Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Online courses  (Read 857 times)

• Liked: 4
Online courses
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:19:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking a few online courses that would be beneficial to my CV. I've had over 15 years administrative experience for government jobs but no degree. I've been to Reed.co.uk/courses/ but I can't verify if the courses are actually worth anything because accreditation looks sketchy or negative reviews for the provider.

If anyone has a good lead where I can take some courses online I would appreciate it. Anything with office positions would be useful. I wouldn't mind changing up jobs a bit, so expanding my options looks like it might be available now.

Thanks.

• Liked: 957
Re: Online courses
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »
What skills are you trying to learn? Pluralsight is well recognised in tech fields. I've done some on udemy as well (using that for an advanced excel pivot table refresher before an interview on Friday).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »
There’s also different groupon/wowcher offers for online courses like PRINCE2.

Think margo’s question is key though for us to be able to help: what skills are you hoping to learn? What career path are you wanting to follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »
I don't have anything specific that I want to learn. I'm up for anything that is beneficial really that is recognized in the UK. I will sign up for Pluralslight though, $35 a month is affordable.

I don' have my heart set on any career path. I know I would need to start over on job level almost, not quite entry but close to it. A job is a job to pay bills and live a good life. I'm comfortable with office admin and computers. I learn new software quickly in and outs, to the point of people asking me to troubleshoot for them. So if I have a grounding of common software applications it would be helpful that I can say beginner knowledge of software on CVs.

I am also thinking of taking a Legal Secretary course for a diploma to open more opportunities as hubby and I would not be living near London or more the bigger cities much.

Thanks for the tip on Pluralslight. I will check what I see on groupon, but I don't know if they will show up on my US phone, but will check on wowcher.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 08:15:17 AM »
You can get the first month free on pluralsight without any voucher. Just remember to cancel your subscription before they start charging for the second month.

There's tons of technical focused training sites and you could probably go some time using free trials for each one.

I think there's a site called I love Linda or something that offers less technical subjects.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab