Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pet Travel Services  (Read 4102 times)

• Liked: 0
Pet Travel Services
« on: February 14, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
Has anyone used a service for transporting their cat? My husband was looking into IAG to handle my cats transportation. They apparently handle all the customs and clearance and its supposedly a better experience for them because its their job to handle pets. They quoted us $1200 which seems to be competitive with the other airlines but they get them to our final destination without needing us there. This just seems like the best way to go as far as pet care goes, especially since mine is prone to stress UTI's I need to take her feelings into account above all.

Also, I'm living in the US right now awaiting my visa for the United Kingdom, I live close to Canada however and use one of their International Airports to fly to save myself a connecting flight. I wanted to use this airport to fly both me and the cat to save us the layover.

Anyone familiar with going into another country on their way to the UK? Does it change the protocol for the paperwork? Can we do this? I feel like many people stop in France so we should be ok but for now the EU has their open boarders unlike Canada so I'm completely unsure.

Thanks in advance!!

• Liked: 957
Re: Pet Travel Services
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 03:35:35 PM »
Has anyone used a service for transporting their cat? My husband was looking into IAG to handle my cats transportation. They apparently handle all the customs and clearance and its supposedly a better experience for them because its their job to handle pets. They quoted us $1200 which seems to be competitive with the other airlines but they get them to our final destination without needing us there. This just seems like the best way to go as far as pet care goes, especially since mine is prone to stress UTI's I need to take her feelings into account above all.

Also, I'm living in the US right now awaiting my visa for the United Kingdom, I live close to Canada however and use one of their International Airports to fly to save myself a connecting flight. I wanted to use this airport to fly both me and the cat to save us the layover.

Anyone familiar with going into another country on their way to the UK? Does it change the protocol for the paperwork? Can we do this? I feel like many people stop in France so we should be ok but for now the EU has their open boarders unlike Canada so I'm completely unsure.

Thanks in advance!!
Would you be flying out of Toronto? I used sea air cargo for my kitty, managing all the vet paperwork myself and driving her to the airport where they took over. She hates long car rides and the trip to the airport was the worst part, but she was fine when we landed and adapted quickly. http://www.seaair.ca/pets.html

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
Would you be flying out of Toronto? I used sea air cargo for my kitty, managing all the vet paperwork myself and driving her to the airport where they took over. She hates long car rides and the trip to the airport was the worst part, but she was fine when we landed and adapted quickly. http://www.seaair.ca/pets.html [nofollow]

Yes it would be Toronto! Were you an American and drove to Toronto or were you already Canadian? Just worried about Canada needing different paperwork then the US and UK do.

Thanks for another option!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »

Yes it would be Toronto! Were you an American and drove to Toronto or were you already Canadian? Just worried about Canada needing different paperwork then the US and UK do.

Thanks for another option!
I'm American, was living in the US and drove to Toronto (Air transat was even affordable for a one way ticket!). The USDA paperwork is what they needed in Canada too. Sea Air checked my scanned docs following all the vet visits, and I also double checked with the receiving airport animal reception center to make sure nothing was missed.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab