Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings  (Read 1370 times)

• Liked: 3
Greetings
« on: April 15, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
Hi - my name is Bob (UK-based UK citizen) and I've been in a long distance relationship with Lynn (US-based US citizen) for almost 6 years. Neither of us do social media  - believe it or not, we 'met' playing Words With Friends on our smartphones. We met in person June 2014 and now we are embarking on the emigration/visa journey. We plan on getting married this summer and Lynn is emigration to the UK.

Lynn found this wonderful medium for sounding out other people so stand by for lots of questions  :)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
Hi - my name is Bob (UK-based UK citizen) and I've been in a long distance relationship with Lynn (US-based US citizen) for almost 6 years. Neither of us do social media  - believe it or not, we 'met' playing Words With Friends on our smartphones. We met in person June 2014 and now we are embarking on the emigration/visa journey. We plan on getting married this summer and Lynn is emigration to the UK.

Lynn found this wonderful medium for sounding out other people so stand by for lots of questions  :)

Hi and welcome!  I used to LOVE Words with Friends.

Are you planning to marry in the US or the UK (or some alternative location entirely!)?  What's your anticipated timeline?  Do we need to start getting the ball rolling for you (processing times can take a while).
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
Welcome to the site all the best
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:22:46 PM »
Hi and welcome!  I used to LOVE Words with Friends.

Are you planning to marry in the US or the UK (or some alternative location entirely!)?  What's your anticipated timeline?  Do we need to start getting the ball rolling for you (processing times can take a while).

Wow - thanks for the lightning reply. I just posted a couple of questions in the Visa section on this if you are able to read it.  Any help would be appreciated. Lynn is here in the UK on a long (4-month) vacation at the moment and returns in May.  We aim so get the online application underway end May/beginning of June depending on when and where we will get married and anticipate Lynn moving over probably early September

Bob  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
Wow - thanks for the lightning reply. I just posted a couple of questions in the Visa section on this if you are able to read it.  Any help would be appreciated. Lynn is here in the UK on a long (4-month) vacation at the moment and returns in May.  We aim so get the online application underway end May/beginning of June depending on when and where we will get married and anticipate Lynn moving over probably early September

Bob  :)

While it's fine to start the online application and save it as you go, do not submit it until you are absolutely ready, having completed your research and once you have all of your documents in your hand. That also can't be until you are married and she is physically present in the US.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »
While it's fine to start the online application and save it as you go, do not submit it until you are absolutely ready, having completed your research and once you have all of your documents in your hand. That also can't be until you are married and she is physically present in the US.

Perfect and thank you.  Confirmation adds confidence - more questions to follow in due course I'm sure.

Bob :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Feel free to share even more about yourselves - I.E. interests/hobbies (outside word games :) ) and where you're both from/where you'll be basing yourselves out of in the UK. You might find you're near some other members on here!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »
Welcome!  We have another member - Mrs Magpie - who also met her husband playing Words with Friends.  Difference is I think they were engaged within like 3 weeks!   ;D ;D ;D

Sponsored Links