Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for flr next week  (Read 938 times)

• Liked: 3
Applying for flr next week
« on: May 23, 2019, 09:13:57 AM »
I think I have everything EXCEPT I’m not on my husbands bank account. I’ve applied but it’s taking some time and I’m waiting for a call back. Should I try to get a letter explaining hat from them?

I have letters to my address in my name for every month but December (because I wasn’t here yet) and January (because we had not gotten the flat yet). I’ll explain that in my cover letter.

If anyone could give me a checklist or a link to one that would be great to look over.

Thanks!

• Liked: 70
Re: Applying for flr next week
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »
I think you should just try to provide what you can. I believe that if you're switching from a fiancé(e) visa to FLR(M) they know you can't provide as much and that seems to be OK. The official guidance doesn't directly address this.

We followed a similar route, and although we could supply the correct amount of documents, they were of course only spaced out over the three or four months that elapsed from the visa being issued to our FLR(M) application.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:49:05 AM »
I think I have everything EXCEPT I’m not on my husbands bank account. I’ve applied but it’s taking some time and I’m waiting for a call back. Should I try to get a letter explaining hat from them?

I have letters to my address in my name for every month but December (because I wasn’t here yet) and January (because we had not gotten the flat yet). I’ll explain that in my cover letter.

If anyone could give me a checklist or a link to one that would be great to look over.

Thanks!

It is easier for us to answer questions if you keep to one thread so we know what your situation is.  I found your last thread and see that you are on your fiancee visa and applying for your first FLR(M).  I also see that you were approved in December but didn't enter the UK until sometime in January, and moved house, in February(?), three weeks after arriving.

For the first FLR(M) after a fiancee visa, applicants often aren't able to provide as much official correspondence because they haven't been in the UK long enough to get on accounts and get enough sources of post.  If you can't get enough, you should submit what you do have and very briefly explain why you don't have six items.

Don't forget that you need letters to your spouse, as well.  The purpose of this correspondence is to show that you and your spouse are living together, so you need to provide post received by both of you at the same address.  Jointly-addressed post is best/easiest if you have it, but if you don't have it, just submit individual items for both of you.  Six each, or as many as you can gather along with an explanation for not having six.  If an item was jointly-addressed to both of you it counts for one for both of you so you'd only need five more each.

There is no one-size-fits-all checklist because the evidence needed is unique to each applicant's set of circumstances.

However, as a basic guideline, if your sponsor's work situation hasn't changed since applying for the fiancee visa, you'll need to submit all the same financial documents you used before, but updated to be within the new application date.   For relationship evidence, instead of chat logs and stuff, you'll submit the correspondence discussed above that shows you live together, as well as a copy of your marriage certificate.  And for accommodation, if you're renting your own place now, you'll provide the tenancy agreement and if both of you are not named on the lease, a letter from the landlord saying you can live there.  If you're still living with family, you'll need to show either their proof of ownership or their tenancy agreement and letters stating that you can live there (from the landlord if rented, from the owner if owned).

This is not an exhaustive list.  I know you also have a dual USC/UKC child, and there is some evidence required for him, but I'm not versed in that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:52:53 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
I’m not too versed on the child proof but I do have PLENTY of evidence on care for him for each month so I’m not too worried about that.

Here’s what I have for address
Husband:
Feb- loan (at his mother’s home before we moved)
March- hm revenue and customs tax form
May- electric bill and bank letter

Me:
Feb- NHS appointment letter (sent to mil as we have not moved)
April- electric bill

Joint- feb mar and April’s council tax bill. The only issue is they spelt my name incorrectly (Tina instead of Gina) for the first two but it’s corrected on the last so hopefully that not an issue.

So I called the bank and they said that they would write me a letter to submit explaining that they’re trying to add me but there’s been a delay, will that be ok to submit? I thought I had to have a joint account with my husband?

I’ll keep to this thread, sorry! Haha

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »
I’m not too versed on the child proof but I do have PLENTY of evidence on care for him for each month so I’m not too worried about that.

Here’s what I have for address
Husband:
Feb- loan (at his mother’s home before we moved)
March- hm revenue and customs tax form
May- electric bill and bank letter

Me:
Feb- NHS appointment letter (sent to mil as we have not moved)
April- electric bill

Joint- feb mar and April’s council tax bill. The only issue is they spelt my name incorrectly (Tina instead of Gina) for the first two but it’s corrected on the last so hopefully that not an issue.

So I called the bank and they said that they would write me a letter to submit explaining that they’re trying to add me but there’s been a delay, will that be ok to submit? I thought I had to have a joint account with my husband?

I’ll keep to this thread, sorry! Haha

You do not have to have a joint account with your husband.  I am not on any joint bank accounts with my UKC husband because I don't want to cause his assets to become reportable to the US government under FinCEN when he has no other connection to the US than me. (This reporting isn't triggered until you hit $10,000 in assets in foreign accounts, but if your husband has savings that put your combined total in excess of $10,000, and you get added to his account, you would have to report his money to the US government on your FBAR report.)

However, if the bank sends that letter to you explaining their difficulties with adding you to his account through the post, you can use that letter as an item of official correspondence addressed to you, so that's handy.  :)

I'm not sure how useful the first two council tax statements will be with your name misspelled to form a completely different name.  But you could include them if you have nothing else, along with an explanation that they got your name wrong and then corrected it by the third statement.

For individually-addressed items that are different addresses, make sure things you received individually are to the same address at the same time.  You do NOT want to show, for example, a bank statement sent to your husband at your MIL's address in April, but a GP letter sent to you at your new place in April.  That would suggest that the two of you were not living together in April.  So make sure the items you use show you both living at the same place at the same time.  And you'll want to explain that you moved house and on what date, so they will understand the different addresses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:14:53 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »
One more question before I apply this week! ( yikes ahhh), my husband has had two employers in the last year. I know i for sure need a letter from his current employer, but do i need one from his previous? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get but i just want to make sure we even need it before going through the effort.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 01:23:06 PM »
One more question before I apply this week! ( yikes ahhh), my husband has had two employers in the last year. I know i for sure need a letter from his current employer, but do i need one from his previous? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get but i just want to make sure we even need it before going through the effort.

You only need a letter from the current employer, because the point of the letter is to confirm current and future employment details and income.

The only reason you would need a letter from the previous employer is if the payslips from that employer are not original and need to be verified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
we are printing them from an online employment portal, so it does sound like we might need one? either or that helps, thank you!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »
we are printing them from an online employment portal, so it does sound like we might need one? either or that helps, thank you!!

Yes, if you are printing them yourself, they will need to be accompanied by a letter from the employer confirming their authenticity.

The requirements for payslips are:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

And for bank statements:

Bank statements must:

(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

From here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 7
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

if you are prining them off then yes, definitely get the letter from the previous employer to verify them. If they can also sign each page, even better, but the letter itself should be fine.  I'm doing the same for my ILR as I've started a new job recently as well and both current and previous only use e-payslips. :)

edit: oops- what ksand said!
Engaged: Sept 1 2013
Married: Dec 27 2013
Online application completed: Jan 28 2014
Biometrics completed: Jan 30 2014
Application packet mailed: Feb 8 2014
Documents delivered by FedEx: Feb 11
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Feb 12
Decision email received: Apr 4
Visa arrived: Apr 7
Moved to England: Apr 9 2014

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »
Thanks! Just waiting on the letter now!  I submitted my application on Friday and booked my biometrics for a few weeks from now and it just occurred to me that my visa will expire a few days before bio,but there were no earlier appointments. Since I have a submitted application is this ok and not overstaying?

Also can my documents be dated after the date of submission? We’re still waiting on the employment letter and for the last bank slip to be mailed to us so I wouldn’t want my application to be denied because the evidence is dated after the online submission 😅.

Also do I have to scan the documents at home or can I do it at the appointment? I don’t have a way to scan them really.

Sorry for the late night panic!

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »
Actually even worse my husband just told me that we need to reprint a few bank statements due to water damage which will really change the date they’re printed!

I know it needs to be atleast within 28 days, but ah I hope after is ok!!! Now I’m just panicking because there’s really no way to fix it if it not in the qualifications. 😭

(Although now that I’m thinking about it is it that the dates for the bank statement need to reflect 28 days or sooner? Or is it the day of the printing? Maybe I need some sleep)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:22:56 PM by Shivi »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 05:07:13 AM »
The evidence needs to be dated within 28 days before the date of your online application, that's one of the reasons that we advise not submitting until you have all of your evidence in your hand.

When does your current visa expire?

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 07:18:06 AM »
It expires June 12, but I have biometrics June 17. It was the soonest I could find.

And so what should I do about the application now? All of my evidence will have the dates before I submitted it just the printing date will be after since I have to reprint a few.

So like the pay slip will be dated before the date of application but the paper might say it was printed today for example.

Could I just write a letter saying that we had to reprint some of the evidence due to an accident?

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 12:37:52 PM »
Gonna bump this up in hopes of an answer ❤️

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab