Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First FLR(m) questions  (Read 278 times)

• Liked: 32
First FLR(m) questions
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
Hello, forum!

We are readying ourselves to submit our first FLR(m) later this year, having arrived on a spousal visa 26 April 2017.  Time flies!  I’m the US citizen, married to my UK husband, and we are relying on his income for the renewal.

1) We moved since I arrived and now live in our cottage which my husband owns.  Do we only need the land registry to document our accommodation?  Anything else? 

2) Given I arrived 26th April 2017, I calculate the earliest I can apply as being 28 September, 2019.  Is that correct?

3) We are due with baby #2 a week before I can apply.  My husband will take paternity leave, which will be a combo of paid and unpaid.  Is there any impact on our visa application if he takes unpaid leave?  We are well above the 18.6GBP requirement (or whatever it is for having two children), but if he were to take a month unpaid, for example, his paycheck would be $0 that month, and so I don’t know how we handle having six full months of paychecks to meet the financial requirement if one of those months is $0. 

4) I can’t get my head around the application process this time around.  I think it may be PTSD.  Is the general process submit online application / wait for invitation to do biometrics / do biometrics / wait for approval?  When do we mail in the supporting documentation, and does it go to NY or Shefflield?  We will apply by post since we won’t be doing any traveling with a newborn anyway.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.  It's nice to see so many familiar names.  We are grateful for your help!

• Liked: 3595
Re: First FLR(m) questions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »
1) We moved since I arrived and now live in our cottage which my husband owns.  Do we only need the land registry to document our accommodation?  Anything else? 

If you want, you can also include your latest mortgage statement.

2) Given I arrived 26th April 2017, I calculate the earliest I can apply as being 28 September, 2019.  Is that correct?

Yes, that’s correct.

3) We are due with baby #2 a week before I can apply.  My husband will take paternity leave, which will be a combo of paid and unpaid.  Is there any impact on our visa application if he takes unpaid leave?  We are well above the 18.6GBP requirement (or whatever it is for having two children), but if he were to take a month unpaid, for example, his paycheck would be $0 that month, and so I don’t know how we handle having six full months of paychecks to meet the financial requirement if one of those months is $0. 

Congratulations :).

Have a look at the section about maternity/paternity leave in Appendix FM 1.7. As long as his income met the requirements in the 6 months prior to starting the paternity leave, it shouldn’t affect anything... you just use the 6-month period before he took the leave.

He only needs to show £18,600 to support you, because your children are British and therefore are not included in the income calculation.

4) I can’t get my head around the application process this time around.  I think it may be PTSD.  Is the general process submit online application / wait for invitation to do biometrics / do biometrics / wait for approval?  When do we mail in the supporting documentation, and does it go to NY or Shefflield?  We will apply by post since we won’t be doing any traveling with a newborn anyway.

The entire application process has changed in the last few months and I’m not really sure how it all works now.

Nothing goes to New York at all because you are making your application from inside the U.K., so it is all processed in the UK... I think it goes to Sheffield.

You complete the online application and submit it, then a biometrics letter will be generate it and you print it at the time of submitting the online application. Then you take it to a Post Office to give biometrics, which I think you have 15 working days to do.

You also mail your supporting documents within, I think, 15 working days as well. I believe there is also now an option to upload your documents instead of mailing them.

There are also now various different in person appointment services too... though I don’t really understand them myself yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
Lovely, thank you, and I'll have a look at the guidance you referenced.

One other question regarding proof of living together -- we have three independent sources addressed jointly (council tax, electric bill, bank statement).  I'm just checking that it's *just* three sources we need, and not *at least* three, which would really mean four.  It's three, right?!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:01:30 PM »
If you have three different sources, that's fine.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:23:22 AM »
If you have three different sources, that's fine.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab