Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TX to UK  (Read 2480 times)

• Wunderlust Travel and Tours
  • Liked: 1
Re: TX to UK
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »
Thank you all for the information. It is very much appreciated. This is the first time that we have received some solid input. :) We really do want to move to Manchester and do it the right way.

By the way, how will Brexit effect the economy? I have to admit that we have not looked into that as much as we should since we have been focused on our "political situation" here in the states.
Bryan and Joni Mondy

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:53 AM »
Quote from: Bryan & Joni - TX on March 15, 2019, 10:29:57 AM
Thank you all for the information. It is very much appreciated. This is the first time that we have received some solid input. :) We really do want to move to Manchester and do it the right way.

By the way, how will Brexit effect the economy? I have to admit that we have not looked into that as much as we should since we have been focused on our "political situation" here in the states.

Well, we are divorcing the EU and set to leave at 23:00 two weeks from today.  As of right now, it'll be a hard Brexit with no deal.  Meaning EVERYTHING we currently have established with the EU will fail to be relevant.  All trade agreements will no longer be valid.

Also keep in mind, the big driver behind Brexit was an anti-immigration stance.  Unfortunately you will find the UK is not the greatest place to be an immigrant right now.

Honestly, if you haven't looked into Brexit, you absolutely should prior to making any decisions.  This is not where I would put a two million pound investment.  Just saying.  Though as a British citizen, I would LOVE for you to make a two million pound investment and help prop the economy up a bit.  ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 10:48:48 AM »
In the event of a no deal Brexit, World Trade Organisation rules would then apply.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:00 AM »
Welcome to UKY!  As has been mentioned, unfortunately, there aren't many easy avenues for moving to the UK (though it definitely gets easier if you're setting up or running a business and have the financial clout to contribute).  The UK has recently been quite anti-immigration, and eligibility for visas has been tightening in an effort to reduce people's ability to qualify for them.  That being said, it's not impossible, and I hope you're able to find a way to make it over if that's your goal!  From what you've said, it sounds like a Tier 1 visa is the best match for you.

To echo KFDancer, I would be a bit wary of moving with Brexit still going on.  Not necessarily for poliitics, but more for the impact it will have on you living here.  I do think there's a bit of scare-mongering going on and we won't be literally starving to death, but it's not going to be pretty or smooth for a bit, and I do think there will be transient shortages of some items as well as significant price increases on others.  Hospitals are stockpiling medicines in case of a traumatic no-deal Brexit.  If you don't have to move RIGHT NOW, I would recommend waiting and seeing how Brexit pans out in the longer run.

Good luck with your journey!

ETA:  To clarify, as my brain isn't quite in full gear yet, scare-mongering in regards to some news providers, not anyone here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:02:24 AM by Aquila »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab