Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - questions about post  (Read 536 times)

• Liked: 15
FLR(M) - questions about post
« on: April 11, 2019, 06:33:59 PM »
Hello all,

I'm getting together the post to submit with my FLR(M) application, and am a bit concerned that I haven't adequately covered the last two years. Here's what I have:

May-August 2017
- Me - first page of bank statement - July 2017
- Husband - council tax bill - March 2017 - can't find any others from that time period

September-December 2017
- Me/Husband - council tax bill - September 2017

January-April 2018
- Me/Husband - council tax bill - April 2018

May-August 2018
- Me - bank statement - July 2018
- Husband - am totally at a loss for this one, can't find anything!!

September-December 2018
- Me/Husband - water bill - October 2018

January-April 2019
- Me/Husband - water bill - April 2019

My questions are:
1) Are some of these spaced too far apart?
2) Will I get in trouble for that March 2017 one, as the next post with my husband's name on it is from September 2017? Should I also include something addressed to me from March 2017? I have a letter from the NHS that I could use.
3) What to do about that gap in husband's post - May-August 2018?? Currently jumps from April to October.
4) The water bills are addressed to my husband and I am listed as an 'additional account holder'. Is that sufficient to count as being addressed to both of us?

Thanks!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:00 PM »
Okay, so you need to pick 1 month from each 4-month period and provide 1 document in each name from that month.

If they are separate addressed for that month, they should ideally be dated within a few days of each other to show you were both in the house at the same time in that month.

So, you want something like:

May 2017
1. You = ?
1. Husband = ?

Sept 2017
2. joint = council tax bill

Feb 2018
3. You = ?
3. Husband = ?

May 2018
4. You = ?
4. Husband = ?

Sept 2018
4. You = ?
4. Husband = ?
Do you have a council tax bill for Sept 2018?

Feb 2019
6. You = ?
6. Husband = ?

or you can space them out as per the months you have more from.

I.e.
April 2017
August 2017
Jan 2018
April 2017
August 2018
Jan 2019

Do you have monthly paper bank statements you can use to fill in some of the gaps?

At the moment, you only have 1 suitable source for the requirement months and you need 2 more.

So you could use bank statements for the second source and then try to find one other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: FLR(M) - questions about post
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:10:06 PM »
I barely have anything for my husband - I didn't realize until this year when I started getting my documents together for this application that I was meant to have been collecting his post as well. We haven't kept really any council tax bills and his bank statements are all online. I'm starting to panic... What does one do if you literally just don't have the right documents?

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »
I seem to have read somewhere that printing things off doesn't count as it's meant to have been physically posted to you at the time - but can they tell?! We might have to print off husband's phone bills...

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:30:14 PM »
I barely have anything for my husband - I didn't realize until this year when I started getting my documents together for this application that I was meant to have been collecting his post as well. We haven't kept really any council tax bills and his bank statements are all online. I'm starting to panic... What does one do if you literally just don't have the right documents?

If you can’t provide enough, then you have to write a letter explaining why you don’t have the required evidence.

Let’s have a look to see what you have and see if we can work it out a bit better:

You
March 2017
July 2017
Sept 2017
April 2018
July 2018
Oct 2018
April 2019

Husband
March 2017
Sept 2017
April 2018
Oct 2018
April 2019

So you have:
March 2017
1. You - NHS letter (source 1)
1. Husband - council tax bill (source 2)

(4 months)

July 2017
2. You - bank statement (source 3)
2. husband - ?

(2 months)

Sep 2017
3. Joint - council tax

(7 months)

April 2018
4. Joint Council tax

(6 months)

Oct 2018
5. Joint water bill (source 4)

(6 months)

April 2019
6. Joint council tax

While these do not meet the requirements of being evenly-spaced over the 2 years (which is every 4 months), you do have 4 sources and you have 6 documents for you and 5 for him.

So, you could send the ones I’ve listed above and also include an explanation for why they are not 4 months apart and why you don’t have 6 for him.

Alternatively, you can see if you can find anything else at all you can use.

How about:
- TV licence
- phone bills
- electricity bills
- HMRC letters
- P60s/payslips with your address on
- tenancy agreements
- building society books
- letters from DVLA
- any other letters from anything at all.

Also, from now on, if you haven’t already, turn OFF paperless for everything and make sure you save every item of mail you both receive for the next 2.5 years. Don’t throw anything away.

The whole point of you collecting mail was to show that you received mail at the same address as him... which means you need his mail too, to show you were both living in the same house at the same time. Otherwise all you are showing is that you were living alone... which doesn’t meet the visa requirements (which are that you have been living together).

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:33:28 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 09:31:59 PM »
I seem to have read somewhere that printing things off doesn't count as it's meant to have been physically posted to you at the time - but can they tell?! We might have to print off husband's phone bills...

It’s supposed to be physically mailed to show you received it at your address on that date, and they should be on official paper from each company.

You could perhaps print some off so they are in the correct months, but also include an explanation letter for why they were printed and not mailed.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
If you can’t provide enough, then you have to write a letter explaining why you don’t have the required evidence.

Let’s have a look to see what you have and see if we can work it out a bit better:

You
March 2017
July 2017
Sept 2017
April 2018
July 2018
Oct 2018
April 2019

Husband
March 2017
Sept 2017
April 2018
Oct 2018
April 2019

So you have:
March 2017
1. You - NHS letter (source 1)
1. Husband - council tax bill (source 2)

(4 months)

July 2017
2. You - bank statement (source 3)
2. husband - ?

(2 months)

Sep 2017
3. Joint - council tax

(7 months)

April 2018
4. Joint Council tax

(6 months)

Oct 2018
5. Joint water bill (source 4)

(6 months)

April 2019
6. Joint council tax

While these do not meet the requirements of being evenly-spaced over the 2 years (which is every 4 months), you do have 4 sources and you have 6 documents for you and 5 for him.

So, you could send the ones I’ve listed above and also include an explanation for why they are not 4 months apart and why you don’t have 6 for him.

Alternatively, you can see if you can find anything else at all you can use.

How about:
- TV licence
- phone bills
- electricity bills
- HMRC letters
- P60s/payslips with your address on
- tenancy agreements
- building society books
- letters from DVLA
- any other letters from anything at all.

Also, from now on, if you haven’t already, turn OFF paperless for everything and make sure you save every item of mail you both receive for the next 2.5 years. Don’t throw anything away.

The whole point of you collecting mail was to show that you received mail at the same address as him... which means you need his mail too, to show you were both living in the same house at the same time. Otherwise all you are showing is that you were living alone... which doesn’t meet the visa requirements (which are that you have been living together).

Does writing a letter work, though? For my last visa, my husband's bank statements were registered to his mother's address (which at the time was more stable, he was moving around every year or so) rather than the address where we would be living and where he was already living at the time, so we wrote a note to explain that this was because it was easier for him to use an address that didn't change rather than change it every time he moved. They clearly accepted that since I got the visa.

I'm really nervous for this one, though, as we just do not meet the requirements because I haven't saved the post. That doesn't seem like a legitimate excuse that the Home Office would accept!

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:17 PM »
Does writing a letter work, though?

Writing a letter is a requirement - it actually tells you on the application form that you must write a letter if you cannot provide all 6 documents or they do not cover the correct period.

From the old paper form:
Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.

Examples of acceptable items are listed below.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on.

They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.
For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) con rming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

See page 62: http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

For my last visa, my husband's bank statements were registered to his mother's address (which at the time was more stable, he was moving around every year or so) rather than the address where we would be living and where he was already living at the time, so we wrote a note to explain that this was because it was easier for him to use an address that didn't change rather than change it every time he moved. They clearly accepted that since I got the visa.

That’s a completely different situation though. The only thing the bank statements for the financial requirement must show is that his name is on the account that his payslips are deposited into. The address on the account was irrelevant.

I'm really nervous for this one, though, as we just do not meet the requirements because I haven't saved the post. That doesn't seem like a legitimate excuse that the Home Office would accept!

They will accept whatever is the truth.

Just be honest and explain the reason why - that you didn’t realise you needed to save his mail too.

As long as you provide an explanation, it should not affect the application. But, if you do not include a letter, the visa might be refused.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »
Writing a letter is a requirement - it actually tells you on the application form that you must write a letter if you cannot provide all 6 documents or they do not cover the correct period.

From the old paper form:
Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.

Examples of acceptable items are listed below.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on.

They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.
For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) con rming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

See page 62: http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

That’s a completely different situation though. The only thing the bank statements for the financial requirement must show is that his name is on the account that his payslips are deposited into. The address on the account was irrelevant.

They will accept whatever is the truth.

Just be honest and explain the reason why - that you didn’t realise you needed to save his mail too.

As long as you provide an explanation, it should not affect the application. But, if you do not include a letter, the visa might be refused.

Okay. This makes me feel better. I'll print off phone bills for him from the months that we are missing, and write a letter explaining why.

I think I've got it in my head that they are really irrational and refuse visas on technicalities or even whims. It feels like a really impenetrable and intimidating system.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 10:50:03 PM »
I think I've got it in my head that they are really irrational and refuse visas on technicalities or even whims. It feels like a really impenetrable and intimidating system.

They aren’t allowed to do that. If they refuse a visa they have to provide a valid reason why.

It’s a tick-box visa- as long as you meet the requirements and provide the information they need to tick all the boxes, they can’t refuse it.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 11:40:42 AM »
ksand24, thank you again for your help! I had my super-priority appointment this morning at 8am, and received an email saying leave had been granted at 10:15am. I wrote a letter explaining my mail submission and apparently that was enough!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
Congratulations.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab