Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for ToR....bit confused!  (Read 160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 38

  • Liked: 3
  • Joined: Feb 2019
Applying for ToR....bit confused!
« on: April 28, 2019, 03:37:02 AM »
So we’ve been told to apply for a ToR but here are some issues I can foresee after reading the guidance sheet ( https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/Customs_B/1.0/TOR1&template=TOR1.xdp ) for filling out the form:

This is our tentative timeline-
1st week of June - sign rental agreement (also hopefully hear visas have been approved)
2nd week of June - movers pack out the house
End of June - fly to UK with our cat

1. We don’t have an address in the UK yet....my husband is traveling at the end of May to find us a place and is planning on staying long enough to sign the paperwork after June 1 to take advantage of the new protections for renters on that day. Can we use the same accommodation address (my husband’s aunt and uncle’s home) we used for the spouse visa application?

2. We only have my husband’s passports here (US and UK) as mine is away with the visa application. Can we apply for the ToR with just his? Do we use the US or UK passport?

3. If we have to come in without the ToR due to the above reasons, how easy is it to claim ToR retrospectively within the 12 month window?

4. We include the cat in the list, correct?

  • *
  • Posts: 3328

  • Liked: 663
  • Joined: Apr 2016
Re: Applying for ToR....bit confused!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »
The TOR is a somewhat new form, but you send scanned copies of everything in an email. Since you are a family moving I believe you could use both your husband's identity documents and yours if you have a copy saved (probably the UK passport for him since this is going to hrmc.). The job offer in the UK and fact you are applying for a visa is the evidence they'll want for the moving plans, you don't need a UK address yet. If it forces you to enter one, put the hotel where your husband will be staying at first. The form is good for 12 months so best to apply early and have it ready when you need it! And yes, the cat will go on there or they can charge an import duty on it... You have to assign it an arbitrary value, mine was a rescue so I just put the adoption fee.

Sponsored Links