Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life In The UK - How exact does the name have to match?  (Read 2197 times)

• Liked: 3597
Re: Life In The UK - How exact does the name have to match?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 08:24:05 PM »
You only need to submit the online application before the expiry date - as your official application date is the date you submit the online application.

A third FLR(M) will have the same deadline as ILR, so there’s no reason why you would go for FLR instead of ILR - whichever one you apply for, you just have to submit the online application before the 26th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 958
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 08:27:49 PM »
Your application date online is when the time starts from, your status is extended while the visa is processing so have all your docs ready to go and you can definitely get it submitted on time. Study hard and I'm sure you will be fine!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
Good luck with the test, Snowdonia.  :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 08:36:38 PM »
My concern regarding FLR/ILR is simply my fear of not passing the LitUK test in time.  My first attempt will be on the 14th.  I would have time for only one additional attempt if I fail the first one.  That's the only reason a third FLR(M) is being considered. 

Test anxiety should be part of my legal name.  Add to that my iffy memory and well, I'm worried.

Thank you so much for clearing up the timeline for application!  That's helped my stress a lot just having that info.
Happily ever after...
Living with husband in the UK since October 2013.
Currently seeking 2nd FLR(M)
28 Aug 2013 - Online application/Payment
3 Sept 2013 - Biometrics appointment
5 Sept 2013 - Shipped application to Sheffield
                    w/ Priority Processing

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »
My concern regarding FLR/ILR is simply my fear of not passing the LitUK test in time.  My first attempt will be on the 14th.  I would have time for only one additional attempt if I fail the first one.  That's the only reason a third FLR(M) is being considered. 

Ah, okay - I thought you meant that you wouldn't have enough time between the 14th and the 26th to attend your appointment ... which is not relevant anyway, as it's the online application date that matters, not the appointment date.

Having said that, as long as you have studied the Life in the UK test book and taken practice tests, you should be fine. It's not often we hear of someone failing and having to take it again.

But if that was the case and you couldn't retake it before the 26th, then you would need to apply for FLR(M) instead of ILR... but I wouldn't plan for that just yet.

Right now, just concentrate on taking the test. There's no need to add on extra stress worrying over 'what ifs' at this point. If it turns out you need to apply for FLR(M) instead, then you can deal with it when it happens.

If it helps any, we had someone apply for ILR online before they realised they had to pass their Life in the UK test first (they thought the test was part of the application process). They managed to book and pass the test in the time between submitting their online application and mailing their documents.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
You can pass this test, no problem.  But do get study materials and study!  I highly recommend the mobile app by TSO.  You want to be getting passing scores on every mock exam you take (and it should only take a few days of using the app to get to that point).  Once you learn it, it's really easy.  But the test does ask some seemingly random stuff.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Magic is all around you, you just have to look....
    • Design site
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »
So in regards to exact, if my middle name is on my ID then my proof of address document has to have it spelled out in full and not just have the first initial of my middle name?
Even when life seems at it's most dark and despairing.. there is within the power to make change.

Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 1 March 2019
Documents uploaded: 1 March 2019
Docs Sent to NY: 1 March 2019
Docs Received in NY: 4 March 2019
"Application Is Being Prepared for ECO" Email: 11 March 2019
Decision Made Email Received: 1 April 2019
Visa Received:2 April 2019 YES!

• Liked: 107
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
So do you upload documents or ID? My wife’s passport and residency card have Jenniffer L Lagler. Her middle name is Lynne.

She has a bank statement that says Jenniffer Lynne Lagler, this would not be accepted?
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
Doesn’t anybody else’s BRP or passport just have their Middle Name initial?

Who name is Jenniffer Lynne Lagler but stated on passport and BRP ‘Jenniffer L Lagler’.

Gas, water and electricity can’t change her name.

Council tax: Jenniffer Lagler
Bank: Mrs J L Lagler

Could we take both for a combo do you think?

Could a letter from her work work? All her pay stubs P60 etc are electronic. Seriously panicking
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 02:21:30 PM »
Options

Gas/electricity/water
Gas/Electric cannot add her. She’s on the water bill but united utilities told me just her first and last name will only print

Council tax bill
Just first and last name printed. I’m worried this will take a long time even if I get something with her middle initial on

Letter from Home Office
N/A

UK photocard license
She doesn’t have a license

Bank or credit card statement
These state her middle initial but only her first name initial and not her first name. We have to try and get something from the bank on Monday and just pray we work something out. If unsuccessful, which I imagine to be the case, we have nothing.

Seriously have no options. What do we do? All this over a stupid rule and yet again no common sense
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 02:26:59 PM »
@Ben1989 . When they say exact, they mean exact. Her bank statement is by far the best bet, I'll be surprised if they are not able to sort you out.

It's really unusual not to have the middle name on the passport. I can only think that when they asked for middle name, she gave middle initial instead and they just went ahead and issued it that way!

Good luck with the bank.  :)

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 02:27:56 PM »
So in regards to exact, if my middle name is on my ID then my proof of address document has to have it spelled out in full and not just have the first initial of my middle name?

Correct. It must be an exact match.

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
@Ben1989 . When they say exact, they mean exact. Her bank statement is by far the best bet, I'll be surprised if they are not able to sort you out.

It's really unusual not to have the middle name on the passport. I can only think that when they asked for middle name, she gave middle initial instead and they just went ahead and issued it that way!

Good luck with the bank.  :)

Yeah it is. I have no idea why. Was the same with her previous passport. I can only hope that the test centre uses some common sense. I pray they do as my wife literally has no other option. We’re seriously thinking my wife won’t get ILR because of this. Because of a middle name initial. Insane.

I’m seriously assuming the bank won’t do anything. All I hope is that taking a combination of proof of addresses helps. I could maybe try and sort a phone bill with the initial but it doesn’t ask for this.
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
Update. I spoke to United Utilities again and asked if they can just put her middle name initial [space] surname as her entire last name. So

First name: Jenniffer
Last name: L Lagler

She’s sending a bill out with the update but the statement is for January. I’m assuming that the statement month won’t matter and they’re more concerned with the date of issue/date statement created. Right? This will be today, obviously.
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 4988
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
Update. I spoke to United Utilities again and asked if they can just put her middle name initial [space] surname as her entire last name. So

First name: Jenniffer
Last name: L Lagler

She’s sending a bill out with the update but the statement is for January. I’m assuming that the statement month won’t matter and they’re more concerned with the date of issue/date statement created. Right? This will be today, obviously.

For the LIUK test it needs to be in the last 90 days.

Your bank or council will change the name - promise.

Candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the test (except a UK photocard driving licence). We will not let you take your test without this proof, or if it older than 3 months and we will not refund your test fee. This proof should be an original of one of the following documents (photocopies and printouts will not be accepted, with the exception of electronic bank statements printed by the bank with an electronic stamp):

gas / electricity / water bill (the word ‘Bill’ or ‘Statement’ must be shown on the document and the usage must be present covering a historical timespan to confirm residency)
council tax bill (adjustments can be accepted (Final demand notices are not acceptable)
a bank statement/credit card statement (this must be an original statement printed by your bank. This can be an electronic bank statements printed by the bank with an electronic stamp
a bank transaction list (you can ask your bank to provide you with one however it MUST have been stamped by the issuing branch). This can be an electronic bank transaction list printed by the bank with an electronic stamp
UK photocard driving licence (this can also be used as photographic ID)
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terms-and-conditions-for-booking-and-taking-the-life-in-the-uk-test/terms-and-conditions-for-booking-and-taking-the-life-in-the-uk-test

Sponsored Links