Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Questions  (Read 3337 times)

• Liked: 2
FLR(M) Questions
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:05:39 PM »
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted on here when my wife an I were applying for the spouse visa for her to join me in the UK. My wife is here on the 2.5 year spouse visa,  she arrived in November 2016,  the visa expires on the 2/08/19. (I'm a UK citizen since birth, she's from the US.)

I'm a bit lost on how we go about applying for the FLR(M) for the next stage of the visa. I've been reading through some of the other strings but feeling a little overwhelmed and confused. I understand that we now can do it all online using the .gov website, can anyone help me gather a full list of the documentation that we need to supply, we will be using savings to fulfil the financial obligation section of the application, so I think that means we don't need all the pay slips etc.  She has already taken and passed the Life in the UK test too, so its just a case of gathering all our documents and putting the application in. hopefully.

Does anyone have experience of the online process yet that they could share?

Really appreciate the help

Thanks

Jim

• Liked: 6115
Re: FLR(M) Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 07:25:00 PM »
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted on here when my wife an I were applying for the spouse visa for her to join me in the UK. My wife is here on the 2.5 year spouse visa,  she arrived in November 2016,  the visa expires on the 2/08/19. (I'm a UK citizen since birth, she's from the US.)

I'm a bit lost on how we go about applying for the FLR(M) for the next stage of the visa. I've been reading through some of the other strings but feeling a little overwhelmed and confused. I understand that we now can do it all online using the .gov website, can anyone help me gather a full list of the documentation that we need to supply, we will be using savings to fulfil the financial obligation section of the application, so I think that means we don't need all the pay slips etc.  She has already taken and passed the Life in the UK test too, so its just a case of gathering all our documents and putting the application in. hopefully.

Does anyone have experience of the online process yet that they could share?

Really appreciate the help

Thanks

Jim

It's not that different from your initial spouse visa in terms of the evidence you provide. You need the same proof of meeting the financial and accommodation requirements but for the relationship evidence, as well as your marriage certificate and proof of any divorces, you need mail to each of you at the same address covering the time you have been here.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:10:05 AM »
Thanks for the help, we're currently working through the guide and the online form. We have a question about the financial section.

Both my wife an I are self employed and we would like to use our savings to met the financial requirements however the online form doesn't seem to have an option for this. Can anyone advise on how we can do this?

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:48:13 PM »
Thanks for the help, we're currently working through the guide and the online form. We have a question about the financial section.

Both my wife an I are self employed and we would like to use our savings to met the financial requirements however the online form doesn't seem to have an option for this. Can anyone advise on how we can do this?

Thanks

I can't see the online form but if you are using savings, you should not be completing the self employment section. You'll just choose category D, Savings.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:24 AM »
Sorry for the long delay in replying.

The online form doesn't have an option to chose category D for savings, it goes straight into "Are you working in the UK or Over Seas" then into earnings, and proof of earnings. I can't see an option to use savings as proof of income. Maybe I'm missing it?

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
Sorry for the long delay in replying.

The online form doesn't have an option to chose category D for savings, it goes straight into "Are you working in the UK or Over Seas" then into earnings, and proof of earnings. I can't see an option to use savings as proof of income. Maybe I'm missing it?

Thanks

Try answering that you are not working. See if that gets you to the savings section. I'd then just clarify somewhere, in the any other information section or in a cover letter.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
Yes! Selecting that neither of us are working bypasses all of the pay slip / employer's letter items and at the end mentions being able to prove savings income, so that is looking promising. I hope that it is ok to say we are not working though, but with a cover note I'm sure its fine as they just want to know we wont need benefits.

I've put together a list of questions that I have now that I've got as much of the application ready as I can, hopefully someone can help answer these for me

Apologise in advance for all the questions, just want to make sure we get everything correct

Questions

Application
Category of indefinite leave to remain

Sounds stupid but I just want to check we are applying correctly -

My wife entered the UK on the Spouse Visa on the 23rd of November 2016 - Her Visa expires on the 2nd Aug 2019

So we are applying for the spouse of a person present and settles in the UK - 2 year route?

Also does that mean the earliest we can submit our application is the 5th July (28 days before 2nd Aug)?

Documents:
Evidence of (My) settled status in the UK

I’m a British citizen by birth, I’m already including my passport, do I need to include anything else for this?

Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

Already including council tax statements as part of evidence proving we live together as they are in both our names. Is that ok?

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

Our house is in my name, the monthly mortgage payments come from my bank account. I have an annual mortgage statement but it is dated 31st of December 2018.

I could also provide the land registry certificate.

What should I provide here?

6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2 years

Currently we have the following:
  •    Council Tax Demand Notice 2016/17

• Dated 09/02/17
    • Addressed to both of us
  •    Council Tax Demand Notice 2017/18

• Dated 01/03/18
  •    Council Tax Demand Notice 2018/19

• Dated 26/02/18
  •    Council Tax Demand Notice 2019/20

• Dated 01/03/19
  •    Water Bill

• Dated 03/02/17
  •    Water Bill

• Dated 03/08/17
  •    Water Bill

• Dated 31/01/18
  •    Water Bill

• Dated 15/08/18
  •    Water Bill

• Dated 13/03/19

Which of these would be best to include? Do I need to get some letters addressed to each of us individually to fill in any gaps?

Submitting Documents

Once we click the submit button and pay the fees how does the sending of documents work? It talks about original documents being required but accepts scans of them? So we scan all of our documents and upload them after paying? Just want to check so I can have them scanned ready ahead of clicking submit.

Thanks for all your time abd help, really appreciate it

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 03:17:21 PM »
Yes! Selecting that neither of us are working bypasses all of the pay slip / employer's letter items and at the end mentions being able to prove savings income, so that is looking promising. I hope that it is ok to say we are not working though, but with a cover note I'm sure its fine as they just want to know we wont need benefits.

The online forms seem horrible and are terribly worded. With the paper forms you could just leave blank the parts that didn't apply but it appears that you have to answer in the negative just to be able to fill out the category that you are choosing to use. So it won't be a problem to say you are not working as they will be aware of this failing in the form but I would explain in a note, for completeness.

.Application
Category of indefinite leave to remain

Sounds stupid but I just want to check we are applying correctly -

My wife entered the UK on the Spouse Visa on the 23rd of November 2016 - Her Visa expires on the 2nd Aug 2019

So we are applying for the spouse of a person present and settles in the UK - 2 year route?

Also does that mean the earliest we can submit our application is the 5th July (28 days before 2nd Aug)?

Not indefinite leave to remain, no. You need further leave to remain. FLR(M) You are on the 5 year route, not the two year route.

You can apply from 28 days before the anniversary of her entering on her spouse visa but before it expires.

• Liked: 73
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
We applied using savings and cannot recall being asked if we were working.

It looks as if your correspondence is only from two sources when I believe it should still be from at least three sources. Hope I am not missing anything!

Yes, you pay for the application and are then directed to the Sopra Steria site to choose your appointment date. You then upload your documents before your appointment, though you can have them scanned and uploaded at the appointment at some Centres (maybe all of them? I am not sure)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 10:32:29 PM »
Thanks for you help, we are closing in on having everything ready to send.

Our current list of correspondence documents are as follows, can anyone confirm if these are ok in terms of times?

Feb 17 - NHS registration letter - applicant's name
Mar 17 - Council Tax Demand Notice - joint names
Aug 17 - Water Bill - joint names
Feb 18 - Council Tax Demand Notice - joint names
Nov 18 - Bank Letter - applicant's name
Dec 18 - Mortgage Statement - My name
Mar 19 - Council Tax Demand Notice - joint names
June 19 - DVLA Car Tax Notice - my name

• Liked: 3598
FLR(M) Questions
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 11:15:41 PM »
Okay, if you’re applying in July 2019, you only need documents from July 2017 to July 2019, and they need to be 4 months apart. If you have documents in individual names for a period, they should be from the same month, dated as close together as possible.

So, you want one document in each name from the following months:
July 2017
November 2017
March 2018
July 2018
November 2018
March 2019
Optional extra: June/July 2019

At the moment, you have:

July 2017
1. Applicant: ?
1. Sponsor: ?

November 2017
2. Applicant: ?
2. Sponsor: ?

March 2018
3. Applicant: ?
3. Sponsor: ?

July 2018
4. Applicant: ?
4. Sponsor: ?

November 2018
5. Applicant: Bank Letter
5. Sponsor: ?

March 2019
6. Joint: Council Tax Demand Notice

7. Applicant: ?
7. Sponsor: June 2019 DVLA Car Tax Notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the spousal visa application documents. My husband entered the U.K. at the end of May on a Fiance visa. We got married 2 weeks ago and want to go ahead to apply for the spousal. My question is regarding the lease agreement. I rent from Catalyst housing and have requested for them to add his name to the lease which they have done so. I have been unable to reach the housing manager to be able to request for a new agreement to be sent to us with his name on it.  Can I ask for those that rent did you submit a lease agreement with both the sponsor and applicant name on it? I am thinking perhaps we should submit the one i have which clearly says  two people can reside in the property.

My husband is going a little crazy not being able to work on his business and have an income. Any advice?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 01:58:17 PM »
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the spousal visa application documents. My husband entered the U.K. at the end of May on a Fiance visa. We got married 2 weeks ago and want to go ahead to apply for the spousal. My question is regarding the lease agreement. I rent from Catalyst housing and have requested for them to add his name to the lease which they have done so. I have been unable to reach the housing manager to be able to request for a new agreement to be sent to us with his name on it.  Can I ask for those that rent did you submit a lease agreement with both the sponsor and applicant name on it? I am thinking perhaps we should submit the one i have which clearly says  two people can reside in the property.

My husband is going a little crazy not being able to work on his business and have an income. Any advice?

I joined my husband in his existing rented property, and we never had the lease changed.  We submitted the existing lease contract and I just had a letter from the landlord saying I had permission to live there, too.  We did that for my fiancee visa application and both FLR(M)s.  By ILR, we had finally purchased a house, only in my husband's name, but he was the sponsor, so I guess they assumed it was okay for me to live there.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 09:38:24 AM »
Okay, if you’re applying in July 2019, you only need documents from July 2017 to July 2019, and they need to be 4 months apart. If you have documents in individual names for a period, they should be from the same month, dated as close together as possible.

So, you want one document in each name from the following months:
July 2017
November 2017
March 2018
July 2018
November 2018
March 2019

At the moment, you have:

July 2017
1. Applicant: ?
1. Sponsor: ?

November 2017
2. Applicant: ?
2. Sponsor: ?

March 2018
3. Applicant: ?
3. Sponsor: ?

July 2018
4. Applicant: ?
4. Sponsor: ?

November 2018
5. Applicant: Bank Letter
5. Sponsor: ?

March 2019
6. Joint: Council Tax Demand Notice

7. Applicant: ?
7. Sponsor: June 2019 DVLA Car Tax Notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the help!

I've been back over our documents and I have the following, how do these look?

July 2017
We don’t have anything in July 17 be we have a Joint water bill dated 3rd of Aug

Nov 2017
- Applicant - Bank statement covering Aug - Nov
- Sponsor - Building Society Statement

Mar 2018
We don’t have anything in March but  have a Joint Council Tax demand notice dated 26 Feb 17

July 2018
We don’t have anything in July but we have a joint Water bill dated 15 Aug 18

Nov 2018
 - Applicant - Bank Statement
 - Sponsor - Credit Card Statement

Mar 2019
- Joint Council Tax demand notice

June/Jul 2019
- Sponsor -  DVLA Car tax demand
- Applicant - Medical clinic letter

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:48:18 AM by jimwib »

Sponsored Links