Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Looking to learn more  (Read 1366 times)

• Liked: 0
Looking to learn more
« on: March 29, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
Hello all,

Me and my wife are US based though are looking to learn more about the processes of bringing a USC spouse to the UK. I am familiar with the MIR threshold though with the ever-changing landscape of brexit we thought it would be useful to join the forum and keep up with any changes that occur.   

Many Thanks

• Liked: 6110
Re: Looking to learn more
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
Hello all,

Me and my wife are US based though are looking to learn more about the processes of bringing a USC spouse to the UK. I am familiar with the MIR threshold though with the ever-changing landscape of brexit we thought it would be useful to join the forum and keep up with any changes that occur.   

Many Thanks

Welcome.  :)

Brexit changes are really only going to affect those under EU rules. You'll pick up a lot of useful information on the visa forum though.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »
Welcome.  :)

Brexit changes are really only going to affect those under EU rules. You'll pick up a lot of useful information on the visa forum though.

Thank you, it's tough to keep a grasp with what's going on immigration wise whilst the brexit negotiations are continuing though we figured this would be the best place to keep track of any developments.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 08:28:35 PM »

Thank you, it's tough to keep a grasp with what's going on immigration wise whilst the brexit negotiations are continuing though we figured this would be the best place to keep track of any developments.

There are unlikely to be any significant changes to the UK immigration rules while all this is going on.

Are you just testing the waters or do you have actual plans to move back soon?

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
No solid plans to move back immediately we do plan on moving back eventually to be closer to family etc.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 08:40:59 PM »
No solid plans to move back immediately we do plan on moving back eventually to be closer to family etc.

By far the easiest method of meeting the financial requirements is using cash savings. £62,500 held in one or other of your names, or jointly between just the two of you, that you have had under your control for at least 6 months and you're good to go!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »
By far the easiest method of meeting the financial requirements is using cash savings. £62,500 held in one or other of your names, or jointly between just the two of you, that you have had under your control for at least 6 months and you're good to go!

Easy if you have the funds  ;) ,we hope that the rules change so they are not as strict with financial requirements

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
Easy if you have the funds  ;) ,we hope that the rules change so they are not as strict with financial requirements

Unfortunately, that’s extremely unlikely to happen :(.

The U.K. is very anti-immigration at the moment and the financial requirement has been deliberately set that high to prevent as many people as possible from being able to qualify for a visa. They have also increased the visa fees massively and have increased the time it takes to get permanent residence from 2 years to 5 years, meaning you now need at least 3 visas instead of 2 (this all happened in 2012 and the fees have only increased each year).

If anything, I suspect the requirements will become stricter in the next few years, not easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links