Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: About to fly my dog to UK, question about rabies certificate dates  (Read 3959 times)

• Liked: 19
Hello,

I had previously posted about the possibility of moving my dog to the UK via Dieppe, France, but I've ultimately opted to go through Amsterdam and take the ferry over. It's going to be a long haul, and I'm dreading the whole thing, but I'm praying all goes well.

Thankfully, Elly was nearing her rabies re-vaccination date anyway, so getting her vaccinated just for this trip wasn't a problem. She was vaccinated on Feb. 15 and she already had a 15-digit ISO microchip. She's going to get her tapeworm treatment the day before our flight, and we will enter the U.K. roughly 36 hours later, so it will be within the 1 to 5-day window. I'm picking up the USDA health certificate the morning of her tapeworm treatment, and we're driving straight to the regional USDA office to get it endorsed (I have an appointment).

My problem: the USDA regional office in Nashville told me that the rabies certificate must be hand-signed (check) and have the microchip number on it (oooops, nope). So I have to have my vet reprint a backdated certificate with the microchip number.

Does the rabies certificate need to be dated in U.K. format, i.e. DD/MM/Year like the health certificate?

I just wanted to be sure what I'm requesting before I call the vet and tell them to redo it.

Any other things I'm missing? As it stands, her paperwork will be:

Rabies certificate with her microchip number dated 15 Feb. 2019
Paperwork proving Tapeworm treatment on 18 March 2019
USDA EU Health Certificate filled out by my USDA-accredited vet /endorsed by Nashville medical officer 18 March
Flying to Amsterdam overnight of 19-20 March
Ferry to UK overnight 20 March

Arrive in UK 21 March

Gulp! So nervous!

• Liked: 957
Re: About to fly my dog to UK, question about rabies certificate dates
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:51:34 PM »
Does your USDA office check the docs before your appointment? Mine did, and it was so helpful. And then we had the receiving center at the airport check them too (scanned in) to make sure it was all in order. I believe the date being in US format is fine on the certificate as long as on the pet form (I think it was Annex 2) it's the correct format specified there. I would contact the animal reception center in Amsterdam to confirm.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 19
Re: About to fly my dog to UK, question about rabies certificate dates
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:14:11 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to get a hold of the Nashville USDA regional office since yesterday to confirm my appointment and ask about pre-approval, but I haven't been able to get them on the phone or get an answer through email. This whole process is frustrating and stressful.

Sponsored Links