Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh boy, do I miss TARGET  (Read 4148 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Oh boy, do I miss TARGET
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
Target haters...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hahaha, I'd probably feel the same if someone insulted Nandos or Primark

• Liked: 768
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 05:35:44 PM »
Hahaha, I'd probably feel the same if someone insulted Nandos or Primark
I love Primark too. And TK Maxx.

When my daughters come visit, or if I meet them in the EU somewhere, we have to go to Primark.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »
I don't miss Target at all. I find ASDA good. Not all their clothes are great, but neither were Target's. I also find clothing, least in the cheaper shops like New Look or ASDA or Select, to be far cheaper than stateside. I remember last time I visited  California I wanted another swimming costume, and went into a shop, think it was Cole's, and they wanted something like 40 dollars for some butt ugly one piece. And of course I refused to pay it cos you pay around £12 for one here. Less when they are on sale. I had also lost my cap, and had to buy another, and paid around 18 dollars in some 7-11 for some plain white cap. Ridiculous. Over here I think I paid £2 for a really cool one.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:19 PM »
I don't miss Target at all. I find ASDA good. Not all their clothes are great, but neither were Target's. I also find clothing, least in the cheaper shops like New Look or ASDA or Select, to be far cheaper than stateside. I remember last time I visited  California I wanted another swimming costume, and went into a shop, think it was Cole's, and they wanted something like 40 dollars for some butt ugly one piece. And of course I refused to pay it cos you pay around £12 for one here. Less when they are on sale. I had also lost my cap, and had to buy another, and paid around 18 dollars in some 7-11 for some plain white cap. Ridiculous. Over here I think I paid £2 for a really cool one.
PhatBeetle...

She is tainting EVERYTHING!

• Liked: 674
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »
Target was recreational shopping for me. I'd go and walk up and down all the (air-conditioned!) aisles when I really only needed, say, toothpaste.  Cheap entertainment. It was also a holdover from after I blew out my back. Part of my therapy was to walk, and there really wasn't anywhere suitable near my home. So I used to go spend an hour every other day in Target, just walking around, in the A/C. With a salt-pretzel from the snack shop as a reward.  ;)

I have to admit, though, that I miss it for the convenience here. There are days when I have to walk all over the place to try to find what I'm looking for, and quite often I come home empty handed and have to resort to the interwebs. Frustratingly, sometimes I find what I want there, only to see that the website is in the USA and either doesn't ship or charges an arm-and-a-leg to ship it here to run the gauntlet of customs charges. I do miss the ready availability and cheaper price of goods in the USA.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 09:07:22 AM »
PhatBeetle...

She is tainting EVERYTHING!

Mmmmm..... 

In this case, I have to let it pass as a difference of opinion.... Other threads, however...........
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2019, 09:08:46 AM »
Mmmmm..... 

In this case, I have to let it pass as a difference of opinion.... Other threads, however...........
Lolol. Ok. I'll trust your judgement.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:41 AM »
Lolol. Ok. I'll trust your judgement.

;D
Personally, I think the UK has such an issue with cheap, throw-away fashion ,that I am not sure that a £12 swimming costume or £2 cap is actually a good buy anyways......
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
Ugh, Primark is hot garbage. I've bought two things there that didn't fall apart in less than three months - a sweater for my daughter that I got in the baby boys section (was supposed to be 9 to 12 months, but she managed to fit into it until she was almost 2), and a pack of Batman socks for myself. It was a great place to get baby clothes, but it''s not really a glowing endorsement on the quality considering those clothes are grown out of in a matter of weeks. I much prefer H&M for cheap clothes. They don't fall apart as fast, plus once they do wear out I can take them to their cloth recycling bin and get a coupon.

I know it's not doable for everyone, but I've ordered stuff from Target and Old Navy and just had them sent to my parents place. They either mail them here or I pick them up on my next visit. I just ordered my kid a Captain Marvel romper from Target and astronaut PJs from Old Navy. There's not really anywhere selling stuff like that for little girls here. :/

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
How do your parents get around the ridiculously high postage????

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »
I was just at Target and scored 4 pairs of my Denizen by Levi's jeans 70% off.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
Jealous!

My friends were sharing all the cute zebra housewares at Target right now and making me miss it more.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
How do your parents get around the ridiculously high postage????

It's usually a once a year thing, either in October (for both mine and my daughter's birthdays) or around Christmas. Either that or they bring it when visiting the UK or I pick it up when visiting back home. 

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
Ah. Mules.  ;) ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab