Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Thinking of Moving to Spain  (Read 1809 times)

• Liked: 7
Thinking of Moving to Spain
« on: April 08, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

SO! Here we are... I moved from Orlando to Glasgow last June and tbh the weather has taken the best of me and even being fortunate enough to have gone in 6 holidays since we think its time to move- and since me and m hubs both speak Spanish we went to Spain and had a wonder around properties but before we go on i have to ask you guys for some advice :)

1. i am on a spousal visa in the uk- what would entail if we move to Spain?

i appreciate this forum more than anything its been very helpful :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Thinking of Moving to Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
You'll need to look at how you will qualify for a visa in Spain.  Unfortunately your visa starts and ends at the UK.

With Brexit looming, no one knows what will happen with Free Movement and if UK citizens will still be able to move to the EU under Free Movement (which would be how your partner can qualify).

Also be prepared that if you do decide to move back to the UK at some point, you'll have to start the visa process all over again.  There is currently a route called Surrinder Singh for UK citizens moving back to the UK after having lived in Europe but that will also end upon Brexit (so we've been lead to believe).

• Liked: 2
Re: Thinking of Moving to Spain
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »
well, i've lived in england nearly twenty years, and i would say, if you can move to Spain, DO IT lol. DO IT NOW lol.

Can I come with you? ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab