Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: From Fiance visa to FLR(M)  (Read 3577 times)

• Liked: 5
From Fiance visa to FLR(M)
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:25:59 AM »
Hi all! You may or may not remember me - I'm the Brazilian one! - from a couple of months ago when I came here asking for help to fill up my fiance visa! Well turns out this visa thing won't be finished anytime soon so here I am again trying to sort out the the next step after the fiance....getting the FLR(M)!!!

Just to get it out there, we do meet the financial requirements by miles and are going for category A. We own a 1 bed flat and I have the english language certificate.

We are going to get married on April 27th and have a reception on May 4th so we plan on submitting our application after our reception so we have more photos - is it necessary (?), otherwise might as well submit after the registrar's.

From my understanding, the requeriments are basically the same (if someone has a checklist I'd love to see one please), only changes are that we do not need to provide communication evidences and that we now have to provide a marriage certificate and utility bills. And here is where I need more explanation.

Apparently we need "proper" mail which means bills sent on the post. The thing is, for the fiance visa, we submitted printouts of online bills that we downloaded and it seems like everything went smooth. All of our post is paperless except for the water bill. So my question is, how does the online bill differ from a physical one? Because they are identical! Can we just continue with our paperless post and download bills every now and then so we keep hold of them all? If we can't then can someone please direct me to where it says in the guidelines that paperless aren't accepted? I ask because my other half is a bit stubborn and he doesn't want to believe paperless aren't accepted.

Also, seeing this is my first FLR(M) am I expected to provide 6 joint bills (or a combination) ? I arrived on Feb 15th and as I said plan on submitting the aplication early May.

Thank you all for always being so helpful!

• Liked: 1327
Re: From Fiance visa to FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »
Hi all! You may or may not remember me - I'm the Brazilian one! - from a couple of months ago when I came here asking for help to fill up my fiance visa! Well turns out this visa thing won't be finished anytime soon so here I am again trying to sort out the the next step after the fiance....getting the FLR(M)!!!

Just to get it out there, we do meet the financial requirements by miles and are going for category A. We own a 1 bed flat and I have the english language certificate.

We are going to get married on April 27th and have a reception on May 4th so we plan on submitting our application after our reception so we have more photos - is it necessary (?), otherwise might as well submit after the registrar's.

From my understanding, the requeriments are basically the same (if someone has a checklist I'd love to see one please), only changes are that we do not need to provide communication evidences and that we now have to provide a marriage certificate and utility bills. And here is where I need more explanation.

Apparently we need "proper" mail which means bills sent on the post. The thing is, for the fiance visa, we submitted printouts of online bills that we downloaded and it seems like everything went smooth. All of our post is paperless except for the water bill. So my question is, how does the online bill differ from a physical one? Because they are identical! Can we just continue with our paperless post and download bills every now and then so we keep hold of them all? If we can't then can someone please direct me to where it says in the guidelines that paperless aren't accepted? I ask because my other half is a bit stubborn and he doesn't want to believe paperless aren't accepted.

Also, seeing this is my first FLR(M) am I expected to provide 6 joint bills (or a combination) ? I arrived on Feb 15th and as I said plan on submitting the aplication early May.

Thank you all for always being so helpful!

It is not necessary to wait 'til after the reception to apply, and you don't need loads of photos.  You must be married (and have your marriage certificate in hand) when you submit your application, but there's no need for a reception at all.  In my case, my husband and I got married at the Registrar's office, and the next day we applied for FLR(M).

For the fiancee application, you didn't need to provide correspondence addressed to both of you to prove you were living together.  But now you do.  This is why you need official post that was physically sent to you, rather than printed online utility bills.  You need to have things that arrived by post to the both of you at the same address from at least three different "official" sources (utilities, banks, GP, government agencies, etc.) to prove that you and your fiancee are receiving your post at the same physical address.  Printing bills/statements off of PDF don't prove this.

You will need to provide these items of correspondence for both FLR(M)s and for ILR in five years' time.  So convince your partner to turn off paperless and get your name on as much as you can, or you're going to have some stressful application times!

Requirements are very similar:

Financial (Category A, you said?):
- Six FULL months of sponsor's payslips
- Six FULL months of sponsor's bank statements showing wages paying in
- Letter from sponsor's employer verifying employment details
- (Optional but recommended) Sponsor's employment contract
- (Optional but recommended) Sponsor's latest P60

Accommodation:
- Land Registry document showing sponsor's ownership of your flat.
- Most recent mortgage statement (if mortgaged)

Relationship:
- Marriage certificate
- Six items of jointly-addressed, or twelve items of individually-addressed correspondence from at least 3 sources to show you two live in the same place.

Edited to add:  And your English language certificate, of course!

That's the basics of what you need to show.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:55:04 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:02:56 AM »
For the fiancee application, you didn't need to provide correspondence addressed to both of you to prove you were living together.  But now you do.  This is why you need official post that was physically sent to you, rather than printed online utility bills.  You need to have things that arrived by post to the both of you at the same address from at least three different "official" sources (utilities, banks, GP, government agencies, etc.) to prove that you and your fiancee are receiving your post at the same physical address.  Printing bills/statements off of PDF don't prove this.

