Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One-way travel insurance  (Read 846 times)

• Liked: 10
One-way travel insurance
« on: June 20, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
Hi I'll be traveling the UK soon to join my wife on a spouse visa. I'm having trouble finding travel insurance policies that are for one-way trips. Should I just get a policy that covers the days that I'm traveling even though it's not a round trip and I won't be returning to my home country?

• Liked: 1260
Re: One-way travel insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
I can't think of any reason why round trip wouldn't be fine to use, to be honest..

But I guess the big question is how many days are you travelling to get to the UK? What will be the purpose of the insurance? Will it be to cover issues with bags (where this might actually be covered by airlines) or something more like plane tickets themselves?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »
I can't think of any reason why round trip wouldn't be fine to use, to be honest..

But I guess the big question is how many days are you travelling to get to the UK? What will be the purpose of the insurance? Will it be to cover issues with bags (where this might actually be covered by airlines) or something more like plane tickets themselves?
Thanks for the response!

Yeah I was thinking mainly issues with bags and if the flight was canceled and had to stay in a hotel until the next flight or something. But I guess those things could potentially be taken care of by the airline.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 11:12:10 PM »
Thanks for the response!

Yeah I was thinking mainly issues with bags and if the flight was canceled and had to stay in a hotel until the next flight or something. But I guess those things could potentially be taken care of by the airline.
My personal opinion is that it's not worth purchasing for the purpose you're wanting it for. The airline would be responsible for both bag issues and flight issues caused by them. It'd only be woth it if you were afraid *you* might cause an issue with making the flight. Again, not sure where you're flying from, but for the less than 1 day of travelling,I can't see how it'd be worth it...but you have to do what's right for you. That's just my 2p based on how I'd feel.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »
Yeah after thinking about it and considering your helpful input it does seem to be unnecessary. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab