Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost first year of messages etc.  (Read 1274 times)

• Liked: 1
Lost first year of messages etc.
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »
Basically, we used Line as we were living in Japan but after i left there, switched to Facebook Messenger, in that time i got a new phone and lost every chat on my line and i also deleted line when i got back to UK so i lost everything. Is there something i can do? Or do i just need to explain to them why i can provide them?

• Liked: 1327
Re: Lost first year of messages etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »
Assuming you were only dating at the time and not living together and/or married, the short answer is you can't provide what you don't have, so just briefly explain that you don't have a record of the first year of communication because it was on an old phone, and then give them what you do have.

It's really difficult to piece together your situation to provide the best answers.  It would help us if you kept all of your questions in a single thread so we can see all of your questions and the advice you've received all in one spot..  A little bit of a summary of your situation/timeline would also help.  What I do know is you were living in Japan, where you met your now-wife.  After a year, you moved back to the UK, and that's when you changed phones and messaging apps.  When did you get married?  How long have you and your wife been living apart?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
we honestly have lived together most of our time of relationship, in those time also we didnt message much, because we were together so some months we literally have nothing to show, however I think we have enough as I do have covnersations from very early in the relationship all throughout, just with a few month breaks here and there, but I think our wedding and family photos and photos of us together are looking good, will also get a few plane tickets that have both of our names on too.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 03:26:05 PM »
we honestly have lived together most of our time of relationship, in those time also we didnt message much, because we were together so some months we literally have nothing to show, however I think we have enough as I do have covnersations from very early in the relationship all throughout, just with a few month breaks here and there, but I think our wedding and family photos and photos of us together are looking good, will also get a few plane tickets that have both of our names on too.

For the time you have lived together, you don't provide evidence of communication. Instead, you provide evidence of living together in the form of joint accounts, joint tenancies, utility bills, insurance policies etc. You should also send physical cards if you have sent each other any.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »

As larrabee said, for times when you lived together, you don't provide evidence of communication, you provide evidence of cohabitation (because they will assume that rather than emailing each other, you just looked at each other and spoke because you're both right there :)  ).  The evidence you'd provide is official correspondence (utility bills, bank statements, letters from GP, etc.) addressed to both of you at the same address, any tenancy agreements with both of you listed, etc.

As for photos, you really only need one or two to prove that you have met in person.  That's it.  And family photos are completely irrelevant.  They just want evidence that the two of you have met.  Those other photos will not further your case and will only bog down your application.

How long ago did your relationship begin?  When did you get married?  How long have you been back in the UK without her?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 04:17:39 PM »
Well the thing is it was in Japan we lived together, all the housing information is in Japanese. We can physical birthday, valentines cards etc too.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 05:08:48 PM »
Well the thing is it was in Japan we lived together, all the housing information is in Japanese. We can physical birthday, valentines cards etc too.

You will need to have it translated by an official translator.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 12:16:20 AM »
You will need to have it translated by an official translator.

and my wife told me shortly after she doesnt have it anymore, I can only give them what we have im afraid. Im hoping its enough. Ive got plenty of conversations with a month per year for a couple of years, just the first year its maybe only liek 6 months. But Im thinking its fine considering the photos/cards and flights that were providing.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 03:28:29 AM »
and my wife told me shortly after she doesnt have it anymore, I can only give them what we have im afraid. Im hoping its enough. Ive got plenty of conversations with a month per year for a couple of years, just the first year its maybe only liek 6 months. But Im thinking its fine considering the photos/cards and flights that were providing.

They take evidence of living together (if you have been living together) pretty seriously. We've seen couples with children married 20 years be refused because they didn't send enough.
Do you have *any* evidence of living together? Bank statements? Utility bills? Insurance documents? Tax returns? etc.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:38:17 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
They take evidence of living together (if you have been living together) pretty seriously. We've seen couples with children married 20 years be refused because they didn't send enough.
Do you have *any* evidence of living together? Bank statements? Utility bills? Insurance documents? Tax returns? etc.

I can see if she does

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
I can see if she does

If you don't have items in joint names, items addressed to each of you at the same address, during the same timeframe would also work.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »
If you don't have items in joint names, items addressed to each of you at the same address, during the same timeframe would also work.

Okay thankyou, we can try and find something, also does anybody know about the copy of sponsor passport photo page? Does it need to be certified? Is so where can it be done? Thanks!!!

• Liked: 104
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
Okay thankyou, we can try and find something, also does anybody know about the copy of sponsor passport photo page? Does it need to be certified? Is so where can it be done? Thanks!!!

I don’t believe it HAS to be certified but I think the forum generally recommends that it is (and I had it certified for my own application). It’s quick and easy to have it done at the Post Office.
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
I don’t believe it HAS to be certified but I think the forum generally recommends that it is (and I had it certified for my own application). It’s quick and easy to have it done at the Post Office.

Do you know how much it costs, and do you know if my wife can do it?

Also, should i include a copy of everything within the application? So 2 sheets of everything i provide? Also im including birhtday cards and things, just i scan and put on an a4 sheet of paper rather than send the physical thing? Also I have another question? I went to the bank, i asked for a stamp, and she asked if i needed it date stamped or certified, i didnt know and then one of the co workers said just date stamped. What is your experience with this? How should i go about stamping them? Thanks!

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 04:17:38 PM »
Do you know how much it costs, and do you know if my wife can do it?

Also, should i include a copy of everything within the application? So 2 sheets of everything i provide? Also im including birhtday cards and things, just i scan and put on an a4 sheet of paper rather than send the physical thing? Also I have another question? I went to the bank, i asked for a stamp, and she asked if i needed it date stamped or certified, i didnt know and then one of the co workers said just date stamped. What is your experience with this? How should i go about stamping them? Thanks!

At this point a little more detail would be really helpful.
Where is your wife now? Where will she be applying from?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab