Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Register on New Visa or Transfer from Old GP  (Read 2031 times)

• Liked: 9
Register on New Visa or Transfer from Old GP
« on: February 26, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »
Hi Everyone, so I've just now moved overseas to join my husband in Northern Ireland. I am looking to fill out all the forms to sign up for a GP. I've run into a bit of a road block. I'm trying to fill out all the forms to register at a GP and then I realized I was already registered at a GP in Northern Ireland just under my maiden name. And I started to wonder maybe if I already have a NHS number from when I registered the last time maybe I should keep that one? I still want to register at a new GP as I didn't like my old one very much. But I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I had registered with my old GP when I was on a 2 year religious worker visa, and not under my current a settlement spousal visa.

Should I fill out a brand new form and register with the new GP on my current visa, or should I go through the work of changing my name at my old GP and trying to transfer surgeries to the one that is closer to me even though I registered on an entirely different visa at the time (it's also been a year since I was in the UK)?

Sorry I am so confused and overwhelmed at the moment with everything and I would so appreciate any advice.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Register on New Visa or Transfer from Old GP
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:37:43 PM »
Hi Everyone, so I've just now moved overseas to join my husband in Northern Ireland. I am looking to fill out all the forms to sign up for a GP. I've run into a bit of a road block. I'm trying to fill out all the forms to register at a GP and then I realized I was already registered at a GP in Northern Ireland just under my maiden name. And I started to wonder maybe if I already have a NHS number from when I registered the last time maybe I should keep that one? I still want to register at a new GP as I didn't like my old one very much. But I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I had registered with my old GP when I was on a 2 year religious worker visa, and not under my current a settlement spousal visa.

Should I fill out a brand new form and register with the new GP on my current visa, or should I go through the work of changing my name at my old GP and trying to transfer surgeries to the one that is closer to me even though I registered on an entirely different visa at the time (it's also been a year since I was in the UK)?

Sorry I am so confused and overwhelmed at the moment with everything and I would so appreciate any advice.

Call the surgery you want to move to, explain the situation and ask them what you need to do.  :)  Your NHS number will remain the same.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
Call the surgery you want to move to, explain the situation and ask them what you need to do.  :)  Your NHS number will remain the same.

Thanks larrabee! I will give that a try.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 04:16:08 PM »
I definitely tried calling and they were no help :/  Apparently there might be someone in the office tomorrow who might know a bit more so I will try calling again tomorrow.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 04:20:15 PM »
I definitely tried calling and they were no help :/  Apparently there might be someone in the office tomorrow who might know a bit more so I will try calling again tomorrow.

Yes, you will need to speak with the right person.  :) Ask for the practice manager.

• Liked: 3595
Register on New Visa or Transfer from Old GP
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 04:22:48 PM »
Another option is to just fill out a registration form at the new GP surgery, give the name and address details of your old surgery (which it will ask for) and say that you have an NHS number, but you don’t remember it.

The new surgery should then request your medical records from the old surgery, along with your NHS number.

By the way, the way that you transfer from one GP surgery to another is by filling out a registration form at the new GP... and they will do the rest for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links