yes that was my thought as one of the docs did say don’t travel whilst in application but it was based all around them having the originals.  So we have originals so you would hope it may be ok.  If you have not used the new system yet it’s very poorly put together and certainly doesn’t look like any one has done proper QA on how it hangs together and how it asks questions. Repeatedly the same ones!

Oh I'm in the middle of the "new system" for ILR as we speak and to say that I'm angry and frustrated is an understatement! SO I totally get it. I don't have issues with the repeated questions, I have issues with paying £610 for "Super Priority" that I am STILL chasing down as we speak).

If you had a decision made, I couldn't see it being made into an issue but, if not, I'm not sure how it works so might be best to err on the side of caution (unless somebody else can advise?)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »
I think we will wait anyway given we payed like you for fast response so in theory with us next day or so

When you say still chasing down. You mean you have done your biometrics appointment but still no response or having issue before that stage?

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:24:18 PM »
I think we will wait anyway given we payed like you for fast response so in theory with us next day or so

When you say still chasing down. You mean you have done your biometrics appointment but still no response or having issue before that stage?

Don't hold your breathe.... You might get it the next day or you might be stuck waiting. Who knows!

Yes I paid super priority for my ILR and attended the appointment for biometrics and for them to officially send documents off to home office on Saturday the 26th of Jan. Was told by the advisor who submitted my docs that I *should* hear by Monday. Phoned them Friday to be told that it's not actually 24 hour decision but it's that they process the application in 24 hours and they give a decision up to 5 working days later (it doesn't say this anywhere on the website I could find). They told me to call back today if I haven't heard. I haven't received any emails or anything and an ECS check done by my work confirms they have my application and that it's being processed so they extended my right to work another 6 months while they decide my application (so they definitely received it all fine). They took my details today and told me "the home office will be in touch within 3 to 5 working days", so I guess we'll see... :)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
I thought 24 hours was being optimistic when we got that news.  At least you know though it’s beem extended!  So fingers crossed for you all goes smooth.  I guess we will phone up later in the week if no email over next day or so. 

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »
I thought 24 hours was being optimistic when we got that news.  At least you know though it’s beem extended!  So fingers crossed for you all goes smooth.  I guess we will phone up later in the week if no email over next day or so.

Some people have been processed within the 24 hour period and there's honestly no reason mine shouldn't have been (I'm not being biased because it's mine, I literally had all the boxed ticked and we quadrouple checked. Nothing I could even flag that was iffy beyond gaps with mail at an absolute push). just no way to tell but also no point in ringing them before 5 working days have gone as they won't even take your details before then unfortunately.
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links