Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Game of Thrones - SPOILERS -DON'T CLICK UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED THE WEEKLY EPISODE!  (Read 16119 times)

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
I want her to die. I want Dany to die in the same way I wanted the other bastard Snow to die. I knew she went cray cray after Missandai died... But there was no reason to kill all of those people. She could have simply razed the keep. I'd have felt bad for the people in the keep... But it would have been acceptable. And all that green dragonfire from how many episodes ago exploding... That was a good detail to add in.

So depressing. You gotta wonder who Varys was contacting though...

Varys was very probably telling the Wildlings and the Greyjoy army that Jon was the true heir to the throne and anyone else who could be rustled up to support Jon.

By the way, how do you all feel this season has gone so far? There's that silly petition for them to 'remake season 8 with competent writers'. My thinking is everything is coming together nicely!

• Liked: 248
I think this season has covered quite a lot in a short space of time.  I wanted Cersei's death to be a bit more ..... substantial (used that word so I don't sound like a sadist).

Everything, throughout all of the seasons, has indicted that Danny could go nuclear.  So that isn't a surprise, or out of character.

GoT isn't really into "happy endings" so it will be interesting to see what the last episode brings. 

As you say, everything is coming together nicely.

I tried to stay  up and watch it at the 2am showing, but couldn't keep my eyes open.  Watched it this morning.  So glad that I didn't stay up. 

• Liked: 7
I'm personally disappointed I woke up early to watch it! Wish I had gotten the extra sleep instead...
Engaged: Sept 1 2013
Married: Dec 27 2013
Online application completed: Jan 28 2014
Biometrics completed: Jan 30 2014
Application packet mailed: Feb 8 2014
Documents delivered by FedEx: Feb 11
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Feb 12
Decision email received: Apr 4
Visa arrived: Apr 7
Moved to England: Apr 9 2014

The highlights for me were the dragon's reaction to Danny's death - even Drogon understood the throne was a bad thing, and then seeing Ghost (with one ear) at the end.

• Liked: 6113
I'm still crying! 

• Liked: 1260
Will follow this up later as just finished the episode but need to grocery shop but I don’t think it was the worst ending yet I didn’t feel fully satisfied...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

I'm actually surprised at how much I liked it.  :)

• Liked: 544
Will follow this up later as just finished the episode but need to grocery shop but I don’t think it was the worst ending yet I didn’t feel fully satisfied...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. It wasn't bad, and there was some really nice writing in Tyrion's speaches, but it leaves you wanting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

I'm wondering if I can get a pet dragon from the local pet store.

• Liked: 240
Not horrible ending but left me feeling unsatisfied for sure. I feel bad for Jon. After what he did, they should make him king of something  :D
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
My personal feeling about it is that it just left you back where the series started. Like a sort of 'the dust has settled' ending. It does leave you wanting more but I'm not hugely disappointed by it. I liked it. Everyone moaned about Bran getting the throne but really, it made sense. As for Jon, he's going to be King of the Wildlings. Tyrion knew full well sending him up to the Night's Watch that there was no Night's Watch left! haha

They said there would be no happy endings.  I actually think everyone did get a happy ending. 

Jon's vows ended with his death so his watch ended then.  But, as you say, there is no Nights Watch.  Their job was to mantle wall which was keeping the bad guys out.  Once a big dragon came long and melted a big hole in it the Nights Watch didn't seem relevant anymore. 

Jon asking of the folk up there and seems to be off on an adventure looking for a place to settle.

Arya is off on her own adventure.

Sansa is Queen.

Bran is King.

Tyrion will be respected as Hand (and not executed by Danny or Greyworm, which helps for happiness)

Drogo the Dragon knew his mother was a nutter, acknowledged Jon as a Targaryen and didn't burn him for killing Danny (which, I think, was nice of him), and melted the Iron Throne, showing that he understood the Throne was the major problem.  He has flapped off to live as dragons do.

And, best of all, one eared Ghost was reunited with Jon.

So, happy endings all round.

I have heard whispers of a prequel, and spin offs.

They said there would be no happy endings.  I actually think everyone did get a happy ending. 

Jon's vows ended with his death so his watch ended then.  But, as you say, there is no Nights Watch.  Their job was to mantle wall which was keeping the bad guys out.  Once a big dragon came long and melted a big hole in it the Nights Watch didn't seem relevant anymore. 

Jon asking of the folk up there and seems to be off on an adventure looking for a place to settle.

Arya is off on her own adventure.

Sansa is Queen.

Bran is King.

Tyrion will be respected as Hand (and not executed by Danny or Greyworm, which helps for happiness)

Drogo the Dragon knew his mother was a nutter, acknowledged Jon as a Targaryen and didn't burn him for killing Danny (which, I think, was nice of him), and melted the Iron Throne, showing that he understood the Throne was the major problem.  He has flapped off to live as dragons do.

And, best of all, one eared Ghost was reunited with Jon.

So, happy endings all round.

I have heard whispers of a prequel, and spin offs.

This is exactly the way I feel and why I liked the ending!  :)

I can only apologise for exhibiting illiteracy tendencies in my post. I will use the, "four hours sleep rushing to go out" defence.

Sponsored Links