Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Application Questions  (Read 1714 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spouse Application Questions
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
Hi everyone

My wife has just let me know that her current passport is a replacement for a lost passport (it actually says this inside), she had completely forgotten about this as it was almost 10 years ago.

Should she write a cover letter stating that the passport is a replacement for a lost passport and that, due to this, she has no older passport than her current one ?

Really unsure as to whether this will having a bearing of the application or not. Any advice would be really welcome as we were hoping to send the documents to New York today, tomorrow at the latest!

Thank you!

If in doubt, explain it!  :)

It will have no bearing on the application though.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »
Hi everyone

My wife has just let me know that her current passport is a replacement for a lost passport (it actually says this inside), she had completely forgotten about this as it was almost 10 years ago.

Should she write a cover letter stating that the passport is a replacement for a lost passport and that, due to this, she has no older passport than her current one ?

Really unsure as to whether this will having a bearing of the application or not. Any advice would be really welcome as we were hoping to send the documents to New York today, tomorrow at the latest!

Thank you!

I applied for my fiance visa at the end of 2012.  Back in 2004, I had a passport go missing and had to replace it, so my passport at the time of my application was a replacement.  I don't remember it saying so in the passport, though.  What I do vaguely feel like I remember is the application at the time asked for any previous passports to be included or I should explain why I'm not including them, so I did have to let then-UKBA (UKVI now, of course) know about the lost one.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 04:32:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies, we sent the application without any explanation as we were cutting it fine and my wife wasn't going to be able to go to UPS tomorrow as she is travelling for work.

All sent to New York now so fingers and toes all crossed.

Thanks for all your help everyone, will keep you updated on the progress!

Submitted online application: 13 July 2019
Biometrics: 19 July 2019
Documents received in NY: 30 July 2019
Decision made email: 22 August 2019
Documents and passport returned: 26th August 2019

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab