Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: CBD Products  (Read 3354 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
CBD Products
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »
Does anyone use any products with CBD?  (oils, lotions, sweets, gummies, etc)?
I know Holland and Barrett have a good selection, but seem expensive to me. 
I'm looking for recommendations - :) 
I have lupus and want some natural inflammation reduction since it's not adviseable currently to get full strength stuff in the UK (USA, more and more states, it's everywhere!) 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
Re: CBD Products
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
So... The stuff at H&B is glorified hemp oil and nothing of therapeutic benefit. I'm volunteering for United patients alliance who is working hard to get legal cannabis based medicines into the hands of patients.

Good quality CBD oil/products are expensive, and different strains affect people differently. It doesn't impact my pain and causes insomnia so I know I need a full extract with THC as a component to work, but many have found CBD alone to help. There are some suppliers that have given a discount to UPA members... Check the link below :) There is also a CBD consumer group for the UK on Facebook that has a lot of knowledge (I'm not in there because it didn't work for me).

https://www.upalliance.org/newsmediainternal/2017/5/3/cbd-rich-hemp-products

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
Thanks margo!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 04:02:59 PM »
CBD oil does not contain THC; therefore, it is not psychotropic.  If you're looking for any of those benefits (e.g. improved sleep quality), it unfortunately won't cut it.  It MAY help if you have pain or seizures, but as margo said, there are different strains and the quality and purity of the strain is important.  It's my understanding that Indicas are generally sedating while Sativas are generally stimulating.  Some people do report significant pain relief from CBD oil though, so if you can afford to trial it, it's worth a go.

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:01 PM »
I have tried quite a few different companies here in the UK. The one I keep going back to is Love CBD, I use their CBD balm and their capsules. I have tried a few of their different oils and found them to be effective for joint pain, but if I take the higher dosage, they do make me sleepy. I do the Dutch and Entourage capsules and every time I take a break from it because I don’t think it’s helping, I have a pain flare and I see how well it was working for me. It’s all trial and error in finding out what will work for you. I have also had good experiences with Holistic Hemp of Scotland, Amma Life, and CBD Brothers.

https://www.lovecbd.org/

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 11:37:39 PM »
I've been reconsidering giving it another try, now that I know the difference between indica, sativa and hybrid. I haven't tried loveCBD, and CBD Brothers does samples so I might get a few just to make sure I don't have a very bad reaction and then try one for a longer period. I had a CBD balm in the US that was handmade w/ spearmint and arnica and it helped sore spasming muscles a lot. I didn't feel safe bringing it with me though. Genuinely hope the decriminalise the real stuff soon!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »
Thanks! This is a helpful discussion  :)

Genuinely hope the decriminalise the real stuff soon!

Totally :) :)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab