Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Documents Required for Provisional License  (Read 865 times)

• Liked: 3
Documents Required for Provisional License
« on: June 01, 2019, 02:48:15 PM »
I have to provide proof of identity documents for my provisional license application, which I don't have a problem with.

I have to send in both my passport and BRP and I got slightly worried by the time factor of getting them back (and the possibility of both of them being lost).

It says on the application the DVLA is not responsible if the documents are lost and I didn't even consider this as a possibility.  I'm really hesitant to send off my documents now.

Has anyone on here had any issues with the DVLA losing your passport or BRP?  My wife and I are flying back to the US on the 24th of July and I don't want to send this off now if I won't get my documents back in time.

How long should I expect to get the provisional license, and how long should I expect to wait before I get my passport and BRP returned to me?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Documents Required for Provisional License
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 03:01:36 PM »
You only need to send the BRP.  You could use special delivery and include return postage for special delivery on the return if you want.

You should definitely have everything back in a month.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »
Oh so I only need to provide one form of ID?  I thought I had to provide two as there are two spaces.  That's great news lol

Also thank you again for all your help in getting my spousal visa, this community is incredible!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »
Definitely do the "special delivery" option return mail, though!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 06:02:39 PM »
Just the brp. I did the special delivery and had no issues getting it back. Came back a few days after my license.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab