Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Voters surge to Remain parties  (Read 1999 times)

• Liked: 533
Voters surge to Remain parties
« on: May 04, 2019, 07:51:42 AM »
May: It is clear this means voters want Brexit.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 163
Re: Voters surge to Remain parties
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »

What's really annoying is most of the news reporting I've seen is touting the same narrative.  ::)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »

She is delusional.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:02:02 AM »
What's really annoying is most of the news reporting I've seen is touting the same narrative.  ::)

It's the world we live in.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »
It's funny that you guys saw the same thing, I was wondering if I'd lost touch with reality.  The whole report on the 10 o'clock news last night was repeating "this means people are angry that Brexit is not happening fast enough ".  Because everyone knows that if you want Brexit to happen faster you should vote Lib Dem? 

I spent the whole report screaming at the TV like a mad man.  The only thing that made me feel better was the tory woman who started crying mid interview. 

Now I am worried that both May and Corbyn recognise that their days are numbered if they allow the public to vote on anything and arrange some quick Brexit deal they can shove through Parliament with no referendum. I saw absolute terror on the faces of politicians on both sides last night and know they will do anything to keep power no matter how much it damages the country.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
My favorite political cartoon on the election results showed Mrs May sitting a room, waist deep in frogs. Someone is calling to her from the doorway saying “I hear that Jeremy Corbyn got locusts”

*A plague on both your houses
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
My favorite political cartoon on the election results showed Mrs May sitting a room, waist deep in frogs. Someone is calling to her from the doorway saying “I hear that Jeremy Corbyn got locusts”

*A plague on both your houses

Haha, very clever!  :)

• Liked: 56
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 10:11:26 AM »
It's funny that you guys saw the same thing, I was wondering if I'd lost touch with reality.  The whole report on the 10 o'clock news last night was repeating "this means people are angry that Brexit is not happening fast enough ".  Because everyone knows that if you want Brexit to happen faster you should vote Lib Dem? 

I spent the whole report screaming at the TV like a mad man.  The only thing that made me feel better was the tory woman who started crying mid interview. 

Now I am worried that both May and Corbyn recognise that their days are numbered if they allow the public to vote on anything and arrange some quick Brexit deal they can shove through Parliament with no referendum. I saw absolute terror on the faces of politicians on both sides last night and know they will do anything to keep power no matter how much it damages the country.

Definitely signs of this happening - and they will want it done before the EUP elections. Both of them need to go - I believe Labour lost quite a few seats as well.

Tangentially, I am also questioning WTF went down regarding Williamson. I mean, don't get me wrong, that was a satisfying firing for that smug arrogant bastard, but he was 'tried' ,ousted, and then now its admitted nothing bad happened? Its not so much him its the process behind it and the speed. If that can happen, what else can now?

Did you see the interview where some journo yells out "why don't you just resign?" or something like that.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 02:16:49 PM »
Definitely signs of this happening - and they will want it done before the EUP elections. Both of them need to go - I believe Labour lost quite a few seats as well.

Tangentially, I am also questioning WTF went down regarding Williamson. I mean, don't get me wrong, that was a satisfying firing for that smug arrogant bastard, but he was 'tried' ,ousted, and then now its admitted nothing bad happened? Its not so much him its the process behind it and the speed. If that can happen, what else can now?

Did you see the interview where some journo yells out "why don't you just resign?" or something like that.

Totally agree about Williamson, if there was enough of a leak to sack him, then there was enough for criminal charges. 

• Liked: 718
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »
Totally agree about Williamson, if there was enough of a leak to sack him, then there was enough for criminal charges.

You can be sacked from a seat in the cabinet for anything, sackings happen all the time. The police have decided that either there was not enough evidence to prosecute or if he was the leak that the information leaked did not contravene the official secrets act.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »
You can be sacked from a seat in the cabinet for anything, sackings happen all the time. The police have decided that either there was not enough evidence to prosecute or if he was the leak that the information leaked did not contravene the official secrets act.

Fair enough.

Sponsored Links