Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost first year of messages etc.  (Read 1273 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Lost first year of messages etc.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
At this point a little more detail would be really helpful.
Where is your wife now? Where will she be applying from?

She is in the UK now, we’re both preparing, however when she’s back next week she will be applying a week later fromJapan, should she send the finished application to me, and then I send to shieffield and receive it back, or should she just send straight there and back? Thanks!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 04:52:23 PM »
I think if your wife took your passport to the Post Office to get certified, she might face some questioning.  The certification is that it's a true and correct copy, so certification of almost any other item can be done without a problem.  But I worry how they will feel about certifying a copy of someone else's passport without the passport holder there, even if she is your wife.

When you have all of your documents gathered, she should take them with her to Japan and submit them directly from there with her application.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »
I think if your wife took your passport to the Post Office to get certified, she might face some questioning.  The certification is that it's a true and correct copy, so certification of almost any other item can be done without a problem.  But I worry how they will feel about certifying a copy of someone else's passport without the passport holder there, even if she is your wife.

When you have all of your documents gathered, she should take them with her to Japan and submit them directly from there with her application.

Okay thank you! I was just wondering on the official website it says the applicant should provide her financial details and such but isn’t all this stuff really uneccesary for a spouse visa lol?

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »

Okay thank you! I was just wondering on the official website it says the applicant should provide her financial details and such but isn’t all this stuff really uneccesary for a spouse visa lol?

The website is not particularly clear about the application process.

Since she does not have UK work authorization yet, her salary and other financial information is irrelevant.  They want to know about yours, as the sponsor, because you have to show that you meet the minimum income threshold to support the both of you without relying on public funds.  So you have to provide bank statements, payslips, a letter from your employer, optionally your latest P60, and optionally your employment contract.  You will give those things to your wife, along with your relationship and accommodation evidence, to take back to Japan with her so she can have them ready to submit with her application.

Do you know how much it costs, and do you know if my wife can do it?

Also, should i include a copy of everything within the application? So 2 sheets of everything i provide? Also im including birhtday cards and things, just i scan and put on an a4 sheet of paper rather than send the physical thing? Also I have another question? I went to the bank, i asked for a stamp, and she asked if i needed it date stamped or certified, i didnt know and then one of the co workers said just date stamped. What is your experience with this? How should i go about stamping them? Thanks!

If your bank statements were printed by you at home, you need them authenticated with the bank's stamp, not just date-stamped, but authenticated.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 05:32:08 PM »
If your bank statements were printed by you at home, you need them authenticated with the bank's stamp, not just date-stamped, but authenticated.

And the stamp has to be on every page.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »
And the stamp has to be on every page.

I have a stamp on every page but just date stamped by Lloyd’s, but it’s obviously an official Lloyd’s stamp just a dated one. Even says Lloyd’s on it. They were also printed fresh at the bank at the day I got them stamped. Lloyd’s printed them.

Do I need 2 send a second copy of every document so the government have 1 to keep?? Or do they just keep all the documents and scan them?

Also was wondering if it is perfectly fine for her to send documents to me in the UK to send with tracking, she can’t use tracking from Japan.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:40:40 AM by Fidget »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 08:09:37 AM »
Quick question as I have one concern - how long has she been here in the UK with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 08:11:06 AM »
Also, does she have her qualifying proof of her English language proficiency? I know that’s separate to what you asked but just checking to be sure

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »
Also, does she have her qualifying proof of her English language proficiency? I know that’s separate to what you asked but just checking to be sure

She’s been here less than 2 months, she’s leaving in a few days, we decided to do spouse visa together,  she has the Ielts A1 test passed already.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »
She’s been here less than 2 months, she’s leaving in a few days, we decided to do spouse visa together,  she has the Ielts A1 test passed already.

Ah cool just checking. You've been a bit vague (I don't mean that in a rude way or anything) with the full relationship history timeline so I just wanted to double check that she hadn't been here on a visitor visa for too long as that would be risky. Less than 2 months is fine :)  It makes sense to do the visa together but just remember that you can't submit until AFTER she's left the country (as she can't apply from inside the country). Cool that's brill that she's passed the test already as that's one less thing to worry about.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
I have a stamp on every page but just date stamped by Lloyd’s, but it’s obviously an official Lloyd’s stamp just a dated one. Even says Lloyd’s on it. They were also printed fresh at the bank at the day I got them stamped. Lloyd’s printed them.

Do I need 2 send a second copy of every document so the government have 1 to keep?? Or do they just keep all the documents and scan them?

Also was wondering if it is perfectly fine for her to send documents to me in the UK to send with tracking, she can’t use tracking from Japan.

If the statements were printed by Lloyd's, they didn't require any stamp.  But since you have them stamped, that's fine.

Your wife will only submit one copy, and it will be copies not originals.  She should keep the originals together in case there are any issues with the scanning and Sheffield request documents are re-submitted.

Your wife will be submitting the documents, not you.  She will either bring them to a scanning hub in Japan, who will then scan them and send electronic copies to Sheffield, or she will scan them herself and upload the electronic copies to the provider.  She does not send anything to the UK herself.  Did you read this page?  https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/jp/en/how-to-apply  (select the "I will do it myself" option as those premium options are not for Settlement visa types).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:25:28 AM by jfkimberly »

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2019, 12:18:50 PM »
If the statements were printed by Lloyd's, they didn't require any stamp.  But since you have them stamped, that's fine.

Your wife will only submit one copy, and it will be copies not originals.  She should keep the originals together in case there are any issues with the scanning and Sheffield request documents are re-submitted.

Your wife will be submitting the documents, not you.  She will either bring them to a scanning hub in Japan, who will then scan them and send electronic copies to Sheffield, or she will scan them herself and upload the electronic copies to the provider.  She does not send anything to the UK herself.  Did you read this page?  https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/jp/en/how-to-apply  (select the "I will do it myself" option as those premium options are not for Settlement visa types).

So the only way they do it now is by scanning?

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
So the only way they do it now is by scanning?

In the US, yes.  In Japan, I can only go by what I see on the VFS Global site... I think it's the same procedure there, since they have the same contracted provider.

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
In the US, yes.  In Japan, I can only go by what I see on the VFS Global site... I think it's the same procedure there, since they have the same contracted provider.

Okay thank you very much bro!

I’ve just seen so much online about people doing both, but I’ve seen everyone saying they post to Sheffield themselves without scanning and stuff, however these posts were dated 2018, has it recently changed that everything has to be scanned and sent
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:14:05 PM by Fidget »

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 06:43:00 PM »
Believe the change was in October/November time

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab