Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Adopted children and VAF 4A Appendix 2 form, documentation?  (Read 234 times)

• Liked: 3
Adopted children and VAF 4A Appendix 2 form, documentation?
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:42:00 AM »
On the VAF form question 1.3 is “When did you first meet your sponsor in person?”.....one of our children is adopted and was placed with us at 13 days old. Do we need to provide any documentation reflecting this to rectify the difference between the date of birth and the day we “first met”? The birth certificate simply lists my husband and I as parents and gives no indication at all that an adoption took place.

(And for those of you wondering...yes, this is a standard practice on birth certificates for adopted children and yes, this is somewhat of an issue within the adoption community)

• Liked: 3
Re: Adopted children and VAF 4A Appendix 2 form, documentation?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »
bump

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
I’m really not sure, I’m afraid - which is why I haven’t answered.

You can only tell the truth though - so put the date you first met him, and you can put a note beside it to say he was adopted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »
I would put the date you met and in your cover letter state that you adopted your child at 13 days old, hence the difference.

In all honesty, they won’t even look at the answer to that question as it’s not something that would affect an approval versus a refusal.  No need to overthink it.   :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab