Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, happy day!  (Read 3411 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: Oh, happy day!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »
Owen giving it hell:

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »
You never do.  8) :P ;) ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
Owen giving it hell:

Fantastic, thanks for this. 

My only hope is that at the end of his stint as PM, Boris Johnson runs away crying as well. 

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
The worst thing from the EU's point of view, is a Brexiteer as a PM: May was a Remainer.

Could you specify exactly what May could have done differently if she was actually a Brexiteer?   I'm so sick of this argument that the reason the UK didn't get everything they wanted was because May was secretly dragging her heels.  She fought so hard for Brexit she ended up crying in frustration in front of everyone.  What more do you want?  Other than change the laws of object permanence so we can have our cake and eat it to, there is no possible outcome that is better than what we've got now.

What will any Brexiteer do at this point that May couldn't other than exit with no deal?   Do you actually believe the EU will give more concessions to Boris Johnson if he shows up to ask them to remove the backstop? 

Can you also explain why this matters? 
"Nothing to do with "good faith".  It was the EU who wanted  withdrawal negotions in that order and they knew that  nothing was agreed until everything was agreed: that was very clear from the start. The EU also mentioned that no UK government can be held to what a previous government has said. A new PM means a new UK government . "

Yes, those two things have always been known by everyone.  What is your point?  Other than point out the fact that we've always been the worst possible negotiating partner for the EU and have spent two years dithering about what we actually want and it's all for nought now because of internal Tory power struggles. 

• Liked: 342
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
You never do.  8) :P ;) ;D

When in a hole, stop digging.

I thought everybody knew what the EU said must happen and in what order, with any withdrawal agreement (if there is one), but it seems not. ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:42:37 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 533
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 163
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »
When in a hole, stop digging.

What? You mean like that quitter, Theresa May? Fat chance!

I thought everybody knew what the EU said must happen and in what order, with any withdrawal agreement (if there is one), but it seems not. ;D

I think it's cute that you think I'm bogged down in the minutiae like a psycho, but I'm not. You see, I knew Brexit was a stupid idea the first time I heard about it, and the ensuing ineptitude and chaos hasn't changed my opinion.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 04:21:09 PM »
By the way, there's a fabulous show on the Iplayer that is a fly on the wall documentary about the Brexit negotiations from the EU point of view.  Funnily enough, they were perfectly willing to have cameras showing all of their discussions. 

The biggest thing I learned in the two hours?  The EU is sick to the back teeth of the UK and they can't wait to kick them out the door.  They've settled a deal and are now baffled that the UK won't just get on with it. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab