Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa accomodation question!  (Read 374 times)

• Liked: 1
Spouse visa accomodation question!
« on: May 07, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
Hello guys! First post here after being verified, will be posting here regularly.

The question I have is, for accomodation requirements for a spouse visa, I already have the tenancy agreement(with my name and mothers), letter of no objection from landlord and a recent housing report in hand, I was just wondering if I need letter from my mother and brother whom I share my house with, that my wife can stay, obviously she can my family loves my wife, but is it necessary to get no objections from them to send with the application, I’ve heard you have to do this if you live with unrelated people, but for relatives and especially me being on the tenancy agreement, is it needed?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spouse visa accomodation question!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »
You don’t need the housing report, so you can take that out.

To be on the safe side, I would include a letter from your mum and brother just confirming that they have no problem with your wife living in the house too.

So, you would include:
- tenancy agreement
- letter from landlord
- letter from Mum and brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »
You don’t need the housing report, so you can take that out.

To be on the safe side, I would include a letter from your mum and brother just confirming that they have no problem with your wife living in the house too.

So, you would include:
- tenancy agreement
- letter from landlord
- letter from Mum and brother

Okay then I will throw it in for safe purposes, may as well, how should I word it, do you have a template or something? I, blah blah blah am happy for my sons wife blah blah to live with us at blah blah blah
?

Sound good?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:47:16 PM »
They just need to cover these items:

that they are the owner and what proof they are providing
who currently lives in the home
who has permission to move into the home
size of the home (number of bedrooms and reception rooms)

Honestly, no point in submitting the housing report.  It's not required and never has been.  It's just more papers to keep track of.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
They just need to cover these items:

that they are the owner and what proof they are providing
who currently lives in the home
who has permission to move into the home
size of the home (number of bedrooms and reception rooms)

Honestly, no point in submitting the housing report.  It's not required and never has been.  It's just more papers to keep track of.

I know about this, however I have a housing report already so may as well use it, just wondering about a letter from my mother and brother saying they’re happy for my wife to live.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »
I know about this, however I have a housing report already so may as well use it, just wondering about a letter from my mother and brother saying they’re happy for my wife to live.

I actually wouldn’t include stuff just for the sake of it. Providing unnecessary documents can add additional confusion so is really not worth it.

Just to check, is it your mother who owns the house or do you rent and just share the space. KF mentioned what to highlight in your letter above. Very important to include bedroom count as they will want to ensure there’s no overcrowding.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links