Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EU vs UK Power question for Air Filter  (Read 3634 times)

• Liked: 957
EU vs UK Power question for Air Filter
« on: April 30, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
This air filter is the same type I used in the US, but it has a German plug. Can it be used here with an adapter? Would it be able to pass PAT testing? The company wasn't super helpful in answering those questions. :(

If you have MCS, this is by far the best small air filter out there. Only IQAir compares in quality for getting VOC chemicals out of the air.

https://www.purenature24.com/allermed-air-purifier-ca-50-with-activated-carbon-40254 (its the smaller ca 35+ model, fits under a desk easily!)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
Re: EU vs UK Power question for Air Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
This air filter is the same type I used in the US, but it has a German plug. Can it be used here with an adapter? Would it be able to pass PAT testing? The company wasn't super helpful in answering those questions. :(

If you have MCS, this is by far the best small air filter out there. Only IQAir compares in quality for getting VOC chemicals out of the air.

https://www.purenature24.com/allermed-air-purifier-ca-50-with-activated-carbon-40254 (its the smaller ca 35+ model, fits under a desk easily!)

What is the difference between UK voltage and European voltage

"The voltage used throughout Europe (including the UK) has been harmonised since January 2003 at a nominal 230v 50 Hz..."
Source: https://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/knowledge-base/what-is-the-difference-between-uk-voltage-and-european-voltage/

If you use a plug adapter, it will be fine.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 01:08:36 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
I think there's no difference between European and UK voltages, just the shape of the plug. 

I wouldn't worry about PAT testing too much, I've been in lots of offices and never heard of anything not passing. I think it's just lip service to a regulation that no one cares about.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »
I think there's no difference between European and UK voltages, just the shape of the plug. 

I wouldn't worry about PAT testing too much, I've been in lots of offices and never heard of anything not passing. I think it's just lip service to a regulation that no one cares about.

Just a money maker - like everything!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
Well we must remember that historically, back in the day, the workplace was a meat grinder for workers. If health and safety is too stringent here, certainly most of the blame lies on the wretched conditions workers had to endure in the pits and the "dark Satanic mills".*

* "Green and pleasant land" is often quoted, but Blake's And did those feet in ancient time refers also to a different English existence.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
Thanks for confirming the adapter will be OK! I'm excited, this filter is amazing. When I can afford it I'm getting the one for my car too, since with an adapter it can easily go to hotel rooms and such. Freedom!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab