Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Game of Thrones - SPOILERS -DON'T CLICK UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED THE WEEKLY EPISODE!  (Read 14426 times)

• Liked: 1260
HOPE THIS FIRST POST ACTS AS A WARNING TO OTHERS WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED YET - THERE WILL LIKELY BE SPOILERS NOT CLEARLY HIDDEN IN THE BELOW POSTS OF THIS THREAD. DO NOT READ THROUGH IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE EPISODE FOR THE CURRENT WEEK AND DON'T WANT TO RISK ANY SPOILERS!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
:D

Starting this thread for anybody who watches GoTs and wants to discuss. I've not watched it yet this week (won't get a chance to watch it until tonight when I'm home from work with my dinner.

Could of thoughts/predictions at present that may change after I watch this first episode (which I imagine will likely just be a big, epic set-up to how the rest of the reason will go without anything major happening in itself):

• Tyrion has to be a Targarion. I hope he makes it to the end but I think he'd be more of a "hand to the king/queen" than actually wanting to sit it himself.
  • Daeny won't make it to see the iron throne (she will probably sacrifice herself for another one of her dragons or something
  • Sansa and Gendry may end up the final couple sitting on the throne together....With Arya (who doesn't seem to have any desire for romance or royaly) being able to vouch for both of them, this could unite the north/south as it's another Baratheon/Stark bond. Also, even though i guess John will likely be the first in line as a legitimate heir to the throne, I honestly don't think he wants to be King, even if he were to find out that he isn't the bastard he thinks he is
  • Cercei will probably make it to near the end but I don't think she'll sit the throne at all (I reckon she'll die before getting that far but will make it until at least the final 2-3 episodes)
  • Bran will be the only person who can defeat the night king in the end but it will require sacrificing himself
  • Wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing that at the end, this is all written about as a past event by an older Sam Tarly who has made it as one of the grand masters who keeps records and will probably end up being a hell of a lot more brave than he started off
  • The Greyjoy siblings will die defeating their Uncle in battle. Theon will finally get his balls back (probably in an effort to save his sister against his uncle)
  • Love this theory and it's one I can totally back: The many faced god is actually the one pulling all the strings throughout the realm.
  • REALLLYYYY would hope that Catelyn comes back in a surprise return as Lady Stoneheart

As it stands: my current prediction is either that Sansa/Gendry will end up on the iron throne ORRRR nobody will! (many faced god takeover?)

That's what I got for now...I'm sure new theories will form and my thoughts will change after tonight but going to ignore this thread now until after I watch it :)  Feel free to share your own predictions/thoughts/guesses at who will reign at the end...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
I tried to watch it back in the day but I couldn't see past the violence to see the story.  I'm *that* person. 

My husband loves it though!

I tried to watch it back in the day but I couldn't see past the violence to see the story.  I'm *that* person. 

My husband loves it though!

I'm totally okay with people that just aren't into it or thinks there's too much violence/nudity. As long as you aren't one of those people that put down people that enjoy it (which you aren't), it's all good.

But OMG! I've now watched it!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
I'm totally okay with people that just aren't into it or thinks there's too much violence/nudity. As long as you aren't one of those people that put down people that enjoy it (which you aren't), it's all good.

But OMG! I've now watched it!

Please remember that I'm the girl that watches Big Brother, Love Island, The Bachelor, etc.  I definitely do not have a pass to put people down based on what they watch.  ;D

Please remember that I'm the girl that watches Big Brother, Love Island, The Bachelor, etc.  I definitely do not have a pass to put people down based on what they watch.  ;D

hahah if everybody liked the same thing, the world would be boring :D
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 248
XoD - reading some of your predictions - what do you think now?

Do you think Arya and Gendry (spelling?) could be an item?

And Sam saying to John - that John had given up his crown for his people - would Danny do that?

And notice that John hasn't mentioned that Danny is his aunt!

I'm going to watch it again in case I missed anything.

XoD - reading some of your predictions - what do you think now?

So I'm changing my prediction of Sansa and Gendry ending up together...LOL

I am now thinking there's still a chance (a small chance) that Gendry and Arya could be an item (it's not that I don't want them to be, it's just that Arya doesn't seem like the type to care much about finding love or any of that and they acted more brother/sister teasing before).

Completely convinced now that Lady Stoneheart will not be making an appearance.

Outside of that, my other predictions still stand for the time being...But Sam is PIIIIISSSSEEED at Dany..

Do you think Arya and Gendry (spelling?) could be an item?

And Sam saying to John - that John had given up his crown for his people - would Danny do that?

And notice that John hasn't mentioned that Danny is his aunt!

I think Dany would give up her crown if it truly was the right thing to do because it would save her people....however, I'm not convinced that she would be convinced that any circumstance would be one where she'd have to give the crown up. And I think she will now be FURIOUS to find out that John is actually a Targaryon AND he's the "rightful heir". I do think they'll likely try to fix the situation by agreeing to marry to unite the kingdoms...though can he tell the people of the north he's actually a Targaryon?

They set things up so well! I just wish the episode went on for another 20 minutes at least!

We opened up a bottle of GoT beer we've been hanging onto for the last 2-ish years and I was afraid it'd be minging but it actually was okay! lol We've now got a bottle of GoT wine saved that we will open for the series finale! Literally cannot wait until next week!

And OMG! That white walker child nailed to the wall! WTF?!

My, how time flies....

You know the child that was nailed to the wall at the end who turned into a White Walker - was he the lad who was is the head office house and was told to go back and get his men - and he said they didn't have enough wagons etc and Sansa said she would send as many as they could spare.  If he was - then that is another house that has been taken over by the White Walkers.

Or was it just some young lad?

And what about Cercie (spelling again) being "friendly" shall we say with Euron Greyjoy - what will Jamie say?

And will Bron really try and kill Jaimie and Tyrion?

And Danny is the daughter of the MAD king - and now and then has exhibited a few violet tendencies.  I wonder .........

And the crossbow given to Bron - was that the one that Joffrie had?

You know the child that was nailed to the wall at the end who turned into a White Walker - was he the lad who was is the head office house and was told to go back and get his men - and he said they didn't have enough wagons etc and Sansa said she would send as many as they could spare.  If he was - then that is another house that has been taken over by the White Walkers.

Or was it just some young lad?

And what about Cercie (spelling again) being "friendly" shall we say with Euron Greyjoy - what will Jamie say?

And will Bron really try and kill Jaimie and Tyrion?

And Danny is the daughter of the MAD king - and now and then has exhibited a few violet tendencies.  I wonder .........

Not sure if that was the same boy to be honest but would be interesting if it was....

With Cersei and Jamie..I think jamie kind of drew his line in the sand around this one. I think it might sting but I think the damage between them is done (i mean she's put a bounty on both their heads!!)

To be honest, I think Cersei is more mad than Dany is! I don't think she's her father's daughter in that sense but I think she's blinded by trying to be a benevolent ruler who will also take down anybody that gets in her way as she "sees the bigger picture" but she won't realise when maybe her leadership isn't necessarily what's best in certain situations.

And the crossbow given to Bron - was that the one that Joffrie had?

I think that was the one that was used to kill Tywin by Tyrion but I might be mistaken. Do you think Bron will be able to kill Tyrion and Jamie? I think he'll falter and - ultimately - if they give him a better deal (I.E. you join us and you WON'T die at the hands of white walkers - presumably), he'll totally turn sides.
My, how time flies....

There is a prophecy (apparently) that Cersei will be killed by her younger brother.  The assumption being that it will be Tyrion, but Jamie is the younger twin - so both are younger brothers.

Or maybe I imagined that prophecy???????

And where is Briene of Tarth?  And could there be anything in the future for her and Jamie?  Or her and the Red headed wilding?

And, if John is a Targaryen - then can he walk through fire too?

And, when Jamie arrived - was he alone?  Did he not bring the Lanister Army with him? 

• Liked: 0
When Jon Snow was riding the dragon and Tyrion looked up you knew at that point that he knew that Snow was a Tygariean

I think you are probably right - if anyone could work it out, it would be Tyrion.  Or at least, he will have his suspicions.

I saw a trailer for next week.  Jamie is being interrogated by Danny.

Sponsored Links