Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Settled Status  (Read 3528 times)

• Liked: 6115
Re: Applying for Settled Status
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 11:51:53 AM »
Just got an email telling me that I have settled status, indefinite leave to remain under UK law.

That's great, Jim. :D  I know you don't appreciate bureaucracy so you must be glad that's out of the way!

• Liked: 4993
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
Waaahoooo!  So pleased that it’s “done”.  Now to save your pennies and get a UK passport.   :D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
Yayyy! Pleased for you Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 770
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »
Glad to see you are finally legal. (Sniggers looking for Susan.)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 686
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
 8)

• Liked: 56
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
Just getting back to this finally after some really rough months at work. I'd like to get this done in the next few weeks.

Jimbocz - did you have to upload all your documents and then make an appointment, or could you make an appt and then upload the supporting documents inbetween?

• Liked: 347
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 01:01:53 AM »
Glad to see you are finally legal. (Sniggers looking for Susan.)

I assume you are talking about me as you seem to think my name is Susan? You will be telling us next that my surname is Sirius. :)

I'm not sure why you think this would bother me as I told Jimbocz to go for settlement years ago; the EU's PR; when UKVI refused him a BRP for an ILR stamp he found in an old passport. I'm assuming he was then refused a PRC as he didn't fill in the PR form correctly, because he had automatically obtained the EU's PR years ago. Perhaps used the five years I said his EEA citizen wife should use, so that she could avoid paying the 1k to Register their son as a British citizen and make him born British instead, dates that would not work for PR for a non-EEA citizen? Or used more recent dates but didn't provide the required proof: that his sponsor wife had not lost her PR that she had obtained years before; proof he was married to an EEA citizen; proof his EEA citizen sponsor had been in the UK for the entire 5 years he chose, etc?

EU law is different to UK immigration law. EU laws and UK immigration laws are different to Nationality laws.
They only have to answer three questions honestly on the Brexit settlement form to secure their stay in the UK, unless they commit a crime.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:43:37 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 02:01:39 AM »
Just getting back to this finally after some really rough months at work. I'd like to get this done in the next few weeks.

If you want to stay in the UK, I would make that a priority if I was you.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »

I assume you are talking about me as you seem to think my name is Susan? You will be telling us next that my surname is Sirius. :)

You said your name is Susan.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 10:31:35 AM »

You said your name is Susan.

No, I didn't.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
No, I didn't.
You absolutely sure about that?

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 11:42:44 AM »
You absolutely sure about that?

I thought is it was very obvious when I first posted as sirius and said I had posted under the username of susan but had lost my password, that neither was my real name. I then reminded people a few times in other posts that susan was now sirius. It then meant that when I replied as sirius but the person asked susan to reply to their query, that somebody (KFdancer?) was able to tell them that susan is now sirius.

Didn't you notice that you are the only one calling me susan?

On the topic of "Susan", one of my favourite videos.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:57:15 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 12:19:29 PM »
I thought is it was very obvious when I first posted as sirius and said I had posted under the username of susan but had lost my password, that neither was my real name. I then reminded people a few times in other posts that susan was now sirius. It then meant that when I replied as sirius but the person asked susan to reply to their query, that somebody (KFdancer?) was able to tell them that susan is now sirius.

Didn't you notice that you are the only one calling me susan?

On the topic of "Susan", one of my favourite videos.

I smell an untruth.

If you lost your password and had to create a new username, how is it that all of the posts under your previous name no longer are associated with your previous username? You can still see them but they don't show any username.  Almost like that account has been banned or deleted. The rumour is it is the former.

And funny how you always have an answer for your deceit. You just said you never said your name is Susan. However, when I provided proof that you did, you have an answer to magic it away. Good try. You aren't fooling everyone.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
I smell an untruth.

If you lost your password and had to create a new username, how is it that all of the posts under your previous name no longer are associated with your previous username? You can still see them but they don't show any username.  Almost like that account has been banned or deleted. The rumour is it is the former.

And funny how you always have an answer for your deceit. You just said you never said your name is Susan. However, when I provided proof that you did, you have an answer to magic it away. Good try. You aren't fooling everyone.

If you want to imagine that my name is susan, that's fine with me.  I was just telling you that is wasn't, so that you didn't end up being the only one on here calling me "susan". ;D

• Liked: 1903
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 04:11:47 PM »

Jimbocz - did you have to upload all your documents and then make an appointment, or could you make an appt and then upload the supporting documents inbetween?

I had to upload copies of all my documents first, then make the appointment.  It was also crucial that my wife had obtained settled status first and I had her reference. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab