Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheating on LIUK Test  (Read 3529 times)

• Liked: 4985
Cheating on LIUK Test
« on: February 04, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »

• Liked: 248
Re: Cheating on LIUK Test
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 05:50:48 PM »
I saw this, this morning.  Hilarious.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:04:17 AM »
Is it worth £1500 to cheat on that test? 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
If you don't speak English well, it may be.  But no, I'll do it for £100!   ;D

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »
If you don't speak English well, it may be. 

They have to pass an English test too.

But no, I'll do it for £100!   ;D

And risk your British citizenship being removed? Under the changes to the Immigration Act, you wouldn't revert back to ILR. It would cost you much more than that £100 to go through that visa process again from scratch.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:51:26 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
And risk your British citizenship being removed? Under the changes to the Immigration Act, you wouldn't revert back to ILR. It would cost you much more than that £100 to go through that visa process again from scratch.

You do know that she is joking, right?  :)

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »
There is always some scam being discovered and then come the howls of protests when these are caught, as they often see themselves as victims and think they should not be deported as they have spent years in the UK (on their lies)

Not so long ago it was all the various scams for those on the Tier 1 General visas, and these still appear on forums as they can no longer stay in the UK. Before that it was the press discovering the fraud on the English tests TOEIC and all the deportations there, with even now, some unable not bring themselves to the attention of UKVI any longer (need ILR, or a BRP for their ILR) and getting caught that way. Those taking the tests for those to be able to cheat, are also being refused by the Home Office as the tests were recorded and voice recognition software used to catch those who took tests for others.

There were all the bogus universities, where "students" were caught, even if they has since had a valid work visa; and all the changes that brought in for future students, where some can no longer work on a student visa or bring their dependants with them anymore.

Then there are those people who used deception to get their child a British passport and then tried to use that child to stay in the UK, but now find that UKVI check and advise the passport office to revoke that passport. Or it’s the passport office refusing to renew a British citizen passport of a child of an EU citizen as they now check if that parent had PR at the time of the child's birth as they had claimed. These now have to pay 1k to register their child as British citizen, even though they though they had got away with it and got that for free.

The UK is not the only popular country that has these problems with fraud; this was in the news this week.
"US fake university: India anger after students arrested"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-47106199

When the UK found a large bogus college a few years ago, instead of deporting the fake students, they gave those students a chance to find another college. Then sat back and watched which bogus college they went to next and closed them down too.

You won't stop the fraud happening, but those who have got away with their deception for years, are now finding they have not got away with it. Even British citizenship can removed if they used deception in any application, even if they didn't use that visa for their British citizenship application. A new law came in about 2002 to make it easier to remove British citizenship, and another in 2014 to compliment that previous law.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:53:09 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »

IS SHE?! NO WAY!  8)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
There were all the bogus universities, where "students" were caught, even if they has since had a valid work visa; and all the changes that brought in for future students, where some can no longer work on a student visa or bring their dependants with them anymore.

Hadn't heard of that before over here and that's very interesting. Any articles on this one you can share out of sheer curiosity?
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 05:44:59 PM »

;D More likely to be a criminal offence. There are always things in the papers for court case about people helping immigration scams.

However I was suprised to read the UK were using voice recognition software on that TOEIC (English test) scam the other year that Panorama exposed. They used VRS to find those who had taken the test under more than one name and those who didn't take the test under their own name.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10922091/45000-immigrants-cheated-English-tests.html

I wasn't joking about the change to the 1971 Immigration Act 1971 that was made on the 1980s (?) that prevents ILR being returned when their BC is renounced or revoked.

Citizenship is usally removed for, concealment of a material fact, fraud, false representation, but it is the public good part that is also being used too and that caught out the convicted grooming gangs.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45114152
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:47:46 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 05:59:36 PM »
Hadn't heard of that before over here and that's very interesting. Any articles on this one you can share out of sheer curiosity?

They are quite easy to find on a search engine-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8113558.stm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogus_colleges_in_the_United_Kingdom

And all the changes to the immigration rules that followed. No dependants and no work anymore for most students at colleges (that's different to UK universities) . Plus all the other immigration changes for all Tier 4 student visas that then came in;  the shutting down of  being able to keep doing the same course for years to reach ILR on long residence (10 years of lawful stay); some now have to leave the UK and apply from outside the UK for another student visa; they must show academic progression for another visa; limit to the number of years for a student visa unless they are progressing to a high level of education; the end of the 2 year PSW work visa for all students who can't find a work sponsor and now only for those who have gained a PhD (DES) and only for 1 year etc.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:04:00 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »
All the changes to the immigration rules that were bnrought in. No dependants and no work anymore for most students at colleges (thats; difderent to UK universities) . Plus all the other immigration changes for all Tier 4 student visas that then came in;  the shutting down of  being able to keep doing the same course for years to reach ILR on long residence (10 years of lawful stay); some now have to leave the UK and apply from outside the UK for another student visa; they must show academic progression for another visa; limit to the number of years for a student visa unless they are progressing to a high level of education; the end of the 2 year PSW work visa for all students who can't find a work sponsor (only for those who have gained a PhD now) etc.

But do you have a link RE the schools here you were talking about? Would be interested in reading articles you've seen on that as that's quite an interesting topic.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
But do you have a link RE the schools here you were talking about? Would be interested in reading articles you've seen on that as that's quite an interesting topic.

I just gave you the link to some of the bogus colleges. The wikipedia link I just gave you also had links to other articles on this.

It's quite easy to google to find their names and you might even find these named on the Home Office sites. Something like 800 were closed, so it won't be that difficult to find this.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:09:05 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
I just gave you the link to some of the bogus colleges. The wikipedia link I just gave you also had links to other articles on this.

It's quite easy to google to find their names and you might even find these named on the Home Office sites. Something like 800 were closed, so it won't be that difficult to find this.

This wasn’t in your original post so obviously is an edit of yours so please don’t pretend like I was asking for something right in front of me. Will look at it when I’m back from my dog walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
This wasn’t in your original post so obviously is an edit of yours so please don’t pretend like I was asking for something right in front of me. Will look at it when I’m back from my dog walk.

You quoted this

and then asked this.

I gave you links to a BBC article and the wikepedia article that had more links, but you asked again.

It only takes seconds to find these. Here is another -
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/government-orders-crackdown-on-fake-universities-offering-bogus-degrees-10305625.html

and fourms that came up in this same search-
https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tier-1-post-study-work-visas/cambridge-college-case-t90011.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tier-1-post-study-work-visas/ccl-test-case-determination-is-out-students-lost-t34438-1180.html

Sponsored Links