Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR Part 2 - Preparations  (Read 903 times)

• Liked: 2
FLR Part 2 - Preparations
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:48:56 PM »
Hello again,

I hope you are all well.

We are starting to plan for the 2nd part of our FLR in the coming months and feeling quite nervous about something.  My husband had to have a minor operation last week (he was in and out the same day).  This was done through NHS as his doctor said he needed it done and referred him for the surgery.  Is this a problem, should we have went private?

Am I correct in believing the NHS charge will now be 1k as opposed to £500 as per our previous visa after we were married?  Just wanting to get all the figures correct in my head for the next visa bill :-)

I am sure we will be in touch soon with many more questions when we start preparing for our next application.  Thank you!

• Liked: 6111
Re: FLR Part 2 - Preparations
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
Hello again,

I hope you are all well.

We are starting to plan for the 2nd part of our FLR in the coming months and feeling quite nervous about something.  My husband had to have a minor operation last week (he was in and out the same day).  This was done through NHS as his doctor said he needed it done and referred him for the surgery.  Is this a problem, should we have went private?

Am I correct in believing the NHS charge will now be 1k as opposed to £500 as per our previous visa after we were married?  Just wanting to get all the figures correct in my head for the next visa bill :-)

I am sure we will be in touch soon with many more questions when we start preparing for our next application.  Thank you!

Hi Polly,

If he already has the first FLR then he's entitled to free use of the NHS so him having OP surgery is not a problem at all.

The IHS has doubled.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »
That is a relief. ;)

Thank you lovely lady for the prompt response.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
Hello,  I just wanted some clarification on when we need to apply for our next visa.  We currently have the spouse visa and believe the next one is FLR (m) .

Can you please help with reading previous strings.  I do believe he entered UK (Belfast Dec 27 2016)  We got married in America in November 2016.

His Residence permit is valid until 16-09-2019

thank you

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 12:37:17 PM »
Hello,  I just wanted some clarification on when we need to apply for our next visa.  We currently have the spouse visa and believe the next one is FLR (m) .

Can you please help with reading previous strings.  I do believe he entered UK (Belfast Dec 27 2016)  We got married in America in November 2016.

His Residence permit is valid until 16-09-2019

thank you

He can apply from as early as 28 days before he marks 30 months since he entered the UK (28 days before June 27, 2019, so from now) up until before his BRP expires.  So, any time between now and mid-September.  Don't put it off too long.. he must submit his application before the expiration of his current BRP.

You are correct, this next visa is FLR(M), which will be valid for 30 month.  After your husband has been in the UK on his current spouse and the FLR(M) visa for a total of at least 60 months, he will be eligible to apply for the final visa, ILR.  He can actually submit the application for ILR from 28 days before he has been in the UK 60 months, so from November 29, 2021, until the expiration of the FLR(M) he is about to apply for.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.  We have been gathering all of our paper work.  With this information I think we should submit our application early July using June payslip as the last one.

I understand we apply online and all documentation is scanned in as opposed to posting?  Although my husbands passport will need to be posted??? is this correct

We still have a print out of the first visa we did, we can use these as a guide to complete this Visa.  Thank you so very much

• Liked: 73
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
No, everything is now scanned and uploaded  before or at the Sopra Steria appointment. That includes passports so you to keep them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 01:42:04 PM »
OH Great!  We are going on holiday in July. so great my Husband gets to hold onto his passport, so we can proceed to submit our application early July without the fear of not having his passport.  I am not entirely sure what Sopra Steria appointment is but I am sure we will learn as we go along.

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful day.  Although I might be back with more questions when we start the application.

• Liked: 104
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 02:06:30 PM »
OH Great!  We are going on holiday in July. so great my Husband gets to hold onto his passport, so we can proceed to submit our application early July without the fear of not having his passport.  I am not entirely sure what Sopra Steria appointment is but I am sure we will learn as we go along.

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful day.  Although I might be back with more questions when we start the application.

I don't think it's a good idea for him to travel outside of the UK while he has a pending visa application. I believe he would have trouble re-entering, especially if he is allowed entry as a visitor when you return to the UK.

Hopefully one of the experts will pop by with more info/clarification on this though because I'm not positive.
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 02:13:35 PM »
ok thank you.

His current visa card doesn't expire until end September 2019 so I thought he was still able to travel on this.  We have up to Sept to renew our FLR (m) visa.  So wondering why he is unable to travel if his visa card is still valid and doesn't need to send away his passport as this can now be scanned .

Thanks

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 02:17:49 PM »
ok thank you.

His current visa card doesn't expire until end September 2019 so I thought he was still able to travel on this.  We have up to Sept to renew our FLR (m) visa.  So wondering why he is unable to travel if his visa card is still valid and doesn't need to send away his passport as this can now be scanned .

Thanks

Leaving the UK while you have an application processing may invalidate the application.

Also, his BRP card will be cancelled when the visa has been processed and you don’t want that to happen while he is out of the UK, because he may not be allowed back in again.

Alternatively, if the visa is valid until September and you have travel plans in July, why not just apply when you get back home from your trip? That way, travelling while it is processing wouldn’t be an issue anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
Thanks for clarifying, we will just apply early august using July as the last pay slip.

Thank you very much for your time

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
Good Morning

My husband and I have started to complete the form which we hope to submit early August.

The form is a nightmare and I am not sure if we are completing it correctly.  I am the UK resident and my husband is the American applying for our next Visa (extending out Spouse visa) we have no children together, however I have 3 to a previous marriage.  It is asking him al lot of questions about my children i have with my ex husband i.e his parental responsibility, details about my children's dad (my ex husband) and evidence of his home address i.e submitting a utility bill, details of all the family members for my child  in the UK i.e his entire family, details of all the counties my kid has visited or lived in?  I have 3 kids, are these normal questions for kids which are not my new husbands, they are from my first marriage.  Perhaps we have went wrong in the form somewhere?

Do you recall all of these questions when applying for extension on spouse visa and have children ?  I just want some reassurance these questions are all normal

thank you!

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »
Yes, those questions are normal.

You need to provide details of all children you have that are under 18 and living in the UK, and I believe you have to provide the following:
- their passports
- their birth certificates
- evidence of where they live, dated in the last 3 months (i.e. a letter from their GP or school confirming their address)

I believe the form also asks for information about the other parent as well.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
Thank you!

Sponsored Links