Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Renewal Questions  (Read 954 times)

• Liked: 3
FLR(M) Renewal Questions
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am going to renew my FLR (m) visa next week, and am filling in the online application form at the moment. This is my first extension for FLR(M).
There are a few things that are a little unclear for us:

Background: I am currently in the UK with FLR(M) visa, I've lived with my wife for the last 8 years and we got married in 2014 in the UK. We are relying on my wife's salary to meet the income threshold.

We have 2 questions.

Question 1: On the online application form Finance section,  they ask "What do they earn?"
   There are 4 answers we can choose from.
   1.The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
   2.The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
   3.Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
   4.Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

My wife has been employed by the same company for 10 months and from the beginning, her salary level has been more than the minimum required at £21,000 but this recently increased in January 2019, so we chose the third answer. However, when we go to the next section, the requirement for supporting documents has now changed to submission of payslips over a 12 month period rather than 6.

Our understanding was that if she has been employed by the same employer for 6 months+ with a salary above the minimum requirements for the entire period, we would only need to submit documents covering the last 6 months. Is this not correct? Why is it now talking about a 12 month period?

She changed her job in May 2018, and had a month off between her previous job and the current one, so it would be difficult for us to provide evidence for 12 months, so this is the biggest concern for us.

Question 2: on Application section, there is a question "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?"
I have been living here since 2010, and I have travelled a lot in Europe. Do I need to mention all those holidays!?

Thank you for reading my questions!

• Liked: 424
Re: FLR(M) Renewal Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »
I wish I could help, but I’m not to FLR(m) quite yet.....hopefully one of the resident experts will be along shortly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:43:45 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am going to renew my FLR (m) visa next week, and am filling in the online application form at the moment. This is my first extension for FLR(M).
There are a few things that are a little unclear for us:

Background: I am currently in the UK with FLR(M) visa, I've lived with my wife for the last 8 years and we got married in 2014 in the UK. We are relying on my wife's salary to meet the income threshold.

We have 2 questions.

Question 1: On the online application form Finance section,  they ask "What do they earn?"
   There are 4 answers we can choose from.
   1.The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
   2.The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
   3.Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
   4.Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

My wife has been employed by the same company for 10 months and from the beginning, her salary level has been more than the minimum required at £21,000 but this recently increased in January 2019, so we chose the third answer. However, when we go to the next section, the requirement for supporting documents has now changed to submission of payslips over a 12 month period rather than 6.

Our understanding was that if she has been employed by the same employer for 6 months+ with a salary above the minimum requirements for the entire period, we would only need to submit documents covering the last 6 months. Is this not correct? Why is it now talking about a 12 month period?

She changed her job in May 2018, and had a month off between her previous job and the current one, so it would be difficult for us to provide evidence for 12 months, so this is the biggest concern for us.

Question 2: on Application section, there is a question "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?"
I have been living here since 2010, and I have travelled a lot in Europe. Do I need to mention all those holidays!?

Thank you for reading my questions!

I think the income question is just worded badly.  I think what they're trying to ask is if your wife is on a fixed salary ("the same amount continuously"), or if she is paid hourly ("not the same amount continuously").  The fact that she got a pay rise in January is just a little bit of a source of confusion from your perspective, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the person who wrote the question had in mind.  If she is on fixed salary, try answering the question with option 1 and see what evidence it asks for from you.

I honestly don't know how much of your travel history details they want.  I haven't actually left the UK since I came in on my fiance visa in 2013 (my husband and I are budgeting "responsibly", so no holidays... yet), so I didn't have to answer that question.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 08:30:42 PM »
Hi jfkimberly,

Thank you for getting back to me!

What you have said make sense, it confirms what we were thinking.
Thanks a lot for your opinion, much appreciated! :)

Hide & Seek

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab