Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TOR List of Goods- including works of art - How Detailed?  (Read 972 times)

• Liked: 50
TOR List of Goods- including works of art - How Detailed?
« on: February 28, 2019, 11:33:14 AM »
I am preparing my package to request an exemption from the 12-month rule for TOR.  I am already outside the 12 months as I was not aware of it, and agreed to leave my flat furnished to help out a young relative in Canada. Now, I am free to move but missed the 12-month window. I am about to draw up the list of items I want to bring.
I want to bring about 20 original paintings by a wide variety of artists - from unknown to known (in Canada). Do I need to list them one-by-one, and describe each one in detail?
Also, do I need to estimate the current market value for each painting? I could possibly estimate the current value by looking online but it would be a guess.
Or should I provide the original purchase price? One problem is that I don't have receipts as they were bought many years ago.
I also want to bring a few antiques and carpets... again, they have some value which I would only be able to estimate as I don't have bills.
Can anyone advise on how HMRC will view this list of art and antiques - especially given that I am seeking an exemption from the 12-month rule?

Sponsored Links