Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M)-Document Checklist  (Read 415 times)

• Liked: 2
FLR(M)-Document Checklist
« on: May 23, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for FLR(M) and would be really grateful if you can provide feedback on if I have everything. 

Document
Current US passport-applicant
Expired US passport (with vignette)-applicant
Current UK passport-sponsor
BRP-front and back
Marriage certificate
Birth certificates of 2 children

Consent/declaration
Spouse declaration
Home office consent-applicant
Home office consent-sponsor

Category D Cash Savings
IRA statements-November 2018-April 2019
Liquidation confirmation (I had to liquidate mutual funds into cash in April 2019)
Source of cash declaration

Accommodation
Current lease

Correspondence
Joint bank statement-6/7/17-5/8/17
Sponsor’s electricity statement 24/11/17
Applicant's gas statement 9/12/17
Joint council tax statement-15/3/18
Joint bank statement-6/7/18-5/8/18
Joint gas/electricity statement-31/10/18
Joint council tax statement-11/3/19

Questions
1.  "Evidence of where Miss XXXX's other parent lives - such as utility bills".  Our 2 children both have UK/US citizenship so they are not on the application.  Do I need to provide anything here since I have included statements under correspondence above?

2.  My IRA statements are addressed to my mother-in-law's address in the US because we don't want them to get lost.  Will this cause any issue?

3.  Do I need to provide our prior lease or just the current one (even though some correspondence is addressed to the prior flat)?

Thank you very much!

• Liked: 1327
Re: FLR(M)-Document Checklist
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »
You're both named on the lease, I assume.  If not, you'll need that permission from the landlord.

For the cash savings, I see two sources:  IRAs and mutual funds?  For the IRAs, what date does the November statement begin and what date does the April statement end?  Do you have six FULL months?  For the liquidated mutual funds, do you have a statement that shows you held them for six FULL months and a bank statement showing the proceeds of the liquidation going into an account that you currently hold?

Edited to add:
I just saw your questions at the end!

Questions
1.  "Evidence of where Miss XXXX's other parent lives - such as utility bills".  Our 2 children both have UK/US citizenship so they are not on the application.  Do I need to provide anything here since I have included statements under correspondence above?

2.  My IRA statements are addressed to my mother-in-law's address in the US because we don't want them to get lost.  Will this cause any issue?

3.  Do I need to provide our prior lease or just the current one (even though some correspondence is addressed to the prior flat)?

Thank you very much!

1.  I don't know what evidence is required for children.  Is the daughter in question from a different relationship?  That might be relevant to whoever comes along to answer this question.

2.  The address on the IRA statements won't be a problem unless you're using them for your items of correspondence... but I see that you're not.  :)

3.  Just the current lease.  You need to show that if they approve the visa, you will have someplace to stay.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:36:22 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
You're both named on the lease, I assume.  If not, you'll need that permission from the landlord.

For the cash savings, I see two sources:  IRAs and mutual funds?  For the IRAs, what date does the November statement begin and what date does the April statement end?  Do you have six FULL months?  For the liquidated mutual funds, do you have a statement that shows you held them for six FULL months and a bank statement showing the proceeds of the liquidation going into an account that you currently hold?

Yes, we are both on the lease.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  There is only one source of cash savings and that's from my IRA which contained only mutual funds until I liquidated some into cash in April 2019.  The statements are monthly and cover from the 1st to the last day of each month and they show mutual funds balances exceeding £62,500 for 6 months.  To be on the safe side, I will include October's statement as well.  I didn't move the cash into another account.  I left them in the IRA but there is a line that indicates it is in a money market fund and not mutual funds.  Do you think that's ok?

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 11:47:40 AM »
Yes, we are both on the lease.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  There is only one source of cash savings and that's from my IRA which contained only mutual funds until I liquidated some into cash in April 2019.  The statements are monthly and cover from the 1st to the last day of each month and they show mutual funds balances exceeding £62,500 for 6 months.  To be on the safe side, I will include October's statement as well.  I didn't move the cash into another account.  I left them in the IRA but there is a line that indicates it is in a money market fund and not mutual funds.  Do you think that's ok?

As long as you can show that you can access the funds at any time, and that you have held them for at least 6 months (in one form or another), it should be fine.  Did you use savings for your previous visa?

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 11:51:11 AM »
As long as you can show that you can access the funds at any time, and that you have held them for at least 6 months (in one form or another), it should be fine.  Did you use savings for your previous visa?

No we used salary for our previous visa and we were going to do the same this time but because my husband switched to freelance and has a limited company, it was so complicated we decided to use the savings route.  Thank you for your help.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »

Edited to add:
I just saw your questions at the end!

1.  I don't know what evidence is required for children.  Is the daughter in question from a different relationship?  That might be relevant to whoever comes along to answer this question.

FYI my 2 children are from my current marriage. 

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 12:00:13 PM »
FYI my 2 children are from my current marriage. 

haha!  What a stupid application form!  I asked if your daughter was from a prior relationship because the application was asking for evidence of where Miss XXXX's other parent lived, so I assumed you indicated that the other parent was someone other than your current spouse.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:03:05 PM »
No we used salary for our previous visa and we were going to do the same this time but because my husband switched to freelance and has a limited company, it was so complicated we decided to use the savings route.  Thank you for your help.

Yeah, savings is the easiest.  Self-employed/head of a company is the most difficult.  You're at the good end of that spectrum.  :)

I think you need to include some kind of proof that you have ready access to the savings at any time (with or without penalty).  So, you may need to include a copy of the withdrawal terms/procedure.  Other than that, I think you're all set on the financial aspect.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
haha!  What a stupid application form!  I asked if your daughter was from a prior relationship because the application was asking for evidence of where Miss XXXX's other parent lived, so I assumed you indicated that the other parent was someone other than your current spouse.

I know!  I don't understand the intent of this question at all.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab