Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fighting the Pollen Bomb?  (Read 1518 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Fighting the Pollen Bomb?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »
I'd be curious if they offer/are willing to do some allergy testing on her.  I don't get the good sense that the NHS is great with dealing with allergies in adults, especially food allergies.

Me too.  I'd be surprised if they do SPT (skin prick testing).  Keep us posted Nan.  I hope she gets the treatment she needs.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
So, she's come back with a bag full of medications (cortisone ointment, anthistimine (fexofenadine) caps, nose spray, and eye drops) x 2. When things settle down she is go to back and they are going to do allergy testing on her. The Doc said it would be pointless to do testing for pollen type, but since she was considering an animal for a pet they should test for all the usual suspects since she is so reactive. They are going to do a blood draw to test. 

I've suggested she be tested for birds as well, as Bird Fancier's Disease almost killed me about 10 years ago and she lived in the same household with the same exposure.

Said the doctor was very nice, very understanding, and very thorough.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Said the doctor was very nice, very understanding, and very thorough.

Glad to hear she's on track to getting relief.  Hope everything will start working quickly!  :)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 04:42:32 PM »
Thanks. She said she is definitely feeling better, having taken the meds. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab