Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK stamp on spouse visa?  (Read 5140 times)

• Liked: 28
Re: UK stamp on spouse visa?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »

As far as I know,  the IO's are still just telling people that they don't need a stamp but no-one has yet been provided with the relevant extract from the immigration rules verifying why this is the case.
I'm, expecting all sorts of chaos at renewal time when people can't find their boarding passes and oops, there was a computer glitch the day they entered. So definitely keep hard evidence of your arrival date.

If it were me, I would be trying as hard as I possibly could to get someone to stamp my vignette for me.

So I arrived at Gatwick last Thursday and the security officer there gave me a stamp like it was normal! No hesitation or anything. Glad that happened or I'd be worrying about it for two years lol
Submitted online application: 26 May 2019
Biometrics: 06 June 2019
Documents received in NY: 07 June 2019
Received at Decision Making Centre: 25 June 2019
Decision made email: 31 July 2019
Documents and passport returned:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 07:12:23 PM »
So I arrived at Gatwick last Thursday and the security officer there gave me a stamp like it was normal! No hesitation or anything. Glad that happened or I'd be worrying about it for two years lol

Fantastic!  ;D  So happy to hear that.

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:44 AM »
I'm interested to hear how things are continuing to go at the border regarding the stamp in the passport on initial entry.

If anyone has arrived for the first time recently on their new spouse visa, what was your experience at immigration? Were you given a stamp, refused a stamp, given one after insisting?

Did the immigration officer share any useful information?    :)

• Liked: 5
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
My wife immigrated two days ago!

Flew into Manchester airport, and was given a stamp without having to ask for one. Sounds like there's not a defined process in place across all UK ports of entry.

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2019, 04:38:16 PM »
My wife immigrated two days ago!

Flew into Manchester airport, and was given a stamp without having to ask for one. Sounds like there's not a defined process in place across all UK ports of entry.

That's great!  Thanks for letting us know!   :)

I'm curious as to whether that's the reason or if they have back tracked on their no stamping policy, nationwide.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 04:59:08 PM »
Sounds like there's not a defined process in place across all UK ports of entry.

Or even within the same port of entry! I arrived to the UK at Manchester Airport a couple of months back and was told that they don't do stamps anymore and was too exhausted from traveling to push it any further.

or if they have back tracked on their no stamping policy, nationwide.
That could be it. The inconsistency is pretty annoying. Hopefully those of us who didn't get a stamp don't have any issues as a result of it.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2019, 05:54:29 PM »
Or even within the same port of entry! I arrived to the UK at Manchester Airport a couple of months back and was told that they don't do stamps anymore and was too exhausted from traveling to push it any further.
That could be it. The inconsistency is pretty annoying. Hopefully those of us who didn't get a stamp don't have any issues as a result of it.
Save your boarding passes just in case! I can see it potentially causing issues when you go to apply for ILR.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2019, 07:20:57 AM »
My wife arrived into Heahrow on Tuesday.

The people shuffling agents said no need to get a stamp, not satisfied she talked to a group of border agents just milling around and they said egate is fine even if it's the 1st time and no stamp needed.

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »
My wife arrived into Heahrow on Tuesday.

The people shuffling agents said no need to get a stamp, not satisfied she talked to a group of border agents just milling around and they said egate is fine even if it's the 1st time and no stamp needed.

The point we are trying to make here is that although they are telling people no stamp is needed, they are not showing where this is written in the immigration rules, nor are they advising how people are going to prove their date of entry for all of their next visas down the line.

I'm encouraging people to push back and either insist on a stamp or for written evidence of how it's going to work when it's time to apply for ILR, which I am pretty sure they won't be able to supply.

Meanwhile, in your situation, keep all the concrete proof you have of her date of entry.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
I absolutely agree with Larrabee...  this wouldn't be the first time Home Office/Border Force have got it wrong at the expense of immigrants.  Be proactive and protect yourselves.  If they won't give you that entry stamp to show your date of arrival on your spouse visa vignette, save your boarding pass and anything else you've got to prove the date you arrived.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 12
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »
hi!

Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I did a quick search on e-gates and couldn't find anything more recent.  Is this still the case? Not a lot of clarity on e-gates? I land at Heathrow next Wednesday with my spouse visa, so should I try and get it stamped?

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29:35 PM »
hi!

Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I did a quick search on e-gates and couldn't find anything more recent.  Is this still the case? Not a lot of clarity on e-gates? I land at Heathrow next Wednesday with my spouse visa, so should I try and get it stamped?

I were in your position, I'd be trying hard to get a stamp.  :)

• Liked: 12
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2020, 07:34:36 PM »
cool, thanks @larrabee ! that helps, i'll aim to do that then :)

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »
cool, thanks @larrabee ! that helps, i'll aim to do that then :)

If they don't give you one, make sure you keep evidence of the date you arrived, such as your flight itinerary and boarding pass.
Good luck!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2020, 06:54:59 AM »
I arrived at Heathrow on December 30th and used the e-gates. I still have my boarding pass, itinerary and BRP receipt though. I picked up my BRP on January 3rd.
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab