Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Self Employed Financial Requirement Help Needed!  (Read 2627 times)

• Liked: 3589
ILR Self Employed Financial Requirement Help Needed!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 08:24:55 PM »
What if he waited till April when the tax year ends and does a self assessment tax return in his own name? He was given this advice by a solicitor today. He will be speaking with his accountant tomorrow and he will be contacting HMRC about it as well, but is there anything else to be done? We’ve come too far and sacrificed too much to just give up.

Unfortunately, that wouldn’t work because he didn’t start his limited company until June 2018... so he would only have been self-employed for 10 months in April 2019.

To calculate his income from the financial year, they will use the 12-month tax year as specified on his CT600.

If his company’s accounting year is different from the normal April to April financial year... for example, it has been set up to be June to June, then the earliest his income will meet the requirement is June 2019... at the end of his first accounting year.

If, however, his tax year is April to April then the earliest his income will meet the requirement is April 2020, after he has completed a full April to April tax year (April 2019 to April 2020).

I would definitely recommend trying to get hold of Medivisas, because they can offer advice that we can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 35
Re: ILR Self Employed Financial Requirement Help Needed!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
I’m in a different situation, working on my first spousal visa after a denial, but also have a complicated self employment Director of a Limited Company situation going on, and I’m working with Medivisas. I have been referred to them by this group and a handful of other Expats. Their fees are affordable and it’s been a huge weight having them here to guide us. Definitely contact them, they will call you back. Self Employment is really difficult, we’ve been working with my husbands accountant since September, his tax year ended on September 30th, and we are just now ready to submit our docs for review to Medivisas. It’s a lot of confusing stuff and though our accountant is fantastic she does not know immigration rules. There were other issues with my husbands accounts, that’s why it’s taken us so long. I was previously denied a visa last year because we didn’t fully understand the process and had no guidance. I’ve been stuck in the US with my British born baby for a year because of this. Don’t risk it, get help from Medivisas.
1st App Mailed: 03/14/18 STANDARD
Decision Made: 07/02/18(70 WD)
Decision: Denial
2nd App Mailed to NYC: 05/23/19 PRIORITY
Docs Arrived NYC: 05/28/19
Email to UKVI: 07/31/19
Email Recd to send Priority receipt: 08/02/19 (48 WD)
Visa Received: 08/09/19

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 08:36:55 PM »
I feel absolutely sick to my stomach reading this.. I’ve been all the phone all afternoon trying to get consultations. I tried to ring MediVisas and no response. What if he waited till April when the tax year ends and does a self assessment tax return in his own name? He was given this advice by a solicitor today. He will be speaking with his accountant tomorrow and he will be contacting HMRC about it as well, but is there anything else to be done? We’ve come too far and sacrificed too much to just give up.  :\\\'(

Try to get a good nights rest and try Medivisas in the morning.

Cali, are you working with Beth?  Or Victoria?  Maybe you can get Little Miss a direct number if you have one?

Little Miss, this will work out.  Absolute worst case scenario you can go for the 10 year path.  Yes, your current 5 years will count, so it would be 5 mire years to ILR.  Remember, that’s worst case scenario.

It’s a shame that UKVI are very “unfriendly” towards self employed income.  Do keep us posted on what Medivisas says so that we can help others.  You will be fine!

• Liked: 35
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 08:57:19 PM »
Try to get a good nights rest and try Medivisas in the morning.

Cali, are you working with Beth?  Or Victoria?  Maybe you can get Little Miss a direct number if you have one?

Little Miss, this will work out.  Absolute worst case scenario you can go for the 10 year path.  Yes, your current 5 years will count, so it would be 5 mire years to ILR.  Remember, that’s worst case scenario.

It’s a shame that UKVI are very “unfriendly” towards self employed income.  Do keep us posted on what Medivisas says so that we can help others.  You will be fine!

We are working with Beth. My husband has her direct number, he’s been communicating with her mainly since he’s in the U.K. and he knows the income requirement better than I do. I won’t be able to get it until tomorrow but if you call the main number in the morning either Victoria or Beth will get back to you very quickly if they aren’t immediately available. I’ve emailed with Victoria in the past as well and she’s also extremely knowledgeable and both are really nice. Beth is American and married to a Brit so knows the system inside and out. Try not to panic, I know it’s easier said than done. You will find a way through this, it might just be a little different than what you originally intended.
1st App Mailed: 03/14/18 STANDARD
Decision Made: 07/02/18(70 WD)
Decision: Denial
2nd App Mailed to NYC: 05/23/19 PRIORITY
Docs Arrived NYC: 05/28/19
Email to UKVI: 07/31/19
Email Recd to send Priority receipt: 08/02/19 (48 WD)
Visa Received: 08/09/19

• Liked: 70
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »
Breathe. And sleep.

Self-employment is the much touted hardest method. Please take this forum's advice and try Medivisas again in the morning.

My husband and I are both self-employed. I love my accountant and I find HMRC incredibly helpful BUT they know nada about immigration or visas or my US taxes. They are professionals with completely different remit.

MediVisas will have seen this before and know what to do. Start there.  This forum very rarely recommends consulting solicitors, even for people with previous rejections. If the top contributors here are making this recommendation it means it's above our (collective) heads and we think you need qualified, professional assistance.

Sponsored Links