Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American football  (Read 1657 times)

• Liked: 0
American football
« on: December 21, 2004, 05:35:14 PM »
Is it possible to view american Football in europe. I love american football it would be a wonderful thing if I could watch it over there.

• Liked: 2
Re: American football
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 05:40:26 PM »
I don't know about other parts of Europe but in the UK you can get NASN cable channel, also Channel 5 here shows some American football, and they always show the superbowl live.  And there's always the internet if you get desperate.

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 07:57:40 PM »
And in London there's a sports bar...though I can't remember the name...but one of our members here goes regularly!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 07:59:30 PM »
probably the Sports Cafe in Haymarket??

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 01:17:05 AM »
We had skydigital tv and one of the sports channels had NFL coverage.  (I can't remember which station, though)

The two commentators were knowledgeable enough; one was an English sports caster and the other was a black ex-american football player.  Can't remember their names either (Kevin and Steve????)

Anyway, it was interesting enough to keep up with what was going on although you had to watch whichever game the network chose to broadcast.  The featured games were always with the teams that were in the lead, as it promised the best viewing.

As a Bears fan, I rarely got to see my team... :-\\\\
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 03:00:46 AM »
My wife and I are big college football fans.  We found that you can get game audio from Yahoo for something like 4.95 a month.  I think they have something like that for Pro-football too.  With bowl season approaching though I'm not sure what we'll find. 
Dr. Steve

***The journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step***

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 10:52:45 AM »
Bodeans is an American restaurant specializing in ribs and "Southern" food, it's actually a really nice place.  Anyway, they broadcast NASN there, when we went they were showing some college football game at the time.
They have a restaurant in Soho (I think) and one in Clapham.

I've also heard there's a chain of pubs called the Camel that have NASN that are located around London.

I don't know of places outside of London but I'm sure there are a few in other cities.

Matt
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 02:59:41 AM »
If u have Sky with the Sky sports package, you will get up to 5 live NFL games each weekend, also Channel 5 shows Monday Night Football live, though it is at 1:30 in the morning because of the time difference!

Do u wanna know whats quite funny, In any one weekend there is more live American Football on British TV than there is Premiership Soccer, the local national sport! Go figure that one!

Oh all the playoffs are being shown right now and the Superbowl will be live on Channel 5 and Sky!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 12:36:29 PM »
that doesn't sound to bad thank you every one I'm actually surprised that there would be so much on

Sponsored Links