You will need to provide these items of correspondence for both FLR(M)s and for ILR in five years' time.  So convince your partner to turn off paperless and get your name on as much as you can, or you're going to have some stressful application times!

Thank you for the quick answer!
But seeing everything now is scanned and uploaded on a system, it may be possible to use online bills?

Also I heard I may not send 6 joint or a combination if we don't have that many bills seeing it's my first time getting the FLR(M)? So worse case scenario if I only have 1-3 bills on my name that should be fine? As long as my other half also shows the same amount of bills as me?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:06:43 AM »
But seeing everything now is scanned and uploaded on a system, it may be possible to use online bills?

Also I heard I may not send 6 joint or a combination if we don't have that many bills seeing it's my first time getting the FLR(M)? So worse case scenario if I only have 1-3 bills on my name that should be fine? As long as my other half also shows the same amount of bills as me?

It's not for in country applications though.  If you post your application, you send original items.  If you do a premium appointment, you take your originals to the appointment and they copy them (thus certifying they are originals).

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:08:18 AM »

As JFkimberly mentioned, the bills have to be original and sent to you through the post. That is the point.

If you don't have sufficient correspondence, you need to provide a letter explaining why as instructed in the guidance.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:14:16 AM »
As JFkimberly mentioned, the bills have to be original and sent to you through the post. That is the point.

If you don't have sufficient correspondence, you need to provide a letter explaining why as instructed in the guidance.

Would you mind linking me the guidance? I'd like to read and understand more of what we need to do.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:44 AM »
It's not for in country applications though.  If you post your application, you send original items.  If you do a premium appointment, you take your originals to the appointment and they copy them (thus certifying they are originals).
Oh I thought I could upload the docs myself so at the appointment they wouldn't have to go through my doc. That's why I asked about it.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »
Would you mind linking me the guidance? I'd like to read and understand more of what we need to do.

It's in the paper form which is no longer in use. We can't see the online application so I don't know how it's worded there but here is a recent copy of the paper form.

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

Page 62

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 10:24:22 AM »
It's in the paper form which is no longer in use. We can't see the online application so I don't know how it's worded there but here is a recent copy of the paper form.

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

Page 62

Thank you so much. I will have a read - I'm sure this will be useful!

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
Thank you so much. I will have a read - I'm sure this will be useful!

Yes, it won't be exactly the same, but it'll give you an idea of what you're in for.  :)

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
Just a quick question...am I allowed  to register with a GP even though I am not allowed to use the NHS services just yet because I'm on a fiance visa?
I saw that one of the official correnpondences are GP letters and I thought I'd be able to register and then ask to issue a letter to confirm my registration with them?

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »
Just a quick question...am I allowed  to register with a GP even though I am not allowed to use the NHS services just yet because I'm on a fiance visa?
I saw that one of the official correnpondences are GP letters and I thought I'd be able to register and then ask to issue a letter to confirm my registration with them?

Yes, you are allowed to register with a GP. You just show them your passport, visa and proof of address.

You are allowed to use NHS services - they cannot legally turn anyone away... it’s just that if you need treatment, you will have to pay for it instead of getting it for free.

When you register, you’ll be sent a letter from them anyway, confirming your registration and giving you your NHS number... so you shouldn’t need to request a letter from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 344
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 02:13:31 PM »
This is the guide of services given for free with NHS England under the present rules.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

NHS Scotland under the present rules.
https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Health/Services/Overseas-visitors

NHS Wales under the present rules.
http://www.wales.nhs.uk/nhswalesaboutus/budgetcharges/overseasvisitors

Anything else, under the Immigration Act 2014-
-they can insist on payment up front and refuse treatment if you don't pay, unless it is lifesaving treatment (although you still get billed for that)
-50% added to the bill if you don't have insurance to pay.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:24:06 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »
Yes, you are allowed to register with a GP. You just show them your passport, visa and proof of address.

I thought so too! I have contacted my local GP last week and they are asking me to go there to fill in forms etc!

Back to bills....I'm thinking about sending the following...does it look ok?
Council tax - joint
Bank - joint
Energy & Gas - joint
Phone - Thay
Phone - Daniel
GP - Thay
GP - Daniel
Water - Thay
TV - Daniel

P.s our joint bank account is from Monzo, they can send us a statement through the post that it's stamped. I'd guess that is fine too.

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »
This is the guide of services given for free with NHS England under the present rules.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

NHS Scotland under the present rules.
https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Health/Services/Overseas-visitors

NHS Wales under the present rules.
http://www.wales.nhs.uk/nhswalesaboutus/budgetcharges/overseasvisitors

Anything else, under the Immigration Act 2014-
-they can insist on payment up front and refuse treatment if you don't pay, unless it is lifesaving treatment (although you still get billed for that)
-50% added to the bill if you don't have insurance to pay.

Thank you this is incredibly helpful!

Sponsored Links