Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rain. It's raining again.  (Read 7418 times)

• Liked: 163
Re: Rain. It's raining again.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 10:16:43 PM »
Soooo, the Daughter is telling me it didn't do this in the 2+ years she was over here on Ed Abroad. It didn't do this for the first two summers we were both here. Was that just a stretch of freakishly good weather, and this is what is "normal", or....? :o ???

I moved to the UK in April 2007. The weather was beautiful. There were clear skies and temperatures around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Everyone said, "It's not normally like this."

In July of that year it rained. A lot. There was flooding. Everyone said, "It's not normally like this."

I've come to realize that aside from cold and overcast, nearly any weather conditions in the UK, at any time of year, can be described as "not normally like this."

• Liked: 6110
Re: Rain. It's raining again.
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2019, 06:45:21 AM »
I moved to the UK in April 2007. The weather was beautiful. There were clear skies and temperatures around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Everyone said, "It's not normally like this."

In July of that year it rained. A lot. There was flooding. Everyone said, "It's not normally like this."

I've come to realize that aside from cold and overcast, nearly any weather conditions in the UK, at any time of year, can be described as "not normally like this."

So true!   ;D

Sponsored Links